Hey Authors!

CrazyGeezer

Virgin
There is one thing that ticks me off to no end. That's the use of the term "Mommy". How many adult males call their very own mother..."Mommy"? None that I know. It's always either "mom" or "mother". Never, ever "mommy". "Mommy" is not only childlike but also childish. Not to mention hokie and just plain weird.

I know that you are talking about using "mommy" under normal circumstances and I completely agree but it can be used to great effect if used to indicate that there is something wrong or sinister.

An adult male calling his mother "mommy" has very strong Norman Bates vibes.

Sadly, it can also indicate that the individual may be mentally challenged.

Look at it in the context of the story it's being used in. If it's Incest, well, there you have your answer. You need to set a whole lot more background to that question to get an intelligent response.

This is an erotic story site, not real life 101. Authors can write whatever they want and you don't have to read it.

When you start paying people to write stories for you then you can tell them which words you prefer not to hear.

What if she's not his mother?

:D Then one could play with the accent.

“Ay! Ay! Ay, Mami!” *one quick nod* “Sss’up?”

At least, I’ve been told ‘mami’ or ‘mama’ is supposed to be perceived as a term of endearment regardless of relationship. :rolleyes:

Mom or Mommy would be very unusual words in a story written in British English.

Mum? Mummy? Perhaps.

Mater? A historic upper class usage.

'Mom's apple pie'? Never.

Coz you're talking major issues there

Now, now, let's be more open-minded. The term "daddy" is widely used in relationships where no real daddy is involved; it's common in the BDSM arena.

It's not hard to imagine the word "mommy" being used in a similar way.

Story idea, perhaps . . .

Now, now, let's be more open-minded. The term "daddy" is widely used in relationships where no real daddy is involved; it's common in the BDSM arena.

Also this^. Mommy Dommes do exist...I just don’t know how common of a fetish it is? I would look that up, but I don’t want to run into adult diaper wearers by accident. :eek:

When I bartended, I ran across all kinds of people and there are a lot of Mexicans where I am from. A lot of those guys called their ladies 'Mommy' but like, 'Mommy, come here," or "Give me a kiss, mommy," not in the creepy, Dennis Hopper Blue Velvet style either. This was said like, "Honey, come here," or "Give me a kiss, sexy."

The tone of their voice was endearing. Mommy/Momma was used in that way, but never Mom.

I did know a Korean couple who called each other Mommy and Daddy, but they did it for their kids (so they claimed) so their kids would get used to referring to them as Mommy and Daddy. I don't know them anymore, but since their children have to be in their teens, I'm thinking they don't address each other like that anymore, because if they do: kinky.

I wouldn't be too sure of that last statement. I've known several older couples who use the terms even when the kids are older and/or have left the nest. I guess it becomes a habit, and I think it sounds kinda sweet.

This is where I am grateful Pilot seems to have taken a sabbatical because this is where he would show up to rail away that all that is nothing but under age sex.

Then tell us BDSM does not require consent.

Daddy, like mommy is rarely used by anyone not a child-although daughters may resort to it when they're schmoozing to get something- So its pretty much a fetish term.

Although women are more likely to use daddy then men are mommy, at least from what I've seen.

Men in general don't mind a young lover calling them daddy, but most cougars looking for a cub, tend not to want 'mommy' different dynamic

and men need their egos stroked

I wouldn't be too sure of that last statement. I've known several older couples who use the terms even when the kids are older and/or have left the nest. I guess it becomes a habit, and I think it sounds kinda sweet.

I guy I work with calls his wife mama all the time and their kids are grown and out of the house. Its a term of affection.

When I bartended, I ran across all kinds of people and there are a lot of Mexicans where I am from. A lot of those guys called their ladies 'Mommy' but like, 'Mommy, come here," or "Give me a kiss, mommy," not in the creepy, Dennis Hopper Blue Velvet style either. This was said like, "Honey, come here," or "Give me a kiss, sexy."

The tone of their voice was endearing. Mommy/Momma was used in that way, but never Mom.

Yes Hispanics use Mami and Papi a lot for a term of endearment.

At the food pantry I volunteer at everyone calls me Mama. And that's because my kids work with me there so of they call me mom, so now everyone calls me mama. There are days when I swear if I hear mama one more time I will lose my shit!

I did know a Korean couple who called each other Mommy and Daddy, but they did it for their kids (so they claimed) so their kids would get used to referring to them as Mommy and Daddy. I don't know them anymore, but since their children have to be in their teens, I'm thinking they don't address each other like that anymore, because if they do: kinky.

My Grandparents (he was born in 1877), always called each other 'Dad' and 'Ma' right up to their eventual death in the 1960s). I had a girlfriend who's folks had a similar mode of affection.

This is where I am grateful Pilot seems to have taken a sabbatical because this is where he would show up to rail away that all that is nothing but under age sex.

Then tell us BDSM does not require consent.

Daddy, like mommy is rarely used by anyone not a child-although daughters may resort to it when they're schmoozing to get something- So its pretty much a fetish term.

Although women are more likely to use daddy then men are mommy, at least from what I've seen.

Men in general don't mind a young lover calling them daddy, but most cougars looking for a cub, tend not to want 'mommy' different dynamic

and men need their egos stroked

I don't disagree.

I'm firmly in the camp of believing that the fantasy realm of Lit is not, and should not be, bound by the concerns of the real world, and that what people write and read here has little or no bearing on what's happening "out there."

The objection that Literotica incest stories are just a cover for real-life pedophilia has never made any sense to me, because, for one thing, the most popular form of incest here is mom/son incest, usually targeting an adult male's fantasies about a middle-aged mother. There's nothing pedo about that.

I have seen the word "daddy" used a lot online in dom/sub relationship discussions, and the word "daddy" is used in the context of "sugar daddy", but I haven't seen the word "mommy" used in an analogous way.

But as I say, that's not a limit on the imagination.

Okay, I had no idea of all of this. Never heard mom or dad used like that. I'm enlightened and blinking like a raccoon in the headlights. Mind you, it's not the first time.....

Okay, I had no idea of all of this. Never heard mom or dad used like that. I'm enlightened and blinking like a raccoon in the headlights. Mind you, it's not the first time.....

Chloe, such sweet innocence.

Where your licentious imagination comes from, I really don't know.

"I do," said Chloe's dad...

I suppose if you went through other categories, words like “Sissy”, ”Domme”, “Sub”, “Sir”, Ma’am” and “Master” might also apply. Certain words are still words at the end of the day and best of used sparingly. I detest the word “cunt” and avoid it, but there are some instances where I allow a character in my story to use it - again, sparingly. I can see where overusing them like “Mommy” or even “Daddy” would get annoying👠👠👠Kant🌹

Guys, it's that in almost every instance "mommy" sounds flaky. A word which would work better has been mentioned is "momma" Momma sounds much better. And not as childlike as mommy. Sorry but imo "mommy" should not be used except as a slur as in BDSM. My hope is that authors try to avoid the use of "mommy" as much as possible. All this is my opinion.

Back