Edited Story Submissions

TheNewcomer

Experienced
Hello,

Sorry if this isn't the right forum area.

I submitted a story on Halloween and then edited it a day or so later. I'm assuming site traffic was high so it took 5 days or so for my story edit to be out of pending and posted.

So, my question is per the FAQ. Does it take 48 hours to update my story after pending is changed to approved? I checked it now that it's not pending and the story hasn't been updated.

Just looking for some clarity for future posting/edits.

Thank you.

Hello,

Sorry if this isn't the right forum area.

I submitted a story on Halloween and then edited it a day or so later. I'm assuming site traffic was high so it took 5 days or so for my story edit to be out of pending and posted.

So, my question is per the FAQ. Does it take 48 hours to update my story after pending is changed to approved? I checked it now that it's not pending and the story hasn't been updated.

Just looking for some clarity for future posting/edits.

Thank you.

As a new story poster you can expect longer than the rest of us to get your first stories cleared - 5-6 days, maybe longer.

As soon as you tweak a story and resubmit, you go to the end of the queue and your clock starts again. Once it shows "approved" it can take a day or two to show up. If it runs longer than that, send a PM to Laurel - who is the only story approver.

Once you have a few stories up, posting times will speed up. Plan on around 3 days, unless there's a competition running - comp entries get highest priority.

Moral of the tale: get your copy in the best shape you possibly can before submitting, and then resist the temptation to tweak and edit after submission.

For sure, I definitely try not to edit them.

One person doing the approving? Quite the task!

Thank you for the information.

If you want to make sure your story is in the best shape possible before submitting it, find a volunteer editor. Depending on the length of your story and whether or not they are busy, it can take from a few days to a week or more for a good editor to finish editing the story. I'm one of the volunteer editors who has been editing for over 3 years.

Back