Free Association Thread 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Things from our youth that kept us so occupied but the kids of today would probably laugh at us over:

Mexican Jumping Beans, Silly Putty, and Slinkies.

Piglet played with all of those and loved them, LOL. Although we only had one of those cheap slinkies (free toy from a comic), which wouldn't go properly down the stairs and got all tangled up in itself very quickly. Poor deprived Piglet :rolleyes:

From a bathroom in Pompeii, c. 79 CE

LUCIUS PINXIT

Ah, well, if we're going to talk graffiti.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Banksy.jpg
    Banksy.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 0
Piglet played with all of those and loved them, LOL. Although we only had one of those cheap slinkies (free toy from a comic), which wouldn't go properly down the stairs and got all tangled up in itself very quickly. Poor deprived Piglet :rolleyes:

Ah, well, if we're going to talk graffiti.

attachment.php

American Graffiti

l'affaire Dreyfus

J'accuse ....!

Tio, I caught the Canada v Romania (rugby) match last night. Canada played quite well. They have selected a former Scot as scrum-half and their fly-half has a Japanese name, what taste and distinction :) )

Quite possibly, the most infamous American of all time when it comes to the "I accuse" phrase was Senator Joseph McCarthy. According to him, half the people in the country were communist spies or sympathizers, and the other half were gay.

If he was still around, he'd most likely have his own show on Faux Noise. ;)

What happened if you were in both 'camp's ;) :D

J'accuse ....!

Tio, I caught the Canada v Romania (rugby) match last night. Canada played quite well. They have selected a former Scot as scrum-half and their fly-half has a Japanese name, what taste and distinction :) )

Nice to hear. Years back, a colleague coached the local men's rugby team to a perfect season: 17 games without a win or a tie. In an attempt to buoy the guys' spirits, he scheduled an exhibition match against the local women's team. The women shut them out 47 to nil, and even scored a try from the scrum.

What happened if you were in both 'camp's ;) :D

McCarthy believed Venn diagrams were part of a Communistic Plot.

..as camp as a row of tents...

Putting on the Dish: A Short Film in Polari

Who are these "witless protection guys" ?

Witless protection guys are the ones the politicians have on staff who magically appear after their boss has swallowed his foot on a news show or at a campaign event. It's their job to attempt to explain away the latest gaffe made publicly by their boss by telling everyone what he really meant to say. :rolleyes:

They normally have a title like "press secretary" or "official spokesman."

Witless protection guys are the ones the politicians have on staff who magically appear after their boss has swallowed his foot on a news show or at a campaign event. It's their job to attempt to explain away the latest gaffe made publicly by their boss by telling everyone what he really meant to say. :rolleyes:

They normally have a title like "press secretary" or "official spokesman."

Oh, right!
The reason that you've not seen the files of that 1943 booklet is that I cannot find the files. They've bloody vanished!
But rest assured that when I get round to repeating the performence, I'll send you a copy.

Oh, right!
The reason that you've not seen the files of that 1943 booklet is that I cannot find the files. They've bloody vanished!
But rest assured that when I get round to repeating the performence, I'll send you a copy.

No problem, HP. It's my fault for being in such a rush to get it to you and not scanning it before I gave it to the post office. Just whenever you can.

I hate when stuff just goes POOF. You do everything properly, hit the save button, watch it zap off to the innards of the computer, close whatever you had open and were working on...and only then do realize you have no clue what particular place in the multitude of files it actually went to. :eek:

It doesn't help any either that I have the hard drives from three other computers loaded on this laptop. Until I managed to get them all merged properly and the duplications deleted there are all sorts of places for something to get accidentally saved to. :rolleyes:

Thank God the search function can usually find it since I didn't save it properly in the first place. :eek:

No problem, HP. It's my fault for being in such a rush to get it to you and not scanning it before I gave it to the post office. Just whenever you can.

I hate when stuff just goes POOF. You do everything properly, hit the save button, watch it zap off to the innards of the computer, close whatever you had open and were working on...and only then do realize you have no clue what particular place in the multitude of files it actually went to. :eek:

It doesn't help any either that I have the hard drives from three other computers loaded on this laptop. Until I managed to get them all merged properly and the duplications deleted there are all sorts of places for something to get accidentally saved to. :rolleyes:

Thank God the search function can usually find it since I didn't save it properly in the first place. :eek:

If I could remember what name I gave the document, there'd be no problem. . . .

I believe Valerie Singleton is a lady who likes pussies ;)

John Singleton (kinda playboy advertising guru in Oz) did too!

(BTW that P word is under fire in Oz car racing circles right now, aimed at an all female driving team. Who, it seems, give as good as they get in return, but with more class).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back