The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, for those who asked, here is a picture of the northeast corner of my shop with the workbench and the 18 drawer tool cabinet installed. The rest of the shop isn't anywhere this neat . . . yet! Having things better organized is a wonderful feeling. It makes me want to sweep up and keep the place cleaner and ready to use! :eek:

Okay, for those who asked, here is a picture of the northeast corner of my shop with the workbench and the 18 drawer tool cabinet installed. The rest of the shop isn't anywhere this neat . . . yet! Having things better organized is a wonderful feeling. It makes me want to sweep up and keep the place cleaner and ready to use! :eek:

Really nice setup you got there, Bear! :D

Lovely, Bear, nice work. But don't they say "a neat workshop is the sign of an unemployed artisan?" ;)

Well, first day of summer and we have torrential rain. Hydroplaned most of the way home. :eek:

It's dark & gloomy round here.
Fancy having to put the heating on in the middle of June

Coffee's on, folks.

Bear; Love the workshop, but what normally goes in the corner space to the right of the bench and the left of the tool cabinet?

Mmmm, coffee!
Cheer up, HP, it's a nicer day today. :rose:

Bear, what a gorgeous chest. Of drawers.
(Although we may need to get the builders in and knock down some Naked Party walls to get it to fit in here :devil:.)

anna - really good luck with the party! and yummy, thanks for the baked goods.
:rose:

Mmmm, coffee!
Cheer up, HP, it's a nicer day today. :rose:

Bear, what a gorgeous chest. Of drawers.
(Although we may need to get the builders in and knock down some Naked Party walls to get it to fit in here :devil:.)

anna - really good luck with the party! and yummy, thanks for the baked goods.

Good morning, Duchess.

Hmm, I think we need to check with Molly before we break out the sledge hammers. I think she got rather upset when someone nearly wrecked the place trying to install the hot tub.

Good morning, Duchess.

Hmm, I think we need to check with Molly before we break out the sledge hammers. I think she got rather upset when someone nearly wrecked the place trying to install the hot tub.

Gosh, yes! although I think she did approve of the builders we brought in. :devil:

I'm just making up something for supper but you can have a bit in an hour or so. I have some leftover roast pork so I'm going to cook it as if it was lamb for a Shepherd's Pie and eat it with rice when Piglet comes home. That'll set her up well for cub camp. And me - as I have to drive there with a load of cub kit and probably a car full of cub scouts. Death where is thy sting.
:)

Good morning, Duchess.

I think I remember that.
Didn't someone pinch her Broomstick to keep her grounded for a while ?
The Dragon was on duty outside, as I recall.

Gosh, yes! although I think she did approve of the builders we brought in. :devil:

I'm just making up something for supper but you can have a bit in an hour or so. I have some leftover roast pork so I'm going to cook it as if it was lamb for a Shepherd's Pie and eat it with rice when Piglet comes home. That'll set her up well for cub camp. And me - as I have to drive there with a load of cub kit and probably a car full of cub scouts. Death where is thy sting.

"
The Bells of Hell go ting-a-ling-a-ling
For you but not for me:
For me the angels sing-a-ling-a-ling,
They've got the goods for me.

Oh! Death, where is thy sting-a-ling-a-ling?
Oh! Grave, thy victory?
The Bells of Hell go ting-a-ling-a-ling
For you but not for me.

"

First world war ditty.

Hooray! the builders are here. In my house not the Naked Party. At last we can get the cat flap put in. She can't use it any more, of course, as she's too fat now, but it's the principle of the thing.
:nana:

You need a builders' team for a cat flap ?

Rolf; a large Something, please.

Did you think the Fella was going to do it? :rolleyes:

They have to refit one of the flagstones which is coming loose (as it's the one we step down from into the road, this is quite important :eek:) and also cut the padlock off the shed since Someone broke their key off in it and we can only get into the shed by breaking and entering. This is horribly easy to do, so we don't like to do it too publicly and make it obvious how simple it would be to nick the lovely broken pippity ping we have hiding out there. Gosh, those magnets are in high demand you know ;). (I have not forgotten them, as soon as I can figure out which of my outfits best matches my new screwdriver set I am on the case.)

Did you think the Fella was going to do it? :rolleyes:

They have to refit one of the flagstones which is coming loose (as it's the one we step down from into the road, this is quite important :eek:) and also cut the padlock off the shed since Someone broke their key off in it and we can only get into the shed by breaking and entering. This is horribly easy to do, so we don't like to do it too publicly and make it obvious how simple it would be to nick the lovely broken pippity ping we have hiding out there. Gosh, those magnets are in high demand you know ;). (I have not forgotten them, as soon as I can figure out which of my outfits best matches my new screwdriver set I am on the case.)

Most ladies prefer red when screwing things. Uh.... Using screwdrivers.

A good set of bolt cutters work great on padlocks. Ask any thief.

I hope you have the cat fixed after she has the kittens and before you unlock the cat door. I wonder where she will carry her key?

It's dark & gloomy round here.
Fancy having to put the heating on in the middle of June

Coffee's on, folks.

Bear; Love the workshop, but what normally goes in the corner space to the right of the bench and the left of the tool cabinet?

In a couple of months a big dust collector vacuum will go in that corner and 4" pipes will go across the ceiling to the various tools. The saw/router, the jointer/planer, the drill press, the band saw, the surface sander and the forthcoming 20" disc sander will all have direct dust collection. Sawdust is bad for you.

There will be need for additional 220V circuitry and I've decided I want the A/C hardwired in so it can be run while the heavy duty machinery is going instead of having to choose between the A/C and jointer/planer. So it remains a work in progress and probably will until I get to feeble to lift a board. :)

In a couple of months a big dust collector vacuum will go in that corner and 4" pipes will go across the ceiling to the various tools. The saw/router, the jointer/planer, the drill press, the band saw, the surface sander and the forthcoming 20" disc sander will all have direct dust collection. Sawdust is bad for you.

There will be need for additional 220V circuitry and I've decided I want the A/C hardwired in so it can be run while the heavy duty machinery is going instead of having to choose between the A/C and jointer/planer. So it remains a work in progress and probably will until I get to feeble to lift a board. :)

Make sure and double the size of the air return on the A/C for the shop and make sure it is easy to get to and clean often. Even with the shop vac there is going to be dust.

Make sure and double the size of the air return on the A/C for the shop and make sure it is easy to get to and clean often. Even with the shop vac there is going to be dust.

Oh, I know. That's why not only will there be a venturi vacuum system but a microfilter scrubber up next to the ceiling. I'm also going to invest in a dust helmet. My eye doc has been on my case about all the sawdust he sees in my eyes.

Good morning, Duchess.

Shut up, both of you! That wasn't when it was installed. If you remember, it was when I accidentally body checked it through the walk with my massive, Jabba the Hutt-like bulk. My ass was saved from Molly's wrath only at the expense of those of the builders. Dulce et decorum est pro Steve mori...

Let sleeping dogs lie, eh? Please...? :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back