A need for an adventure! (OPEN: PM FIRST)

jenwishuknew

Literotica Guru
Joined
May 14, 2015
Posts
607
A need for an adventure! (closed for Rocket1010)

THE PLOT
A married woman in her early 30s, rather a joint owner in her husband’s firm. She now had an equal role to play in the company as her husband and that meant, if he was busy taking care of clients she would the one to take care of other clients who needed attention. She even had to attend meetings on his behalf as she represented the company. It also meant she had to travel a lot and their marriage was becoming more of just a lame relationship. Though, no one complained…both felt it that way. Vanessa Alfonso needed something in her life that would keep her life just as fun and exciting. Who is going to come her way to give her that experience? While she was out on a business trip? The waiter at a restaurant? Another business executive? The bell boy? A guy who she met in the flight? A boy she met on the airport? A masseuse? A cop who pulls her over at night while she is on a business trip? DO NOTE THAT THIS IS MULTIPLE CHARACTER GAME...NOT JUST One. Also it can be played as one character per one partner. Should that happen, I'll end up opening my thread for one new partner for a new character and so forth so at any given time, one partner would be playing one character and then I'll seek for a new partner. Just because people (one rp parrner) can't come up with various different characters for the game and make them all different, I am willing to go different route where I open this rp for new partner after each scene concludes.


So many possibilities as this can revolved between her and just one same character and if partner wants to play different men, boys that come her way…that is fine with me as well. Descriptive and creative partners only please. This isn’t just smut but also a plot.



Here is the first post. If, interested, message me your first post and some ideas here first, before posting here.

740full-danielle-knudson.jpg

Danielle Cantwell, age 33, made the best decision of marrying Jason Cantwell many years back when he proposed to her. She came from a decent family, who made decent living and the only good thing about it all was that with her scholarship, she attended a prestigious college. The rich boy, Jason, and she started dating towards the end of their college and everything felt so right. They were in love and next thing she knew he was graduating, taking over his father's company while she still had another year left.

When she was done, he proposed and seeing the lifestyle he had to offer along with her love for him, she couldn’t say no. He wasn’t quite the handsome but he was decent looking. She never looked at another guy after that and kept herself for him only. Their married life is good and having been a housewife, she had to make many decisions. In last few years, she was getting way bored at home and he suggested the idea of her becoming an executive manager besides him and other partners in CEO panel. That way she won’t be bored doing duties of the position she takes on and he also needed someone trustworthy to help him in the business....amongst other partners.

She had the knowledge and the brain to be that person...so she agreed. Besides other 4 executives, her husband was the only one who was married. Attending meetings at first and then joining the company with her office on another floor ...just like her husband's and then she started going regularly. More like attending meetings he can’t attend on top of mandatory the executives needed to attend every few days. She loved the attention she got from being outside of their mansion and young interns, few executives and other managers....were all staring at her at some point in time. She still was that one man woman and didn’t matter to her much that she was eye candy in the office.


Though, recently their married life has just been the same...bullshit. More decision contrast between them, seeing each other 24 x 7 was screwing up their already screwed married life...and sex life was very much the same. Make out, clothes off, him on top of her and when he was done...it was done for her too, no matter if she had her orgasm or not. Most of the other times, he was tired or she was tired. Either he was away on a business trip or she was. The whole point of her joining the office was she was bored at home and she was complaining that he didn’t give her enough time and got into fights more. He suggested she should join too and she did.

Speaking of which, he asked her to attend another meeting on his behalf and because it was all the way in Texas, he didn’t wanted to waste time traveling. Flights from east coast took long hours. She agreed and every time they were out, executives stayed in 5 stars hotels. She had made it just in time to make it to the meeting that was later that evening. She had on a white sleeveless dress that hugged her curves and extended to her mid thighs. She was just about done giving a presentation to a room full of 4 men. All were in their early to late 50s but one as she kept her gaze on each one of them from time to time, confidently. “Lights please…” she said with a smile when she was done with her presentation.
 
Last edited:
Dane Baker.jpg, Baker International, sat in the audience listening to a woman from Cantwell Enterprises talking about the advantages of investing in their firm. He had heard the spiel before from other companies looking for money to invest in their products or services. But this presentation was anything but boring. The woman at the podium was gorgeous and with the literature she handed out, he saw she was an executive manager for the company. He also saw the name of Jason Cantwell, as CEO and assumed she was either the daughter of the company CEO or was related somehow to the CEO.

Dane smiled at the woman and it seemed to him she would always make eye contact with him after surveying the room full of men. At 43 he was used to women looking at him and smiling. He was divorced with two kids but they lived with their mother in Florida and he only saw them occasionally when they were on holiday from school. The marriage ended abruptly when his wife caught him screwing around with his secretary and decided to take the kids out of state. It turned out she was having an affair too and he was not surprised to find out she was married within two months of their divorce being finalized.

Ms. Cantwell was very thorough with her facts and figures and as the presentation continued, he took in her white sleeveless dress that showed off her luscious curves. Walking back and forth on the stage, he was able to observe her nice figure and the way her dress rode up just a little, giving the audience a glimpse of her long tanned legs. He also noticed the big shiny rock on the third finger of her left hand and felt a little let down knowing she was married. Though it didn’t matter to him, he wondered if she was true to her husband. Being out on the road, trying to convince venture capitalists to loosen their pocketbooks meant she must do a lot of traveling.

When the presentation was completed, she asked for the house lights and he was able to see more of her natural beauty. She was asking if there were any questions from the audience. A few men put their hands up, asking what he thought were mundane questions. Hell if they would have listened to her presentation, they would have heard the answers. But some men liked to hear themselves speak and so they asked stupid questions. The woman had done a very good job outlining the company and its position financially but as she said in her presentation, they wanted to expand and needed some venture capital. Dane found her answers to the audience's questions to be direct and to the point with very little beating around the bush.

He had some questions but he wanted to ask them in a more private setting. He was pretty sure he was going to invest in the company but he wanted to know more about the project and the rewards for his investment. He was in business to make money and whenever he invested in a young or old company, he wanted a return on his investment.

The room was emptying when he walked to the stage and introduced himself. “Ms. Carlson, you did an excellent job giving information on the company and outlining why you need more capital. But I make it habit not to get too excited about any new project until I have had some time to digest the information.” He saw her smile and then continued, “I don’t usually give a yes or no until I have a private meeting with the CEO or someone who is responsibly in charge and can make a decision. If you’re free for dinner later, I can meet you in the hotel restaurant about 6 pm for dinner and discuss your company’s need for more money.” He saw her thinking about his proposal and waited for her response.
 
Last edited:
Danielle had a long travel day and was starting to get to her. She woke up earlier that morning and caught a flight. She spent almost extended hours at an airport where she had a layover, having booked the tickets on the last moment. All this to actually make it in time for the evening conference meeting with four important people from Baker International. Now, she’d never met the guy but she was greeted by one of the CEO who had a small conference room ready for her presentation. Matter of fact, everything was ready and everyone had taken their seat by the time she entered the office.

She turned on her laptop and connected the cable to the port, displaying her presentation on the big screen in the small conference room. The lights were slightly dimmed but for the most part, they were able to see her move around the front of the room. Her heels clicked against the floor, making that sound which would distract only ones who weren’t paying attention to her presentation. She had worked on it during the whole trip and she made sure to include all the necessary information, leaving no space for questions. But, there are always questions and whether it’s regarding something she’d said, to some people, it just took longer to understand it and one may have to repeat it.

That is why, she smiled pretty and ended up answering few questions that the people in audience had. She wasn’t mad or annoyed by it. Matter of fact, she’d want them to ask their silly questions so they can understand this better, making them on board with investment. It all came down to that. Now that she’d finished her presentation, she knew she had rest of the evening all to herself and given her flight was way later in the day, she could sleep in.

The timing was set perfectly so that these people would have time to discuss things over her proposal. They had enough time to actually go home, think it over and probably discuss it amongst them the next day in the morning. She’d simply stop by in the afternoon, with contracts for them to sign, should they decided to invest. One shouldn’t rush into these things and that’s why, her company always suggested that their clients take their time.

Once she was done answering their questions, she started packing up. She turned off her laptop and unplugged the cable before shoving it in her bag. By the time she looked up and prepared herself to leave, she found a man waiting for her. She smiled when he came forward and complimented her skills on giving presentation, “Thank you. It’s Cantwell.” She simply corrected them with a soft smile on her face, “And you are? Mr. Baker?” She said as she had seen an old picture of him on their website which she’d happen to come across when browsing through. She thought she’d seen him somewhere and it was now that he was standing so close, it occurred to her that it was him indeed. She extended her hand for a shake, “It’s an honor. We didn’t get a chance to meet earlier. I did meet two of your associates.”

She said and watched him tower over her with his tall frame. She smiled softly, “And that’s a good practice. One must understand what they’re investing in before actually doing it. And I am not asking you to give me a yes or no. At least not now. That’s why I am stopping by tomorrow. But yeah…I would love to discuss this in further details if that’s what you want. Over the dinner sounds like a good idea.” She said and turned her wrist to check the time and it was 5. She gave him a hesitant look about her face, “Gee…can we do it a little later. It’s 5 o’clock already and I’d need some more time. How about 7? If not, we can shoot for 6? Here's my card, call me 5 minutes before and I will be down there in no time. Or if there's any change in plans.” She asked politely as she looked up at him. Once he’d agree to the time, she’d take the lead, saying bye and walking out of the office, “It was nice meeting you and I look forward to our dinner, soon.” She chuckled and nodded at him before walking away, carrying her brown coat in her left hand, not having any idea how he’d be checking her out from behind. Once she'd reach her hotel room, she decided to just sit back and relax for a few minutes before deciding to take a long shower. After which, she started getting ready and when it was 7, she decided to head down stairs in the lobby.
 
Dane was a bit humbled when she corrected him. How in the world did he mix her up with Maxine Carlson who worked for another company he invested in. He could see the resemblance and after she told him she wanted to meet later than 6 0'clock, he smiled at her.

"I'm sorry for the mix up in names, Ms. Cantwell. You reminded me of another woman who works for a company in which I have an investment."

He looked at the card she gave him and looked into her dark eyes, happy that she agreed to meet with him. He always liked to do a one on one with a prospective investment without some of his trusted managers. "7 o'clock is fine with me Ms. Cantwell. If it changes I'll give you a call."

When she turned to walk away, he took in the firmness of her ass in the tight dress. 'Hmmm nice," he thought as she gave him one last glance over her shoulder when she walked out the door.

Dane looked at his own watch and figured he needed about 15 minutes to a half-hour to get to her hotel. He often met potential clients at the hotel to discuss business. Picking up his cell phone he called the restaurant and made a reservation for his favorite table. Then he went into his office to some last minute end of the day work. He looked up at the wall clock and saw he had about thirty minutes before he had to leave.

One nice thing about being the boss of a very successful business was some of the perks he allowed himself. Walking into the private executive restroom off his office, he took a quick shower and then splashed on some Old Spice before he changed his clothes. He opened the closet where he kept a few changes of clothes just in case he needed to freshen up after a long day. Selecting a light blue shirt with black trousers, he pulled a black blazer. He decided not to put on a tie as this meeting with Ms. Cantwell would be informal.

Looking into the full mirror over the sink, he smiled at his own image. 'She's married Dane so don't get any ideas,' he thought.

Driving his BMW through traffic, he arrived at the hotel at 6:50 pm and confirmed his dinner reservation. He talked to the maître de for a few minutes and then headed to the lobby. He smiled brightly when Ms. Cantwell walked out of the elevator and saw him. He saw her bright smile and he wondered for a moment if she was happily married.

"Thanks for meeting with me Ms. Cantwell," he said with a chuckle knowing he got her name right. "Right this way," he said putting his hand on the small of her back and guiding her to the restaurant. He felt her body freeze for a moment but she didn't try to pull away from him.

"Hello Andre. Reservations for two at seven," he said.

"Yes, right this way Mr. Baker," he replied leading them to a table away from the main dining area. "After seating them, he added, "Your waitress is Marge and she will be right with you." Dane watched as Andre, turned and snapped his fingers in the direction of a waitress waiting on the other side of the room.

"Again thanks for coming down to meet me Ms. Cantwell. By the way may I call you Danielle? It only seems appropriate if we are going to work together." The waitress was at the side of the table and he looked at Danielle. "Do you prefer red or white wine. Marge will bring a bottle of your favorite, if you have one?"
 
740full-danielle-knudson.jpg
She had to correct him and it wasn’t to put him down either. She liked to be address properly and so she felt there was nothing wrong in it. Though, she understood when he explained why he had mixed up her name with another person and she smiled softly, “Oh? Well, it’s not a problem. I am glad we cleared that up.”

She was perfectly okay with meeting up with him one more time and address his questions or concerns. For her, it was another opportunity to sell the deal and positively influence their decision. She nodded at him, “I look forward to it.” She said and was long gone soon after.

Later that evening, she made sure to look her part and since it was more of a laid back, business casual dinner, she decided to wear a sleeveless black dress that displayed her collar bone and bare shoulders. The dress hugged her curves from top to mid thighs. She wore matching earrings and heels that one would notice if looked closely.

She hadn’t expected him to be waiting for her when she’d step out of the elevators, but seeing him, she smiled softly. She noticed how he looked sharp and yet casual, something that she also shoot for while coming to this dinner. “No…thank you for coming here.” She said and realized that he got her name right this time. She turned on her heels when he looked in the direction of the restaurant and ushered her with his hand supporting the small of her back.

She didn’t freak out or anything bye his touch, as it was much of a common practice to be polite to a woman of her status and she was more or less used to it. She could hear her heels click away as she walked with him, barely noticing the attention she was getting from everyone around her.

Keeping her posture straight, she smiled softly at the guy who ushered them to a table inside. Once she’d settled in, she looked up at Dane and nodded, “Yeah. Danielle will be fine. Think we can move to first names seeing you are strongly considering investing in our company.” She said and looked up at the waitress, back to Dane, “Red would be fine.” She said and swiftly tucked her golden flocks behind her ear, “I hope this is not a trouble for you. I do plan to visit your company tomorrow, whether or not if your company will be investing or not.” She said and took a sip of water from her glass, “So, are there any specific questions I answer for you?” She said as she sat there comfortably, looking pretty as usual.
 
Dane watched Danielle carefully, noticing the curves of her body being exhibited in the outfit she wore. Whether she intended to show off her assets or not, she was getting a lot of attention from the patrons. She was a looker that’s for sure and it was not only him who looked. On the way to the table, men’s and women’s eyes watched as they made their way through the restaurant. Now that they were seated, he saw an occasional glance from other men. He gave them somewhat of a smug smile, silently telling them, “too bad for your luck. I’m the one having dinner with her.”

The way she carried herself, he could tell that she had an inner confidence. How it had been sown, he didn’t know but it was very obvious that she was quite comfortable with men and women looking at her. They were getting the small things out of the way when she told him it was alright to call her Danielle and then she looked to the waitress and said she preferred red wine. The waitress looked at Dane as if to confirm the choice. He looked at Danielle and then back at the waitress. Dane didn’t look at the wine list on the table but rather quickly said, “We’ll have a bottle of the California 2002 Quintessa please.” The waitress smiled knowingly and said, “Very good choice sir.” There was no mention to Danielle that the bottle cost about $120 a bottle but that was not a problem. Hell if he made the kind of returns he thought he was going to make from her company, this was a drop in the bucket.

With the wine ordered he turned his attention to Danielle as she spoke about visiting his company tomorrow whether he was planning to invest in her project or not. It seemed to him she was pushing hard for an answer to his investment. She had to know that one doesn’t just say yes to a six figure investment without proper due diligence. He also thought it sort of odd that she would want to visit his company if he wasn’t going to invest in her company. But he put all those thoughts aside as he watched her take a sip of water. He was captivated by her looks and he knew he had to be careful not to let her looks get in the way of making the right financial decision. He had seen too many times when men and women let other things interfere with their decision making.

“Well Danielle I do have some questions that I would like to know as I start to evaluate your project. Tell me a little about your company. Not the stuff that you put in the marketing material. When I invest in a company I want to know about the people I’m investing it.” He saw her studying him as he continued. “Are you somehow related to the CEO, Jason Cantwell. I see you both have the same last names.”

He saw her smile widen and then he said before she could respond, “I would like to know more about your project and how and when you plan to take it public. As you probably know there are a lot risks involved in taking a project public and I would like minimize my risks and maximize your profits which you know will mean more profits for my company.”

Dane stopped for a moment as the waitress appeared with the bottle of wine. “Sir if you would kindly test it,” she said pouring a small amount into the glass. Dane picked up the glass and swished the wine inside, seeing the legs appear on the sides. Then he smelled and finally tasted the sweetness of the wine, taking his time swishing it in his mouth. When he was done he looked at the waitress. “Marge it is excellent. Thank you.”

The waitress filled Danielle’s glass and then added some to Dane’s glass. After putting the bottle in the ice with a towel over it, he picked up his glass and offered a toast to Danielle. “Here’s to the start of a great relationship,” he said clinking his glass against hers. As he sipped the wine he again looked at her thinking, God she is one hellva a good looking woman.’ When he put his glass down he said, “So Danielle tell me about yourself and your company and how I’m going to get a great return on my investment.”
 
Danielle knew very well aware of the stares she gets when she's out there, dolled up in whatever she has on. At times, it doesn't even matter if she's wearing a fancy gown at some gala or some business casual dress at work or even something so casual as jeans and a top. She had felt as if the stares came at her regardless. Over the years, she'd learned to pretty much ignore them and go about her business and that's exactly what she was doing tonight. She wasn't intending on showing off her assets but simply wear and look her best which she enjoys. She wasn't doing it for just anyone, but her. Little she knew, Dane took great pleasure in showing off he had her...something that her husband should.

She always had the confidence, even when attending some function with her husband before she joined in the business. She passed a gentle nod, hearing him order a bottle of wine, dismissing the waitress. The wine he'd picked was an expensive one, $1200 a bottle and she knew the man in front of him had money and that's why she was here, for the meeting, miles away from home. She crossed her legs and adjusted herself in her seat, leaning forward to indulge in some conversation when he turned his attention towards her. She wasn't pushing for an answer. Usually, she'd have an answer at the end of her presentation, but she was allowing some time for him and his company to decide since it was a big decision.

She flicked her hair over her shoulders, smiling before she answered him, "We are pretty much and open book. There's nothing to hide from you and I will try my best to answer your questions. Things that were not covered in my presentation was we have two other investors already investing small percentage in this project but the whole reason of me coming to you was....well, we both know, it's because we need someone big to back us up." She smiled and nodded, "Yes. Jason Cantwell is my husband." She said and showed him the ring on her finger, "We do keep it strictly professional. We work together to give the best and do justice to our investors. As one of the investors, we will always keep you updated of the progress we are making. So you have nothing to worry about and should you have any concerns, you can always approach us with them anytime."

When the waitress returned with a bottle of wine, she paused to re-hydrate herself, sipping on her water while he tasted the wine before he permitted the waitress to pour two glasses. She took the glass of wine and held it towards him when he toasted. She took a sip before looking at him, “You said ‘Start of a great relationship’. Shall I assume that you will be signing the contract?” She teased him and added, “Oh and the return, you will see something by the end of third month. That’s when we expect returns from your investment, which we will forward over to you.” She said and leaned back in her chair, liking how this dinner was going so far.
 
Dane stifled a laugh when she asked him if their toast was for the start of great relationship meant he was ready to sign the contract. “As you know perfectly well Danielle we need to make sure we are aware of all the possible pitfalls and legalities. That is why I pay my attorney so much money. She is reviewing the contracts as we speak but I can’t guarantee she will have her review complete by tomorrow.”

He smiled at Danielle as she told him they had two other investors who were putting up a small percentage of the total project. The chuckle that followed was not meant out of disrespect but he knew they needed his money to make the project happen. They could go somewhere else if Baker International didn’t pony up to the table, but Cantwell Enterprises would have to search for other investors and time was of the essence. They needed some capital investment right away to keep the project going and he knew his company’s reputation was above reproach. They invested wisely and made money for them and their clients.

He already knew she was married to Jason Cantwell but it was nice to let her tell him. He had personally done some background checks on key individuals and both of their names came up. Hell he wouldn’t be doing his due diligence if he didn’t know about the corporate structure and the background on the key executives. They were the linchpin of the organization and were the ones that set the direction of the company. So it was good to know as much as you could while negotiating. He looked at the huge ring, taking her hand in his as if to inspect the rock. He lifted his eyes up to hers when she told him she and her husband keep it strictly professional. He did detect a slight loneliness when she mentioned they kept it strictly professional. ‘Does that mean there is nothing more in the marriage, no intimacy, or anything else except what is at the office?’ he thought as she started to describe the company mantra.

Every company said basically the same thing, we are here for you, we bleed for you, we will give away our first born, we will give you first-rate service, but please …… just give us the money. He released her hand as he digested what she was saying about service. He leaned back in his into the chairs cushions and picked up his glass of wine. There was something about her that captivated him and he wanted to see her again that was for sure.

Sipping his wine, he placed it on the table. “Danielle I surely hope we can make this deal but there is something you should know. I doubt my attorney will have the contract language reviewed by tomorrow and then there is one other thing about me.” He stopped and saw the questioning look on her face. “When I work out an investment deal, I don’t want to negotiate with underlings, if you know what I mean. So many times, corporations send in the big guns like you and then we have to deal with people who probably are good at what they do, but I don’t really care to deal with them. If my company is going to invest up to 1 ½ million dollars, I want to know that my investment is well taken care of. For that reason, I prefer to work with one person only ….. and …. I would prefer that person be you. Would you have a problem working exclusively with me on this deal? It might mean additional trips down here and maybe an extended stay as we work out the particulars.”

While he waited for her to digest his words, the waitress returned and asked for their order. He could see she was not ready to order and so he told the waitress he was going to have his usual, Filet Mignon, cooked medium with a baked potato, vegetable of the day and salad. “And you ma’am?” came the question from the waitress.
 
It was only a joke but could easily turn into a proper discussion and that’s what ended up happening. She joked about him toasting and hearing his answer, she smiled swiftly, “Of course, we wouldn’t have it any other way. We want you to be in the CIRCLE, not on the outside and certainly not in between where you are uncertain of many things. What I mean is, it’s really important for my company that we only seek investor who are serious about investing and are certain that’s what they want to do. You can take as much time as you need.”

She said and sipped on her wine, looking at him through the clear class as she tilt the glass towards her, “If it was any other client or a different project, we would like an answer ASAP. But, this project being different, you can take as much time. Though, do know that we would like to start this as soon as possible. But, no rush. I am sure you know what I am trying to say here.” She chuckled as she had already started to scan the tiny database worked up in her mind, wondering who to call next whether Dane decides not to invest in her firm.

She had displayed a ring on her finger which she held in air for him to see until he took her hand in his, feeling the rough callouses against her soft palm. She wasn’t sure what he was able to make out from what she had just told him, though, what she claimed didn’t really hold much ground. What she simply meant was what she believed and that was, they kept it professional when at work. Of course, being one of the main guys at the firm, work haunts them into their personal life and there’s no denial in that. She’s happy regardless because it keeps her busy and it all matters… the whole reason why she joined the firm after being bored to death at home.

She leaned forward when he sat back, telling her how it may take time and she only listened to him attentively. When he was done, she simply smiled, “And, I assure that I will personally be handling your investment. And like I said, should you have any questions or concerns, you contact me directly.” She said and saw his phone on the corner of the table. She quickly grabbed it, “May I?” She asked but didn’t wait for his answer, punching in her number and saving herself as his contact, “This is my direct cell. This way, you don’t have to go through my secretary or anyone else. You will reach me directly. Now, I must tell you that I am not some big gun, I am also an underling. But, I am up there.” She said and chuckled, “So, if you want me to be that person…” she took a short pause, “…that is what you will get. Travel had become my second hobby, work is first, of course.” She smiled and sipped on her glass of wine before continuing, “So I am definitely expecting to return whenever needs to be.”

She said as she was well aware of that and it wasn’t just because he mentioned it. When the waitress returned, she simply ordered some salad and seasoned chicken that they had as Chef’s special. She simply nodded before the waitress left them alone once again, turning her attention to him, “But, let’s be honest. Genuinely speaking, how strongly are you considering investing in my firm? I ask this so I can prioritize the client list and it’s obvious, this is business. No need to hide behind excuses. Not that I am accusing you of anything, I just like a simple transparent communication between clients.” She said and finished the rest of the wine in her glass.
 
Dane smiled when Danielle said he would be part of the circle and not on the outside or in between of the decisions that were made. They both knew that was not going to happen. While he might have some say in things, he is not a technical person and so he will have to rely on those individuals to deliver the end product. His role it to provide seed money and hope there product sells well and he gets a good return on his investment.

And to take all the time he needed to make a decision was also not going to fly with her company. He knew they were on a tight timeline and the two of them were now playing cat and mouse games. He knew the longer it took to make a decision, could have good or bad consequences for his company. The more desperate the Cantwell Company was to get the influx of money, the better deal he could negotiate. But the downside was if he took too much time and they lost confidence in his interest to invest, they might start looking for other investors. Dane had that feeling when she told him to take all the time he needed and then sat back, sipping her wine. He knew she wanted an answer as soon as possible but he was not about to jump into anything with doing his due diligence.

Dane couldn’t help but chuckle when she grabbed his phone and ask his permission. She was already entering her private phone number as he said, “Sure.” He listened as she told him it was her direct line and also she was not the top dog but she was up there. ‘You sleep with the CEO. You can’t get much higher,” he thought to himself while she continued to talk. “Yes I want you to be my main point of contact Danielle,” he said as he took his phone from her and looked at her number. “When I feel comfortable with someone, I like to continue that relationship while we are negotiating. I don’t like third parties getting involved and then having to bring them up to speed on the details.”

When she told him that work and travel were her first two hobbies, they told Dane a lot about her priorities. She didn’t have kids and while her husband was running the company as a CEO, it involved a lot of hours away from home. For whatever reason she joined the company, maybe to be close to her husband or needing something to do. But now that she was traveling a lot and he assumed he did too, they had little time to work on their marriage. Maybe that was what they both wanted ………. A marriage of convenience.

“You know Danielle there is an old saying …… All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.” Pausing for a moment to let her digest the old adage, he added. “From what you are saying, you travel and work all the time but I wouldn’t consider those hobbies. Hobbies are things that you enjoy outside of work. What you’re describing are not hobbies to me and they don’t leave a lot of time for other non-work related pleasures. But I say to each his own. I have my own hobbies that I enjoy outside the business world.” He was not going to preach to her but he knew she needed to have some other outlet that kept a fire stoked inside her and left her rejuvenated for her business interests.

Dane watched her finish her wine and politely poured more into her glass and then his as he mulled over her words. “You don’t waste time do you Danielle,” he said after hearing her ask him about his interest to invest in her company. “Just a minute ago you told me I could take all the time I want and I get the feeling you are already lining up other clients if I don’t plan to invest in your company.” He saw her eyes surveying his face when he stopped and took a sip of his wine. He was in no hurry to answer her and he could tell they were definitely playing cat and mouse and she wanted to know if he was in or out. “Just so you know I am very interested in your company and plan to put in a sizable investment so your company can produce and market your product.”

The waitress brought their meals and when she left, Dane looked at Danielle. “I’ve heard your presentation and know you have a contract that I assume has a lot of standard legal terms that you want me to sign. I too like transparent communications.” He saw her phone and smiled picking it up. “You don’t mind do you?” he said as he entered his private information into her phone. “Now you have my information in case you need to call me at any time,” he said with an emphasis on any time.

As they started to eat dinner, he said, “Tell me Danielle do you have any other hobbies other than traveling and work? Do you and your husband go on vacations together or are you both so busy that you only work together?” Dane knew he was treading on thin ice asking personal questions but then again if he was investing $1.5 million he wanted to know who he was giving his money too. He had seen a lot of investments go sour because of companies not making good on their deals.
 
Danielle wasn't lieing when she told him that he would be in the circle. He seemed like a strong and confident investor and her company treated them differently. He wouldn't be notified of the tiniest details but only major ones. No investors wants to be bothered with details that doesn't relate to them. So that is what she meant when she said he will be in the circle rather than outside.

The only reason why she was pushing because her explanation and presentation have nothing but crystal clear. So, when it came to investing or not, the decision should have been made. She was holding back, keeping her clam just because this was a big project and that he insisted talking about it over the dinner. Though, proper time would definitely be given to them to come to a proper decision but anything more than the next day, she'd know they aren't serious. She was confident that she hadn't left out any information pertaining the project and that's why she was confident. She wasn't the one to hide behind bushes.

She smiled as she punched in her details and looked at him as she passed his phone back to him. She simply nodded and smiled, encouraging his demands and that she would be the point of contact, just as he's asking. "And that is perfectly okay with me. Like I said, you have my number. You can contact me anytime. We both know that the legal paperwork and other thing will take time, during which we will have to see each other. I will allocate needed time for your investment into the project." She liked dealing with strong confident people and the fact that he came off as one, she was satisfied.

She had no idea he was making this whole biography about her from the way she lived her life right now; on the move and at work. It's easy for anyone to assume that she didn't get to spend much time with her husband. She sipped on her glass of wine and leaned forward, "What is it?" She asked when he spoke of some old saying, sounding interest. She chuckled hearing it, nodding, "Perhaps you are right. I am planning a vacation. Matter of fact, I have been but it keeps getting pushed back as I'm bombarded with new projects. Though, I am not mad at all because I am doing what I love afterall." She said and added, "And I respect your opinion...suggestion. It seems I have exhausted all my hobbies when I was home after marriage, up until last year. That's what got me bored, so you see, I do need a new hobby." She took a pause and listened to him go on, sounding interested, "Oh? Is that so? Perhaps you can tell me about your hobbies. Maybe I can pick one as I've exhausted all of mine and I can't really think of anything else. Other than work."

She looked at her empty glass and then pushed it towards him, her manicured fingernails and slender finger holding the glass from bottom as he poured more into her glass. She looked up at him, smiling, "Thank you. Excuse me?" She asked him as she chuckled offensively, "Tell me one thing." She said and leaned forward, sipping on her wine first, "What would you be doing if you were in my shoes?" She said, knowing the answer would be exactly what she was doing, "You know very well my presentation was well enough and you are convinced. So what I am wondering is what more information did you need to from me about the project? Or was it just that you wanted to treat me to a dinner?" She joked with him, "And still, I am giving enough time. Until tomorrow. I think that's plenty and I am glad you asked for dinner because it's too early to go to bed and I would have been bored in the room...geez, I do need a hobby, you're right." She said and let the waitress place their plates and serve food, keeping quite while they did just that.

"No...not at all." She said as he picked up her phone and entered his details. "So tell me Dane, what is it you like to do? I mean hobbies, not about the project." She said and meekly added, "Also the project but I know it's a yes and you will be signing the contract tomorrow." She chuckled and started to eat from her plate, after few bites, she looked up at him, "Hmmm this is really great food. I am going to have to come back here if I were to visit again." She said, making a comment. She looked up at him from time to time, shaking her head no in response to his question. "Actually, we plan but it never works out. Either one of us ends up getting last minute work. And you know very well, you can't say no to work. Not when we are handling everyone's investments. She leaned back, taking a break from food, "That means we only work together. Why do you ask?" She asked him, she finally letting loose a little, having a good time.
 
Dane was enjoying the back and forth banter with Danielle. He could tell she was starting to loosen up a little and not talk about only business. He thought it was interesting how she used the word “I” when talking about a vacation she was planning after he told her about the old adage of all work and no play. ‘Was she the one who planned her and her husband’s vacation?’ he wondered as she told him the reason she went to work was because she was bored at home. He knew that sooner or later she would want to know about his hobbies.

While he refilled her wine glass, he smiled at her as she smiled and asked him what he would do in her shoes. He could see her smug look as if she already knew his answer. Before he could answer she started to talk business again telling him her presentation had all the information he needed to make a decision. When she said he had until tomorrow, he chuckled knowing that was not going to happen unless his attorney told him it was alright to sign. He smiled as she continued to talk and tell him she was glad he asked her out to dinner otherwise she would be bored in her room. ‘I could take care of that,’ he thought as he picked up a piece of filet and put it into his mouth while she agreed that she needed a hobby.

He knew the question of his hobbies would come up and he was ready for it but before he could answer her she was back to business. She was telling him she knew he would say yes and sign the contract tomorrow. She was taking a lot for granted but he knew she was right about saying yes but signing the contract was another matter.

As she took a few bites of her food, Dane began to tell her of his hobbies. “Well I have a lot of interests outside work,” he said sipping a bit of his wine. “For starters I do amateur photography. My interests range from landscape to portraits.” He stopped talking and put his wine glass on the table. Holding up his two hands, thumbs together to make a window, he looked at her as if he was looking through the lens of a camera. “Hmmmm Danielle you are a very pretty woman. I would love to have you sit for me sometime. You have a very photogenic face.” He thought he saw her blush a little at his comment as he continued.

“I play golf horribly, work out at gym, take hikes, and enjoy the company of some friends.” He looked at her as she continued to eat thinking it was not the time nor place to talk about some of his female friends he saw on a regular basis. He smiled when he thought about some of the bored housewives he visited on occasion. Turning his attention back to her, he added, “As you can see Danielle, I can do my hobbies no matter where I travel and it gets my mind off the day to day job and I feel rejuvenated when I get back to the office.”

When she told him her and her husband were too busy to take vacations together because they were too busy and that they only worked together, he got the impression the intimacy was gone from their marriage. And she wanted to know why he asked. “I was just curious,” he replied knowing that he was getting into a territory that may be sensitive to her. “I just find when two married people work together, especially working long hours together, and are sometimes separated for periods of time, the intimacy of their relationship seems to vanish. Some couples like the relationship but some may want more than just a quick good-night kiss.”

The reference to the good-night kiss slipped out but it was too late. The meaning was quite clear and Dane looked at her while she took in what he just said, not sure how she would take a total stranger saying these things. Some people didn’t like others interfering with issues they had no right to put their foot in. He tried to lighten up the conversation. “Danielle I think you have a wonderful project and you know I’m going to say yes. Tomorrow, if my attorney does not have time to totally review your contract, I will have her draw up a memorandum of understanding. That way you can go back to the corporate people and tell them we are in. Later we can go over the fine points of the contract and sign it.” He stopped for a moment and then added, “if you are up to it. I’m meeting a few friends for drinks at a nightclub downtown and you are welcome to join us.
 
Danielle didn't pay any mind to what she was saying. She was just saying what came to her mind and she'd gone through things alone and by herself, despite being married. She was the one taking care of house chores until now and even now, after she'd joined the company. It's just that her chores had doubled after she joined but she was doing a very great job at it. At least, it kept her busy, a little too busy. She had used the word 'I' because it was her who had been doing things, keeping the marriage going and all. And he was right to guess, she had planned the vacation because he only talks and the things doesn't get done.

She was having a good enough time to sit back and relax. Besides, she wasn't home and away so she really had no other tasks at hand other than the one sitting in front of her. She smiled as she thanked him for refilling her glass of wine as she sipped from it. Continuing to eat her dinner and chat casually that meant nothing to her but it was very informative for him. She did have a gut feeling and having been sitting on same table, sharing some details, she grew bold and told him that he was going to sign the contract, if not sooner then later. It will happen. He seemed interested, for sure. In the contract and in her, she couldn't see the latter but she did pass it off as him enjoying her company. Besides, he now knew that she was married so she knew she was safe. Many guys, most guys actually didn't take any further step after seeing the ring on her finger or after she'd mention she's married. She was considered out of their league as if there was some moral code they went by.

"Oh? Do you?" She said and sat forward, taking interest in what he was about say about his hobbies. She smiled, seemingly interested to learn more, "Amateur photography? Hmm...do tell me more." She said and smiled watching him make a frame with his thumbs and she tilt her head, displaying a nice smile, "Oh? I would love to see your skills. Maybe I will let you sketch me." She said and smirked, "Thank you. But I don't agree with you about having a photogenic face. I always seem to have my eyes shut in pictures or doing something silly." She laughed and sounding interested, she let him continue as he told her about his other hobbies. "I think that's great that you have variety of hobbies and can do them anytime you want."

They continued to sit back and enjoy their dinner, carrying a casual conversation that had come back to her and her relationship. SHe shrugged her shoulders as she sipped on her wine, "I am more of a laid back person. So I don't know how to categorize my relationship. We are happy. We are doing the same thing and lot of our thoughts match with each other. Being in the same business, it does have its perks. We do get to bond of work." She said and shrugged her shoulders, "Enough about me...What about you? I mean anyone special in your life?" She asked as she didn't feel comfortable talking to him about her married life. Sure, there were problems and at times, she was lonely but she had grown immune to it. When he changed the topic, it was for the best. She was just about done with her food and now was sipping on her wine alone. "That sounds wonderful. Memorandum will work for now. And..." She pouted her lips as she made a thoughtful face, hearing his suggestion, "I don't know. I mean it is getting late." She said and looked at her phone. "Only an hour?" She said as she didn't want to turn him down and besides, she didn't have work the next day. It was just a travel back home. She finished her wine and sat back, "I also don't want you to leave early because of me so if you want, I can take my car?" She said and looked at him, smiling softly.
 
Dane and Danielle head to the nightclub

Dane smiled when Danielle shrugged her shoulders after telling him about her and her husband's working relationship and how they get to bond at work. 'What about your sex life,' he wondered but he knew better than to broach that subject. Dane also knew she could sugar coat her relationship with her hubby and claim everything was fine but was it really.

When she seemed interested in his photography hobby, he saw her smile change a little as if he may have hit an interesting nerve. “You may not agree that you have a photogenic face but if you would be so kind as to allow me the pleasure.” Dane quickly picked up his phone and aimed it at Danielle. “Now smile for me Danielle,” he said snapping a photo on his phone. He smiled when he saw the results. “Look you don’t have your eyes closed,” he said showing her the image on his phone. “In fact I think I’m going to use this one for your profile,” he chuckled as he inserted her image with her phone number. When he completed he looked at her and smiled.

"What about me? Anyone special in my life?" Dane looked at his plate where there was about one more bite left and then he looked up at Danielle. "No there is no one really special in my life since the divorce. My wife took off with her lover and my two kids to Florida and I get to see them on occasion. I do have a few women that I date when I am in their vicinities or when they come to town. There are certain occasions, like going to art studios, or attending sporting events when I ask friends to go with me. I may find that someone special one day but right now I am happy playing the field." He stopped for a moment and smiled and then chuckled, thinking about some of the married women he had the pleasure of their company.

Dane smiled and waved the waitress to their table. “Marge, we’ll have the check now and would you be a dear and notify the valet service to bring my car to the front door,” he said reaching into his pocket and pulling out the valet stub. Turning back to Danielle, he saw her waiting for an answer about her car. “Listen it may be a bit confusing for you to follow me with traffic downtown in your rental car. So if you don’t mind, ride with me and it is no trouble to bring you back whenever you decide you want to leave.” It seemed to Dane that she was a little nervous going out with a strange man in a strange town. As if to ease her concerns about putting him out, he added. “We’ll have a couple of drinks and you can meet some of my friends and then I’ll be happy to drop you off here at the hotel. It is on my way home anyway.”

Marge showed up with the check, telling him his car would be in front in just a few minutes. He took care of the bill and then looked at Danielle. “Ready to go?” She nodded and they walked out of the restaurant to the stares of patrons just like when they walked in. He smiled at some of them, thinking how the men at the tables wish they were the one escorting you.

The BMW was waiting for them and Dane gave the man a nice tip. “Thank you Mr. Baker,” he responded with a wide grin. As Dane pulled out of the lot and onto the busy street, he glanced over to Danielle seeing that her short dress had ridden up on her thighs. ‘If I was her husband I wouldn’t leave her alone,’ he thought as he gunned the engine, heading to the skyscrapers of downtown.

“I just want you to know that I appreciate you going with me tonight Danielle. Whenever you are ready to leave you let me know and I’ll be happy to bring you back to the hotel.” He was hoping that she would enjoy herself and forget about work for a while. He knew she didn’t have to wake up early so maybe ….. just maybe she would put her work aside and have a good time at the nightclub.
 
Danielle looked at him, trying to read his thoughts as if it was possible. It was right after she had told him about her working relationship with her husband since they were talking so casually. She smiled at him, "Why..what is it that you are thinking about?" She asked him as she sipped on her glass of wine. She did express interest in one of his hobby, not really thinking she was that much of a photogenic person. So when he grabbed his phone to prove she was wrong to think that, she watched him hold his phone up, towards her. She reached out her arm, widen her eyes and leaned forward to stop him in the act, "No pictures please."

She shouted and then ducked her head down to hide her face from people around them, breaking into a light laughter when he actually showed her the picture, "Ahh...look at that. No closed eyes. Eww..and my hair." She said noticing how her hair was sort of flying from the jerk forward. "That is such a bad picture to have of me in your contacts. Hope someone on your CEO panel doesn't catch your screen in case I call you." She blurted out a scenario. "They might just ask who is that crazy woman!" She giggle and drank some more of her wine.

She listened to him with great interest as he spoke about his life, answering her question and she only nodded. "Oh? I am sorry to hear that." She said when he told her about his wife and then told her how he dates a few women from time to time. She chuckled, "I am guessing you are not a relationship sort of a guy...not after your marriage. I can totally understand that." She shrugged her shoulders. She went quite when the waitress came and then continued their conversation when she left. It didn't take long for him to convince her when he told her she might get lost driving around the downtown area. "Lost or not...I don't feel like driving so I would actually like to cruise with you if you don't mind." She smiled and added, "You can stay longer if you want . I wouldn't want you to cut your night short because of me. I can take a cab from there. But let's see what happens."

She was a little excited to go out. It's been a little too long since she'd gone out to have drinks with anyone. When she used to be at home, before she joined the office, she'd have date nights with her girlfriends from time to time. But nothing of recently. Before she knew, Marge came back with his check and to notify him that his car was outside. Hearing that, she prepared herself to leave as she gathered her purse and her phone, finishing rest of the wine that was in her glass before she stood up. "Yes....ready." She said and smiled, walking out of the place with him without noticing people looking at her until she was almost outside. Noticing the valet boy check her out but then again, she was used to it all.

Soon, he pulled out into the city highways and watched him cruise through the streets. She nodded at him, "I will try not to ruin your night. I mean if I am enjoying, I guess I have no reason to leave so early." She said and chuckled at her, letting him know not to make her bore. Soon, they arrived at a fancy place that lit up with neon lights and big bouncers standing outside of the nightclub. When he pulled over in the front, she noticed the tall man who opened the door and then she waited for Dan to come around. When he did, she walked with him into the club, "I am looking forward to this...." she leaned in to say so he can hear her over the music that was getting louder with with footsteps into the club.
 
Danielle meets some of Dane's friends

Dane smiled when Danielle leaned close to him telling him she was looking forward to this. It was clear to him that she didn't go out much with all the work and travel she did. He also understood that it was not easy for a woman to go out to clubs by themselves in strange cities. "I certainly hope you enjoy this place," he told her and then put his hand on her lower back, guiding her to a table where his friends were seated.

She never asked about his friends when they were at dinner, so she must have had some trust in him. As they neared the table, he told her above the music filling the room, "I want to introduce you to a couple of my friends."

The two men got up and smiled at them as the approached the table. "Danielle I want to introduce you to some special friends of mine. This is Caitlyn, https://56.media.tumblr.com/70e81645b573f1d072d4025b9ee6e119/tumblr_o0yfkla4WD1un2il9o1_400.jpg and Joanne https://56.media.tumblr.com/0d8934f15e5e47d195c359f78bb46f34/tumblr_o0wo3sfJsu1un2il9o1_500.jpg and their special men. Bob https://56.media.tumblr.com/eb64c440ed8cca9b91fa896f471e7907/tumblr_o0us3kK3O81umu9qeo1_500.jpg belongs to Caitlyn and John https://56.media.tumblr.com/e45d7c5fcfb79e8c4a192f0b8abb648c/tumblr_o0t6i0UBWh1qajhjjo1_500.jpg belongs to Joanne."

The four of them looked at Danielle and then at Dane. "So where did you find such a beautiful lady," Bob said.

"Everyone this is Danielle. She is in town until tomorrow pitching her company to us for an investment." Dane held the chair for Danielle and took the seat next to her. "Danielle .... Bob is the CEO of a clothing chain and John is a free lance artist. Caitlynn is a CPA for a major manufacturing company her in town and Joanne is a CFO for a huge tech company. I have the distinct pleasure of investing in all their companies and they are all doing very well."

John smiled. "I have a new gallery opening tomorrow night. I hope you got your special invitation Dane."

"Yes I did." Dane looked at Danielle and said, "It's too bad you are leaving tomorrow. Nothing like a new opening at one of John's studios."

The waitress came to the table and the men told her to get another round. "What would you like dear," she said looking at Danielle
 
She was socially active very much few years back but now, it's just been work. It was her getaway from the boredom she faced as a housewife. This was her last resort because her husband didn't want her to work and all of her friend had something part time, if not full time. She knew she had tried all her hobbies and it was just this...her last resort. Matter of fact, she was glad she joined in because she absolutely loves working now and actually can make good use of her degree that was sitting in her closet.

"Well you better see that I do or else I am going back to my room." She smiled as she let him usher her to a table where his friends waited for them. It was a little odd to come out with him like this but she really didn't know anyone else here. When they arrived, she heard him speak over the loud music that was playing, smiling as he began introducing her to his friends.

She felt as if they were all couples and these two were sort of out of place because they were no way a couple. She smiled when he introduced her to Caitlin, Joann, Bob and John. She seemed somewhere around his status and she didn't expect anything less that that. "It is such a pleasure to meet you all." She said and looked at Dane who was filling them in about who she was.

She smiled at Bob, "Oh? That's nice." She said and looked at John for a second before looking at Dane, "So he's a professional artist." Taking a hobby of Dane from earlier when he had told her that he liked such things. "This is wonderful. Close knit group of people."

She smiled looking at them and sort of leaned back to let them carry on their conversation. They were talking about something that was planned for the next evening, something for which she wasn't going to be around. "Yeah, I was just thinking that. I wish I could but you know, work..." She shrugged her shoulders and smiled at him, "Ever exhibited portraits that Dane makes?" She asked making a conversation and remembering something that Dane had said and that he did paint at times.

She smiled at the waitress, "I will have Peach martini please." She said in response to Dane asking her what she wanted to drink. "So you guys do this often?" She said thinking if anything, she'd stay for half an hour or an hour before making a move from here.
 
Dane asks Danielle to dance

Dane looked at Danielle when she told them she wished she could attend the gallery opening but she shrugged her shoulders adding that she had work to do. "Well Danielle you know plans can change and if yours do change you have an open invitation to attend," Dane said.

John smiled at Danielle when she asked about Dane's work. "To be honest I do have some of his pictures on display. He is quite the accomplished photographer. In fact I am displaying one of his portraits of Joanne."

"He sure is," piped in the blonde Joanne who was wearing a stunning purple dress and knee high boots. I had him take some portraits of me and he was a perfect gentleman," she added with a giggle. Dane remembered she wanted some risqué photos for John and while he was tempted to bed her, he remained professional while he photographed her nude body.

John laughed and snickered, "Yea we have some of those hanging in our apartment."

"Hey enough about me," Dane interjected as the waitress took their orders. After Danielle ordered a Peach martini, he ordered a bourbon on the rocks. "Yea we get together when we can. We all have some pretty hectic schedules but when we have the chance we come here to relax and dance."

He saw her look at him and then Caitlyn, the dark haired brunette, laughed and said "Come on everyone time is wasting. We can get our drinks when the music ends." Before Dane could answer, Joanne and Caitlyn got up and grabbed Bob and John. They threw up their hands and got up in mock resignation.

Dane looked at Danielle and smiled. "It would be unhospitable not to get up and dance. You do dance don't you?" he said standing up and looking at the sexy woman. As she looked up at him with some reservation, he thought about how lucky he was to have her join him for the evening. He hoped she would not be a spoil sport and say no. Extending his hand, he said, "What do you say Danielle?"
 
She sat quietly, listening to them go on about about Dane's hidden talent. It wasn't hard to believe that man of his status had other talents, but that he has or finds enough time to indulge in such activities. If she were to sit down and think over, she had other talents as well but she didn't find time for them these days. She chuckled and shrugged her shoulders, "I will surely let you know if my plans changes."

She smiled and listened to John with great interest when he spoke about a portrait Dane had done for his wife, Joanne. The blonde perked up a little at the mention of such favor as she affirmed what her husband had just said. She was impressed and she displayed such expression on her face as her eyes widen and her lips curled into a soft smile.

"Well, I think that's wonderful. One definitely needs a break here and there. It's like a reset button." She said thinking she's got to find her reset button. She took her drink in her glass and started sipping from it.

The crowd was good. She was glad that they were more or less around the same age, a bit younger but she wasn't the only one. She was pretty sure that Joanne was around her age unless she had really good skin that made her seem younger.

She shook her head no when Caitlyn got up, stating that they all should dance. Though, they all were with their significant other aside from Dane and her. She scrunched her nose a little, "Do I really have to?" She said making a thoughtful face before smiling at them and then him, "Only if you promise to not make a decision on our deal based on my bad dancing skills!" She gave him a meaningful stare before before placing her drink down onto the table and stood on her heels. "I'd like that...I guess, let's dance." She said and straightened her dress before walking with the crowd, mainly keeping near to Dane.
 
Dane and Danielle on the dance floor

"I promise you Danielle my mind is already made up about you and your company no matter how bad you dance. Besides you haven't seen me dance," he chuckled as they walked to the dance floor. When they arrived, joining the mob of people gyrating with each other, he was glad Danielle didn't say no. He knew it had to be tough on her to be with a group of strange people. He was sure if she was with her friends and her husband she would not hesitate to let her hair down a little.

The dance floor was crowded and it was not hard to locate Caitlynn who was twisting and gyrating around Bob while not far away Joanne and John danced. "She's the wild one," Dane said leaning close to Danielle and glancing over to Caitlynn. "You'd never believe she is a CPA who travels a lot for her company," he added.

With the large number of people on the dance floor, they were forced to dance close to each other. Dane smiled at her as she seemed to be letting her hair down a little and enjoying herself. He was trying not to bump into her but the crowd seemed to make everyone get cozier. She was moving like a pro and he leaned over to her and shouted above the music, "You're a great dancer."

He liked the way she moved and her dress showed off her fantastic figure. Glancing over he saw Caitlynn grinning at him and blow him a kiss. Dane laughed and saw Danielle look in Caitlynn's direction to see her laughing and dirty dancing with Bob. Dane wondered how Danielle would act if she were with her friends. Would she be the reserved businesswoman or would she by like Caitlynn?

The two songs came to an end and the dance floor was emptying as the music turned softer and mellow. He saw Danielle looked to the tables and knew she wanted to sit down. Just as she turned to leave, Caitlynn came up to her and grabbed her arm. "Not so fast sister," she said with a wide grin. "You can't sit down until you have one slow dance with poor Dane," she added pushing her almost into his arms.

Dane grabbed her before she crashed into him as Caitlynn stood close by with Bob. Joanne and John were already in a tight embrace, apparently oblivious to the world. "We don't want to offend our cheerleader now do we," Dane said taking her into his arms. "Just one slow dance. I promise," he said whispering in her ear as he felt her breasts press lightly into his chest.
 
She knew his mind was already made up about her company and the investment but she was also only joking with him. She hadn't done this in a while. Not since she joined the company and these days, if she meets with her friends, it over dinner and then back home for the big day next day over. Having to attend many company parties, she keeps herself sophisticated for the most part. Meeting important people was the norm during such gatherings so this was definitely new to her.

"It can't be that bad!" she shrugged her shoulders at him when he spoke of his dancing skills. She could feel his hot breath over the side of her face when he leaned in to whisper softly and then her gaze darted towards Caitlin who was being one of those silly girl. Daniel couldn't help but smile seeing her and then chuckled at Dane, "I can tell. There's always one in the group that lights up everyone's mood. She's nice." Daniel leaned in a little, placing her hand on his shoulders to whisper back in his ears over the loud music.

She tried to keep up the pace of her dancing to the beat of the music as well as her partners. Of course, she wasn't going to be the wild girl like she used to be back in the days. Those days are long gone. It didn't take two songs to be over so soon and soon, she was looking over her shoulders towards the table, guessing it was time to head back. They kept up a light conversation the whole time as they moved to the beat, not getting too close but at times, they were pushed into one another since the crowed continued to keep them so up close.

Just as the song ended, she turned on her heels to head back and that's when she heard a slow song come on. It wouldn't have mattered to her as she was already planning to head back. That's when she felt soft pair of hands pull her back and turned her around. Daniel found herself leaning into Dane as Caitlynn was the one who yanked her back. She couldn't help but smile after the shock wore off.

She just didn't want to trip and make a fool of herself so she clung onto Dane before smiling at the energetic woman. "I guess not. It's not like we have any choice here." She smiled softly as her hand came to rest on his shoulders as they danced to the slow beat of music. She could relax to such music...maybe even let her hair down but not in the club when she was amidst all these people. Besides, it was Dane and after having dinner with him, they seemed to agree on many things. "This is fun. Thank you for bringing me out." She said with a shift to her head and smile on her face. She flicked her blonde hair back with one push before she clamped her fingers together behind his neck, "I hope you don't have to drag me out of this club because my heels are starting to hurt." She frowned and added, "Oh and I better get a wake up call tomorrow. You can't blame me if I come late to the office."
 
Caitlynn livens up the party

Caitlynn laughed when Danielle made the comment about not having a choice. "No you don't Danielle. You don't want to leave poor Dane out here on the dance floor by himself. Some good looking woman would snatch him away from you for the rest of the night." And then Caitlynn was gone, dancing with Bob.

Dane was thoroughly enjoying the slow dance with Danielle. "I'm glad you are enjoying yourself Danielle. You have to admit this is a whole lot more fun than being cooped up in your hotel room." His hands were on her slim waist while she hooked her hands around her neck. To the eyes of many of the patrons, they were two love birds dancing to the slow methodic strains of the music. One thing that stuck Dane; she had not mentioned work in the last five minutes.

"Well don't worry Danielle, if you can't walk out, I can always carry you out," he laughed. "And as for getting a wake up call, you can come in any time that is convenient. I'm sure my attorney won't have her review until later in the day. So I would say just relax and enjoy yourself tonight. Tomorrow will take care of itself soon enough." Dane saw her look around the dance floor and then he let out a soft laugh.

"I can take care of your sore heels," he said letting her go and dropping to his knee. "Lift your leg up Danielle," he said grabbing her calf and pulling off one shoe. When he lifted her other leg, his hand slipped and ran up to the back of her knee. There was a sudden rush go through him as he had an erotic thought of what she might look like naked. "I'm sorry," he said standing with a high heel in each hand. "Now we can finish the dance," he joked as he took her back into his arms.

The band for some reason decided not to end the slow dance but went into another song and Dane kept dancing, enjoying the closeness of Danielle. When the second song was over, he smiled. "Thanks for the dance Danielle. Let's get something to drink."

They sat down and had no more than sipped their drinks when a waitress appeared with a tray of specialty drinks. "What are these?" John asked.

"They're Alabama Slammers," http://www.rantlifestyle.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/alabama-slammer.jpg Caitlynn yelped picking up one of the glasses. "They're made with Southern Comfort, Amaretto and Cranberry Juice. We're here to celebrate the opening of John's newest gallery and what better way to celebrate than with John's favorite shot."

"The opening isn't until tomorrow," John responded.

"There is no law that says we have to wait. Everyone grab a glass and let's toast John and his new gallery." Dane looked at Danielle and wondered what she thought of his friends and he was hoping she would not refuse the drink.
 
Danielle had no idea what Caitlynn was thinking or if expecting her to be Dane’s companion but it would be easy for a smart girl like her to assume that Danielle was married once spotting a ring on her finger. She was good looking and had to be taken because beauty with brain is a rare quality to come by. Danielle would care less if another woman would snatch him away because she obviously was married and if he were to be with another woman, he had an actual chance of actually getting to know more of her.

Danielle didn’t have much to offer due to her limitations. She smiled and added, “I am just glad that you convinced me to come out with you.” She had gotten much more comfortable with him, that’s for sure. The way they were dancing to a slow beat of music, it was relaxing.

Her eyes widen when she actually thought he was flirting with her. Maybe it was time to stop and step away. She chuckled, “Oh that wouldn’t be necessary.” She said and chuckled, “I would still like to make it to my flight time so I wouldn’t want to sleep in either. If your attorney can’t draft it up, we can go on with verbal agreement and a soft copy of the contract.” She said solving the problem.

She had only made a casual comment on her heels but when he dropped to his knees, she almost took a step back, “Oh…um you don’t have to…” she said but found him helping her out of her heels. His warm hands felt good on her calves as he helped her out of it and then stood up. “Thank you. You didn’t have to do that.” She said and let him take her back into his arms.

When the band went onto play another song, she didn’t ask him to stop. Instead, they continued to dance until the end of it before he finally suggested they should get something to drink.

They joined the others and it seemed they wanted to celebrate the opening of the gallery, supposedly next day. “I’ll drink to that. Especially since I won’t be there.” She chuckled and took the glass, telling herself that would be the last one for the night. “Cheers and congratulations…” she added as everyone lifted their glasses and started drinking. She sort of stayed in the background while they all shouted and chatted. She didn’t want to tell Dane to cut the party short because of her but it was time she take their leave. So she leaned into him to whisper, “I think I am going to head back. I will catch a cab. You carry on with everyone here.” She said and looked at him.
 
Dane and Danielle leave the nightclub

When the toast was made by Caitlynn, Dane heard Danielle say, “I’ll drink to that. Especially since I won’t be there.” Joanne, who was seated next to Dane, leaned over to John and whispered in a rather loud voice, "That's the second time she told us she is not going to be here tomorrow night. She needs to lighten up a little bit. I get the feeling she wants to get out of this town as soon as possible."

Dane saw John look at her and then at Dane and Danielle. "I'm sure she has more important things to do. Besides it's only a new gallery opening. It's not like it's the Super Bowl." he replied. Dane saw Danielle look at the woman and he was sure Danielle heard her as she leaned over to him, telling him she was heading back to the hotel and she would catch a cab.

"No Danielle I told you I would take you back and I am a man of my word," he smiled into her eyes. He thought they looked alluring and he found himself thinking of what it must be like to be her husband and able to look at her all the time and kiss her whenever he wanted.

Before she could speak up and argue with Dane he looked at the group and stood up. "I'm sorry to bust this up but Danielle and I are leaving. I have an early meeting," he lied looking down at Danielle. Continuing he said, "Besides I need to rest up for your big opening tomorrow night John."

"Oh don't go," shouted Caitlynn. "It's still early."

"I know Caitlynn and you can think of us when you drink," he laughed. Looking at Danielle he smiled. "Once you get your heels back on those lovely feet we can leave." And as for all of you, enjoy yourselves tonight and I'll see you tomorrow night."

Bob and John got up and told Danielle they were delighted to meet her and wished her luck with her venture. Bob chuckled, "Don't let Dane take advantage of you. He is a ruthless businessman."

The group laughed with Caitlynn and Joanne also wishing her well. Caitlynn gave them a big smile and added. "If anything changes tomorrow Danielle you are always welcome to come to the opening."

"I don't think that is going to happen," Dane said. "Danielle has a flight tomorrow and I'm sure she has a lot of important things she has to get back to in the big city."

Walking through the crowd, Dane put his hand on the small of her back, guiding her to the front door. As they waited for his car to be brought by the valet, Dane turned to Danielle. "Thanks for the wonderful evening. I appreciate you taking the time to come out and meet some of my friends. I really enjoyed our conversation at dinner and dancing."

The valet was driving up as he added, "You are a very lovely woman Danielle and your husband is a lucky man to have someone who is beautiful and has brains." As the car rolled to a stop, he leaned over and kissed her on the cheek. "Thanks again and someday you will have to let me photograph you."

As Dane got behind the wheel he felt a bit sadness. He was just getting to know her and he was intrigued with Danielle. Holding her in his arms a short time ago gave him an urge to kiss her. He looked at her as she buckled her seat belt. She was a smart businesswoman and he knew they would probably not see each other after they signed the contract or memorandum tomorrow. 'Yes your husband is a lucky man to have you,' he thought pulling out into traffic.

There was little conversation on the way back to the hotel. When they arrived, he told her he would have the contract of the Memorandum of Agreement ready for her to sign tomorrow when she came to pick it up. She nodded and got of the car thanking Dane for a wonderful evening and she was looking forward to doing business with him.

Dane drove home with thoughts of Danielle on his mind. He found her attractive and wondered what she would be like in bed. But he reasoned that her stand offish behavior was because she was married and while her sex life was not the best, she loved her husband.

The next day when Danielle arrived at the office Dane told her the contract had a few flaws and his attorney was going to work on them when she had the chance. He explained his attorney had a big court case but she prepared a Memorandum of Agreement for their signatures. They signed the agreement and then he gave her hug before she left telling her that he would be in touch with her so she could return to sign the actual agreement. As she drove off in her rental car, he knew he would see her again and had the feeling it would be different the next time.
 
Last edited:
Jack Adams meets Danielle in the airport

Jack Adams Age 35 .... marketing consultant http://41.media.tumblr.com/569be25254bc3a67bf858576da097b71/tumblr_numbgvJFHB1slpewjo1_250.jpg

"God damn it," Jack whispered under his breath, sipping a vodka tonic as the bartender turned on the weather channel. His flight from Chicago to Los Angeles was already delayed 2 hours. The man on the weather channel was predicting heavy snow, high winds, and drifting in the Chicago area. "Fucking just what I need," he moaned thinking of the meeting he had the following day with one of his companies major clients.

Picking up his cell phone, he called the client in LA explaining to him that he couldn't control the weather and it looked like he may be stranded in Chicago until tomorrow. His client understood and Jack was resigned to having a few more drinks, hoping his flight would take off before the storm hit. "Give me another vodka and tonic. Would you keep an eye on my carryon luggage? I'm going to check on the status of my flight and I'll be right back" he announced to the bartender.

The bartender smiled knowingly and nodded. He had seen all kinds of people coming through the airport and it was not unusual to hear some man or woman cussing because of a flight delay.

Jack walked down the concourse until he came to the large information board. He looked at the Delta flight to LAX and found out it was now delayed 4 hours. Cursing under his breath, he walked to the ticket counter, seeing a harried flight attendant answering questions from other customers. "I don't have that information sir. I only know that the plane leaving Dallas was delayed due to mechanical reasons and the plane is not due to for another 3 hours. It will take time to refuel and then we can board."

"What about the weather," one older gentleman asked.

"Sir all I know is when the plane arrives we will do everything we can to get you to LA as soon as possible."

"Well fuck," Jack murmured under his breath, turning to walk back to the bar. When he arrived at the bar, he saw a striking woman sitting on the bar stool next to his. The bartender smiled at Jack as he strolled to the bar. "Looks like another delay," he said to the man behind the bar.

Picking up the vodka tonic, he looked at the woman sitting on the stool. Jack looked at the woman and he saw the big ring on her wedding finger but he didn't care. She looked pretty sophisticated and dressed to draw attention to her sultry body. He had a lot of women who played around when they were out on their own and it looked like this sweet dish was on her own. No harm striking up a conversation with a beautiful woman.

"Hey. My name is Jack Adams and it looks like I'm going to be spending a lot of time here. My flight to LAX has just been delayed another 4 hours. How about you? Plane delayed or are you one of the lucky ones who is just having a drink until your flight leaves?"
 
Back
Top