Viagra et al -- what do they do (besides the obvious)

Athalia

Literotica Guru
Joined
Jul 17, 2010
Posts
1,211
I'm writing a story about a mature man using Viagra for erectile dysfunction, but find myself ignorant about a couple of things.

I know that it allows a fellow to get hard and stay hard for several hours. What I'm confused about is what it feels like between orgasms. I know from my experience with guys that his penis is very sensitive up to the orgasm, and then after the orgasm it becomes ... I guess "deader" is the word ... it doesn't respond to further sensation until after the refractory period is over, when it again responds. Some guys have told me, in fact, that it becomes too sensitive -- almost painful -- to touch for a little while. Then the normal cycle happens over again with the penis responding pleasurably to licks and strokes.

What I want to know is how an always-hard penis reacts to an orgasm. Does the sensitivity decrease? Does it have a de-sensitized refractory period similar to a non-treated penis? Does it affect the intensity of the orgasm itself? Or is its main value the ability to provide vaginal or rectal stimulation to the partner? And are increased dosages necessary the longer it's used?

Help me out, guys. The literature I've encountered doesn't really answer these questions well.
 
Wow. A week later, and nobody's posted?

If there isn't anybody on the board who actually uses Viagra or a similar drug (which I find rather hard to believe, considering how much the Pentagon allegedly spends on it), I would be grateful for any links to a site where my question is addressed. Thank you.
 
I saw your post. "No prob," sez I. "I'll just do a Google search, and..."

You're right. There's practically nothing on the topic of what you're asking. How it works, yes. Side effects, yes. Dangers, yes. But first-person impressions ... zilch.

But the Blank Manual on this very site turned up this:

http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=241761

You might find what you're looking for there.
 
Hi, I just read one of our stories. Sweet!
I use the injection ED meds. But all of them do the same. They make the blood vessels going into the penis open up so that more blood goes in then out. Thus an erection happens.
ED happens because the blood leaks out too fast so that an erection fails.
A rubber O ring around the whole package slows the blood flow out for me. They also make rubber bands that choke the penis to keep blood in.
A pump uses a ring at the base of the penis and then vacuum to get blood to flow in with the idea the ring will keep it there.
:):):):):):):)
 
My experience ....

Viagra does not create the desire to have sex or increase arousal. It is also not a guaranteed erection in the case where those prerequisites are not present. A corellary is that after orgasm if the spirit isn't willing then there is no second erection in the cards. Most of the time I'm a one and done kind of guy, for a few hours at least and don't feel any different when I use the drug.

I don't get hard and stay hard. If we take a break or stop stimulation for some reason I will soften up. I usually don't go quite as flaccid afterward as usual either. Staying at quarter or half mast seems to be the norm. Sometimes I get an erection later or maybe even the following morning. I take advantage of it but it is more work to finish and the results are somewhat lackluster. Still, any orgasm is better than no orgasm :)

Because the drug opens blood vessels, a common side effect is feeling flush. I enjoy the feeling, which lasts quite a while. My skin is more sensitive all over from the extra blood so cuddling etc feels great long after wee finish.

Really the only difference that the drug makes is that I get an erection faster and more reliably than relying on nature alone any more. It requires planning ahead, which is mildly annoying but not nearly as much as not being up to the job unpredictably.

I suspect that you aren't getting many replies because it's somewhat embarrassing to come out and say that a little nudge is needed in the virility department from time to time. Maybe people who can afford to use it for strictly recreational purposes have a different experience.

Edited to add that I use a low dosage. Guys who take more probably have different experiences.
 
Last edited:
Thanks for your replies. I'll have to do more research, obviously.

You know, I never thought to look in the Blank Manual. Silly me.
 
An edited and paraphrased post I previously made in a thread on the subject. Searchable in the archives of course.

Viagra and Cialis both certainly work for me with minimal side effects. I have no real problems with sex without them, but they certainly enhance it.

I did not have ED per se but rather just had the regular performance changes that might be associated with being age 60. That said, those "performance changes" went away after I became fit and trim again, having lost 85 lbs through diet change and exercise, and I'm now as virile as ever.

I still have incredible sex drive, perhaps sometimes to the chagrin of my five year older wife, and when I use Viagra or Cialis it's so that my performance will be as youthful as my drive. In that regard, mission accomplished. (The wife BTW, albeit a little heavier than she would like, still looks great. Dark haired, brown eyed, olive skinned Italian with hardly a wrinkle and huge tits. I think, at least partially, that the extra padding helps to keep the wrinkles at bay.)

I have found this. Both Viagra and Cialis work as advertised. As others noted, Viagra does not make you hard all the time and the effect only takes place in response to sexual stimulation. Compared to Cialis, Viagraseems to have a more direct affect in response to stimulation in that it will "get the blood flowing", and get things hard, in response to the slightest sexual activity, kissing, petting, or especially direct touching of my genitals. If stimulation continues after orgasm, there is virtually no refractory period and I can usually get hard and come again in short order. My wife's usually done after one orgasm so if get the privilege of cumming again it's usually with a handjob from she or I, or sometimes oral sex first and then I pleasure her. Fortunately, she's a good sport and takes pleasure in my pleasure. For me, the side effects, as in headache and nasal stuffiness, seem to be more pronounced with Viagra than with Cialis though I don't find it extremely uncomfortable. With Viagra, once stimulation is over my erection will go away and my penis will become fully flaccid.

Cialis is an odd bird for me. Taken in advance, it will leave me feeling slightly aroused below the waist within an hour without any direct stimulation. Even the rubbing of my penis on my underwear will leave me feeling aroused and sometimes partially erect and leaking pre-cum. Upon going to bed (or wherever we're going to play) after taking Cialis, and with my wife getting ready in the bathroom, I will get hard just with anticipation of the sex to come with no direct stimulation. When we really start messing around in earnest, I'll be rock hard with the skin on my penis stretched about as taught as it can be.

To me, Cialis is not just an erection enhancer but also a sensation enhancer and it literally gives me what I can only describe as a "sexual itch", or feeling of anticipation, from my penis to my anus. I also feel that it enhances the intensity and duration of my orgasm. Like Viagra, it leaves me with virtually no refractory period but, unlike Viagra, it will leave me not what I would call hard, or not even with what I would call a "partial erection", but slightly enhanced (larger and firmer) with no stimulation for the duration of the drugs effect. I will feel that "sexual itch" for a day after taking it and enhanced erections will last for several days. I have less of the headache and stuffiness side effect with Cialis but....sometimes have back pain and even leg pain (which I sometimes get, originating from my spine issues, anyhow). In that regard, and since I walk great distances for fitness (no more running due to spine issues & surgery) I sometimes might have to skip a day of walking after taking Cialis.

I can't say that I prefer one over the other except that I'm not too fond of the Viagra headache and, while I sometimes like it, I can also find the "sexual itch" from the Cialis to be a bit annoying.

Not part of the OP's question but, as an aside, the number one sexual enhancement and confidence booster for me has been in reclaiming my youth by getting fit and trim again. I've lost 85 pounds, as of 10/06/2017, and am actually four pounds under my target weight. I'm now withing 6 pounds of what I weighed when I was a distance runner in my teens and twenties. (BTW, that "target weight " is the same amount I weighed when attending two law enforcement academies 34 and 31 years ago respectively.) A favorite quote of a friend of mine is that for every 10 pounds you lose, your dick gains one inch. I don't think that's necessarily true but having less girth around the gut, and less flab on your mons area, certainly helps you make the best with what you've got.
 
I started using Viagra in my 50s. My Dr asked how it was, told him good but I was having trouble with blue vision, he told me that was an allergic re a and could have adverse effects. So I tried Levetra, it was ok but too pricey, then when Cialis is offered coupons I used it. Worked better but still really pricey. Graduated to injections. Ouch!! Then my urologist suggested vacuum therapy! So I'm in my late 70s and can get a super woody. Extremely sensative! Only thing can be the fact your ejaculate is bound in by the ring so if your partner likes the ejaculation flow, that doesn't happen.
 
I have a friend that got one of those tube things installed because nothing would work for him. Hes probably in his 70’s now because he was talking about this being his second installation. He reaches down to his balls turns a couple of valves and pumps the thing up hard. He had a big smile on his face when he was telling me about his second surgery.

Said hey, I got a new cock today!
I said congratulations.
 
Has anyone ever tried the liquid version of tadalafil (Cialis) or sildenafil (Viagra)?
 
An erection is achieved and maintained hydraulically, not mechanically. Blood, not muscles.
 
Well, I was mainly wondering whether a man, after his first orgasm "under the influence" will have a penis that's still hard but no longer responds to sexual stimulation the way it did before the orgasm. Jamal says that the penis becomes "highly sensitive" after an orgasm, with or without Viagra, but I'm not sure that's a good thing ... most men I've been with, after they cum, don't want to have their penises fondled right away. After the refractory period, though, they're ready for more stimulation.

I guess what I'm trying to say is: After the orgasm, the guy will still be hard, but will he continue to enjoy the sensation, or will he have what in effect is a not-very-sensitive "meat dildo" that would only please his partner until he again goes through the cycle of arousal that he would have had without the drug?

I do thank people for their responses to this post. There are some things one just can't learn otherwise.
 
The times when I've gone for round two, the feeling is reduced. Honestly, at that point stamina has a lot more to do with how my general health and energy is faring.

Everyone's different, and with respect to becoming a 'meat dildo' it pays to keep in mind that the brain is the biggest sex organ in the body. It's possible to mix up the other kinds of stimulation elsewhere to keep the heat of the moment burning. If she's still Jonesing pretty hard, that in itself is exciting enough to keep me interested.

But, tired out is tired out. I'm sure that for many, myself included, just getting more regular exercise and getting rid of the ol' spare tire would dramatically change things in bed.
 
I tried it and it worked pretty well for me. I think I would use it again

What source did you use?
I've looked at a couple of websites that sell the liquid, just looking for one that's on the up and up.
 
How hard and how long?

So far my husband doesn't need anything to get hard. But reading this made me wonder if we would have better sex if he took it. He can fuck for a normal length of time and then needs a minimum of 20 minutes to go again. After round two he is done. It would not be fun for me if he felt nothing but was hard. I might as well use my dildo for that. But I wonder if he could have sensation and rest and go again several times.

Send me a PM if you know what your are talking about.

Thanks:kiss:
 
Has anyone ever tried the liquid version of tadalafil (Cialis) or sildenafil (Viagra)?

Not sure if its the same one you are referring to but we have a product called Kamagra which comes in both liquid and tablet form and in my experience, the effects are the same as Viagra. Similar side effects and it works for about 24 hours.

Personally I much prefer Cialis and would appreciate it if you have the name of their liquid product?
 
Tried all 3

I have tried all 3 and been using them on and off for about 15 years.

The first one I tried was Viagra and although I did find the headaches quite a problem they worked very well. I was about 40 and found that within minutes of cumming if there was still stimulation I would be hard and ready to go. I think the best I achieved was about 5 times over the course of about 8 hours. I did not find that Viagra helped with cumming too quickly for the first 2 or 3 shots but obviously as we went past 3 times it did take a little longer. I did find that with Viagra I was almost constantly hard and it would take little for me to gain a solid erection. I would also mention that we get Kamagra liquid here and find it works almost exactly the same as Viagra but does take effect a little quicker.

I was about 50 when my doctor suggested Cialis and this has been a revelation for me. Firstly it makes me achieve erections at the slightest provocation for about 3 days and it is great to be waking up with a morning hard-on for the first time in a while. I do also firmly believe that it makes me last much longer and in fact, at times my partners have complained that it takes too long to cum and it becomes painful for them. I do find that this is even more of a factor if you have a few drinks while on Cialis. For best results, I take them a few hours before to let the flushes die down and then I am good to go. I think the cost is probably the only downside. I did also find that for about a year I took one every week and the quickly lost their effectiveness and I have now backed off to 1 a month.

I have tried Levitra once and really can't make an educated comment and from the one experience, I felt it was similar to Viagra in that the effects only stayed for a day.

For all 3 of these, I can't say I have seen any difference in the amount of cum I am able to produce.

Feel free to PM me if you would like to discuss anything I have not covered.
 
So far my husband doesn't need anything to get hard. But reading this made me wonder if we would have better sex if he took it. He can fuck for a normal length of time and then needs a minimum of 20 minutes to go again. After round two he is done. It would not be fun for me if he felt nothing but was hard. I might as well use my dildo for that. But I wonder if he could have sensation and rest and go again several times.

Send me a PM if you know what your are talking about.

Thanks:kiss:


I have about 6 friends using it and they range in age from 30 to 55 and in every case their wives know exactly when they have taken Cialis as they are harder and thicker and on penetration, they work it out pretty quickly. Unfortunately, the default for many guys is that they don't need it but in every case where I have persuaded someone to try it they never make that statement again.
 
I have tried Viagra, Cialis, and Levitra. All worked for a time, then did nothing, for me. Viagra left me with a splitting headache, but worked fine. Said headache would last for a day, sadly, my erection didn't. The other 2 did work as advertised. That was last year. Since then, my ED has gotten progressively worst. Now, no drug will get it up, any way shape of form. I found out that I have a pinched nerve in the lower part of the spine that has to do with sexual functions. Now, that's a real bummer. Besides not liking operations, a spinal operation is out of the question. I would "assume" it was caused by the car accident I was involved in 50 years ago. I was never a great cocks-man my whole life. Always had ED to some length. Now it has hit me square in the golden years. I attribute the low libido in my wife to my problem. I can understand her not wanting to play with a dead wet noodle.
 
I attribute the low libido in my wife to my problem. I can understand her not wanting to play with a dead wet noodle.

Don't be too hard on yourself. A woman's libido lessens for many, many reasons ... menopause, clinical depression, medications, to name a few. When I'm with a man, I'm not primarily interested in the state of his penis, but with what he's able to arouse in me, and whether I can bring him to arousal and pleasure him. If he's hard, so much the better, because it's important to him and boosts his ego. But I tell him right up front that he doesn't have to penetrate me to bring me to an orgasm ... there are lots of other methods for that.
 
Try goodrx.com. I just picked up 30 5mg Cialis for $14.65. My Dr has no problem giving me a prescription.
 
Back
Top