Private Messages

charliebill

Really Experienced
I am new to Literotica. I went on the BDSM forum and “quick replied” to 2 members that told me they wanted to send me a Personal Message. I do not know how to send or receive them. Do I need to be on Facebook or Instant Messaging? I am on neither of these. I don’t even know where to look to see if any messages have been sent to me. Completely lost on Personal Messages. Can I get some help on thisp please? As you might guess, I am an older model, not a techie at all. Thanks..charliebill

I am new to Literotica. I went on the BDSM forum and “quick replied” to 2 members that told me they wanted to send me a Personal Message. I do not know how to send or receive them. Do I need to be on Facebook or Instant Messaging? I am on neither of these. I don’t even know where to look to see if any messages have been sent to me. Completely lost on Personal Messages. Can I get some help on thisp please? As you might guess, I am an older model, not a techie at all. Thanks..charliebill

The quickest way to send a private message to someone you see in a thread is to click on their user name, which will bring up a small menu in which one option is to send that member a private message (commonly referred to in posts as a PM). Optionally, if you navigate to your User Control Panel (User CP in the menu near the top of your page whenever you are logged in), you can select Send a Private Message from the menu on the left-hand side of the page. A little secret: when you do this, Lit will show you possible member names based on the first few letters that you type in the To field, which can save you some typing or help out if you forgot how someone spells their user name.

Enjoy yourself here, and welcome.

I’m new here... sent several pm msgs as advised.. no replies .. wondering if they are being sent or received?

I’m new here... sent several pm msgs as advised.. no replies .. wondering if they are being sent or received?

You can request a read receipt when you send a new message by checking the appropriate box below the message window before sending. You’ll then get a message telling that your PM has been opened. Not much you can do about past messages, though.

Note: some members choose to block all PMs. When this is the case, the PM tool will tell you so when you try to send a message to a member who has made this choice.

I thought I was having problems but apparently not. Although one of my friends here it says she's not registered, and we've been trading messages for over a month. Who know.

I thought I was having problems but apparently not. Although one of my friends here it says she's not registered, and we've been trading messages for over a month. Who know.

If you can send her a message, she has to be registered.
How could the forum software otherwise know who to send it to?

It is programming, not magic.

If you can send her a message, she has to be registered.
How could the forum software otherwise know who to send it to?

It is programming, not magic.

i'm just saying there appears to be a problem with the programming. I've noticed other friends mentioning some problems as well. That's all

Back