How to date a single mom?

Attention to all- I asked for advice on how to date a single mother. I'm not pushing my way into the child's life, I'm seeing what others experiences and thoughts on the subject are, I haven't meet the child, honestly don't plan on meeting the child for sometime because I understand how tough it is for a mother to decide when the time is right. I flat out wouldn't wait two years and if the mother instantly wanted me to meet her son, I'd see them both as red flags and would move on.

I didn't plan on liking a single mother, I don't exactly know the details of a custody battle, have a general understanding and imagine it's tough for each party. I never once said the father shouldn't have a part of the child's life, I fully believe the child should have a father and it's not my role to play. As far as not being ready to be a Father, eh, not really anyone's call but mine.

I appreciate the input as I don't know what ball is going to be thrown my way next and use this type of research to find out what's acceptable and ways to handle things.
 
I have a friend that fell in love with a single mom after dating her for a while, married her, and he could not be any happier. They have one of their own now and her kid from her first marriage bonds real well with my friend.

When you wait for the perfect girl/guy, you will wait forever. I don't mean settle for someone but I do mean there is never perfection in anything. That is life.
 
And just like that, all of the thought isn't worth it, the feelings weren't mutual, all of the hard work, the thoughts, the love, all of it gone because she needs to learn to love again.

Love isn't fair....

Thanks everybody for the thoughts, the input and just your time. Maybe she answered my questions for me.

To the single moms and dad's, from my heart, I'm extremely proud of you, I never realized the commitment you have to your child, the financial hardships you go through, the walls you have up, how hard you protect your children. Congrats to ask of you!
 
Back
Top