Romance Story With No Actual Sex - Yes or No?

RetroFan

Literotica Guru
Joined
May 5, 2014
Posts
941
At the moment I'm writing a love triangle story set in the early 1900s where there is no actual sex between the characters as it doesn't fit in with the plot. There's some kissing, romantic thoughts and some fantasizing about sexual things, but no sexual intercourse or nudity.

I was planning to put the story in the Romance category, as the romance stories I have written so far have done very well. However, both had some sex in them, but this was not the main objective. Surviving a cyclone was the main plot for one, and the other was a three tissue box story about finding love and moving on after loss. My new story also has a serious plot.

If you write in the Romance category or are familiar with it, how do you think readers would react to a story with no physical sex in this category?
 
The story I wrote for the Valentine's contest, while racy and mentions sex, has no actual sex in it. It is not my highest rated story, but it also isn't my lowest rated.
 
...how do you think readers would react to a story with no physical sex in this category?

for the better part of a decade that is what I thought the Romance section was for: sexy stories with no sex. i think it is fine to write what you are suggesting and put it in the Romance category.
 
I haven't had the chance to look at the material in that category, but I assume that with the nature of this site there has to be some physical sex in some stories. I've been wondering if there is a point of too much sex, but if the administrators approve a submission for a category then that is what matters.
 
Thanks for the replies - when I've finished it I'll put it in Romance.
 
Back
Top