What happened to all of the doom and gloom economic threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nowhere in that link does it say there's a law banning Aetna, etc, from opening up in a new state.

Every state regulates its insurance industry in a different way. What some are suggesting is that a resident of Georgia with Aetna might be able to buy insurance from Michigan (possibly also Aetna) in order to find the least-regulated state in hopes that cost could be lower. But it's a legal and logistical nightmare because Michigan Aetna would then have to comply with regulations in Michigan, Georgia, and Federal regulations. To this date nobody has figured out how to make it work.

Regardless, this isn't really increased competition - it's an illusion. There are only a couple dozen health insurance companies in America (and just a handful of large ones), it just looks like there are more because Aetna Georgia and Aetna Michigan look like two companies. But Aetna can't compete against itself so in the end there's not much increased competition.

But let's say somehow it's worked out and premiums drop 10%. That sounds good except it doesn't do anything to address the rate of increase or curb future increases. There's nothing here that's going to solve anything.

I cant find em

Did I leave it with you:confused:

Nope. You left them back on that thread where you were an ass , then you ran like hell because surprise, no balls. You and your balls are more than welcome to ig me. In fact, it would be my greatest pleasure. :)

You want to pass a law forcing a private company to go to some state and sell things? And that's going to be Constitutional?

forcing?

you think ANY company WOULDNT wanna do biz in all 50 States?

really?

DONT RE INFORCE the BIG DUMMY persona:rolleyes:

Nope. You left them back on that thread where you were an ass , then you ran like hell because surprise, no balls. You and your balls are more than welcome to ig me. In fact, it would be my greatest pleasure. :)

I found em

opps

never mind, 2 little marbles, Did you lose your marbles:confused:

forcing?

you think ANY company WOULDNT wanna do biz in all 50 States?

really?

DONT RE INFORCE the BIG DUMMY persona:rolleyes:

Yes I think that. If their market research shows there's not much for a them to gain by expanding in an area then they will not go there. Likewise, Target will not open a store in my part of town because there are already a Meijer and Wal-Mart here and another Wal-Mart 15 minutes away.

Like I said, there's no law that says particular companies are banned from X state. You're just making that up.

So to sum up... I don't pay any income taxes so I don't give a shit how they spend money

There fixed your post.

BTW ass clown it is Obama he doesn't have to sign it but he well there's not a spending bill he doesn't like.

Yes I think that. If their market research shows there's not much for a them to gain by expanding in an area then they will not go there. Likewise, Target will not open a store in my part of town because there are already a Meijer and Wal-Mart here and another Wal-Mart 15 minutes away.

Like I said, there's no law that says particular companies are banned from X state. You're just making that up.

Target and WMT are not apt comparisons

as the 2 need SPACE and FOOTPRINT

insurance companies don't

and yes, there are laws, barriers

so stop the BS

:mad:

bra_man is beco, right?

Remember in Multiplicity when Michael Keaton's clone cloned itself and it was all messed up in the head with 1/4 of the original's functionality?

Bra-man is that second-gen re-clone of Powertone, who shares a first-gen clone connection with coachdb.

Remember in Multiplicity when Michael Keaton's clone cloned itself and it was all messed up in the head with 1/4 of the original's functionality?

Bra-man is that second-gen re-clone of Powertone, who shares a first-gen clone connection with coachdb.

As bb would say stfu nigger
And you're buddy Seanr is coach he fucked up that alt one night hasn't used after that night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back