The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
By 'eck, you can tell you're a southerner. My nearest Waitrose is 50+ miles away...

Sainsbury's is significantly closer, it's true, but it's also much more expensive, especially on our 5-mouth weekly shop.

Anyway, thanks chaps. Iacta alea est.

Apparently, Seutonius got it wrong; it should be:
iacta alea esto.

"Let the die be cast".

Have fun at Tesco. Ain't you go an aldi or something near you ?

Good morning everyone. I'll go put some coffee on. Anna, you watching the Monaco Grand Prix today?

Apparently, Seutonius got it wrong; it should be:
iacta alea esto.

"Let the die be cast".

Have fun at Tesco. Ain't you go an aldi or something near you ?

Suetonius was an entertaining but far from reliable historian, so I'll take that under advisement, thanks, HP.

However, I was using the perfect tense with good reason. I'd already been by that point... :(

*sits back* I just love listening to good men speaking with accents.... :)

You like blokes speaking long-dead languages, eh...? ;)

Rolf, just finished a Arrogant Bastard ale. How about something light this time. The Coca-Cola 600 is a long race. Tx, shall I get a beer going for you too? Watched the events so far today?

Rolf, just finished a Arrogant Bastard ale. How about something light this time. The Coca-Cola 600 is a long race. Tx, shall I get a beer going for you too? Watched the events so far today?

I'm at work with no TV but I'm recording it at home. I'll have a months worth of races to catch up on as usual.

I'm at work with no TV but I'm recording it at home. I'll have a months worth of races to catch up on as usual.

Ah, that sucks. Well, I won't ruin the results of the Indy 500 for you. In the 600, Kasey Kahne is out front on lap 71. And he's racing while under the flu! Here's a virtual beer to get you through work. ;)

Last edited:
Whilst the cars were racing through the streets of Monaco, I was out fishing the local canal, with some modest success. And the weather was good, too, which was a bit of a surprise.

Good morning everyone. I'll go put some coffee on. Anna, you watching the Monaco Grand Prix today?
COFFEE!!

Yes, I was watching the race yesterday. I was ironing too. :)

You like blokes speaking long-dead languages, eh...? ;)
I like the way a good man can make it tickle my ear. ;)

Sounds like you're going to have some interesting viewing ahead of you.

Whilst the cars were racing through the streets of Monaco, I was out fishing the local canal, with some modest success. And the weather was good, too, which was a bit of a surprise.
Successful fishing with pleasant weather is much better than watching an expensive parade. Cheers to you, HP. :)

COFFEE!!

Yes, I was watching the race yesterday. I was ironing too. :)

I like the way a good man can make it tickle my ear. ;)

Sounds like you're going to have some interesting viewing ahead of you.

Successful fishing with pleasant weather is much better than watching an expensive parade. Cheers to you, HP. :)

Fresh pot of coffee on. How are you doing today? The F1 race was fun, I'm glad that NBC Sports re-airs the F1 races since the live telecast cut into the Indy 500.

Got today off and heading to the gym right now. Overcast and rainy here, perfect weather for sitting in and working on the FAWC story.

Memorial Day here, a big thank you to all our men and women in service and all who had served before them. :rose:

Last edited:
Fresh pot of coffee on. How are you doing today? The F1 race was fun, I'm glad that NBC Sports re-airs the F1 races since the live telecast cut into the Indy 500.

Got today off and heading to the gym right now. Overcast and rainy here, perfect weather for sitting in and working on the FAWC story.

Memorial Day here, a big thank you to all our men and women in service and all who had served before them. :rose:

I'm hoping that the idea of a "memorial day" will catch on in the UK.
Our Service people deserve it!.

The Monaco race is not one of my favourites.
Not enough places to overtake on the course.
:)

I'm hoping that the idea of a "memorial day" will catch on in the UK.
Our Service people deserve it!.

I'm surprised that the UK does not have one. But yes, they really do deserve it.

That's what I pretty much saw during the race. Other than a few positions in the back, it seemed like a parade most of the time. The red flag was interesting. You would have enjoyed the Indy 500 though. Not too many yellow flags, but a record 68 lead changes.

I agree - but I enjoyed seeing Nico win on the 30th anniversary of his father's Monaco victory...and at least Seb didn't bag another win as well, I don't want to see a return to the Schumi days where one guy wins them all.

I'm surprised that the UK does not have one. But yes, they really do deserve it.

That's what I pretty much saw during the race. Other than a few positions in the back, it seemed like a parade most of the time. The red flag was interesting. You would have enjoyed the Indy 500 though. Not too many yellow flags, but a record 68 lead changes.

1. Yes there is an English F1 race; it's at Silverstone

2. I confess to feeling kinda lost with races like the Indianapolis 500.
Yes, I agree 500 miles is a long way and very demanding, but to do it on a 'oval' like ancient Rome hardly tests the car's ability to corner in both directions,; does it? Or do they use all the twiddly bits now like an F1 race ?

1. Yes there is an English F1 race; it's at Silverstone

2. I confess to feeling kinda lost with races like the Indianapolis 500.
Yes, I agree 500 miles is a long way and very demanding, but to do it on a 'oval' like ancient Rome hardly tests the car's ability to corner in both directions,; does it? Or do they use all the twiddly bits now like an F1 race ?

I actually meant a Memorial Day. ;) I figured that England gets at least one F1 race.

As for ovals, and maybe Tx can correct/confirm this, but it's more about speed than technical driving. Of course, every oval is different too. Some have High banks that allow for higher entry speeds, others require to apply the right amount of braking. But it's mostly about getting every ounce of speed, grip, areo that you can find. That said, Indy cars do run a fair amount of street circuits too. But NASCAR runs all ovals except two races, Sonoma and Watkins Glen. And for NASCAR cars in particular, they really want to get away from the driver.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Gxo42Ygl10 (Indy 500 recap)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bW_JF9Y5WUY (One of my favorite NASCAR races last season)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuE97X69Ksk (Great NASCAR road course finish)

I'm alright. It's cold wet and rainy here, so I'm staying indoors and taking it easy today. Train ride? Oh do tell. :)

I went away for the weekend to visit my cousin and see an exhibit in a museum.

I went there and back by train. I really enjoyed it. :)

It was rainy and cold all weekend but beautiful today.

I went away for the weekend to visit my cousin and see an exhibit in a museum.

I went there and back by train. I really enjoyed it. :)

It was rainy and cold all weekend but beautiful today.

I'm really glad to hear you had a great time. :D Oh, did you see the Star Trek movie yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back