Did your parents teach you about sex? Was it helpful?

Denny

Multiple learning periods.

My parents had a small one bedroom home. My brother and I slept in bunk beds next to my parents. I had the top bunk. It always began after my brother and I were "asleep." The giggling, the bed squeaking, mom's muffled screams and dad's moans.

I moved out in high school to help care for mom's dad, my grandfather. There I looked at and read my uncles Playboys, Penthouse, etc.

After I began dating my soon to be wife, Dollie, things got wilder. First we watched her parents thru the opened door fucking most afternoons when he got home from work.
Later her mother caught us fucking in Dollie's bed when she came home early. Rather than get mad or leave she decided to explain sex and tell us what to do.
It was all helpful. After all we did it for many years and many places while others watched us.
 
No and to be honest I think it would have been a horrible experience if they had tried.

My 'education' was sadly/happily enabled by a local store who did not mind renting porn movies to young men, erm quite young actually. I accidentally discovered their rental porn stash and they couldn't really say no after that :)
 
The message from my mother was that sex was a nasty, dirty, inconvenience of marriage.

However, smart women used sex, like some sort of donkey and carrot situation, to make men do what you want. It certainly had nothing to do with enjoyment, at least on the woman's part. It was something that only those nasty, dirty, filthy men wanted.

When I became sexually active, and discovered that it felt good, I thought I was probably a deviant, broken human being, and not "normal" :rolleyes:
 
My parents were very proper Catholics who said absolutely nothing about sex. My mother, however, had a vast collection of filthy books that I read at a very early age, which introduced me to the idea of sex. A few years later a slightly older girlfriend of mine taught me more with a hands-on approach during sleepovers. Another friends father had stacks of porn magazines taller than we were in a basement closet and we used to take turns reading stories aloud to each other during the night. This was all pre-internet, of course, and well before the more confusing sex ed they rushed us through in middle school. The notion of chastity was always present somehow without ever having it explained. It was only in shaming a girl for appearing otherwise that we got a sense that we did something that was wrong.

Thankfully, none of this ever inhibited me, it only taught me to be discrete and to never trust anyone's reasons or rules blindly.
 
About 30 minutes before I walked down the aisle my mother said to me, "Women don't have sex because they like it; they have sex because their husbands demand it."

That was 30 years ago, and I was standing in the church basement in my wedding dress.

Hence, one more guilt trip from Mom. I was already 19 years old and enjoying it!
 
My parents didn't even hold hands or kiss each other in front of me, let alone talking to me about sex. Neither was I taught about private parts or not allowing anyone to touch them. I learned everything first-hand when a person I trusted touched me intimately under the guise of consoling me and then made me his lover - within one hour of becoming my legal guardian.
 
I didn't learn a thing about sex, dating or marriage from my parents, both were closed mouthed about all of that. More adventurous friends and a couple of more experienced girlfriends enlightened what I hadn't already put together from books and magazines.
 
Denny

Did your parents teach you about sex? Was it helpful?

No and no. I still know nothing. Nothing I tell you! Nothing!

Or read my earlier post. It's so embarrassing talking about sex with strangers.:eek:
 
No they didn't teach me anything about it. I don't remember it ever being talked about to be honest. My education came from romance novels, R rated movies and listening to friends. The first time I had ever heard the term '69' was hearing a joke told at work.
"Why can't Miss Piggy count to 100? Cause every time she gets to 69 she gets a frog in her throat."
 
My parents had books about sex on our book shelves...some geared toward educating kids. I can't remember the name of the book but I do remember the cartoon woman's giant bush. Damn I wish I remembered the name of it.

It was not a big deal in our house. We were taught that sex was natural thing between consenting adults and that it was better if you were in love. In hindsight, I do wish they had emphasised that just because you were in love, you didn't HAVE to have sex. You could wait as long as you wanted. I do think there is a balance to be found in teaching sex to your kids.

I taught all my friends because their parents didn't tell them anything. One friend thought the guy peed in you and that is how you got pregnant. *face palm*
 
Dollie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eva_Star View Post
One friend thought the guy peed in you and that is how you got pregnant. *face palm*

:eek: You mean I have been doing it wrong all these years :eek:

;)

xx
I can't remember ever being peed in. I was pregnant three times. It's a miricle!

In the real world many things we learned were things my young husband was told at work. Over time he got me to try.
 
I posted this on another thread and thought you all might appreciate it. I was reading a thread on Fetlife where several women said that their mothers were the ones who taught them how to give blowjobs. When asked about details, one of them said that her mom began her training by giving her a dildo and sitting her at the kitchen table, so she could learn how to blow a guy laying on his back. Mom then used one with a suction cup at the end to teach her how to kneel and blow a guy who's standing up. I was like "Hmmm...your mom was very thorough."
 
Age 3 I asked where babies came out.
My mom took a very deep breath and explained.
She didn't exhale for 10 years....
 
Age 3 I asked where babies came out.
My mom took a very deep breath and explained.
She didn't exhale for 10 years....

I saw my first vag at 5. Kindergarten playground when a classmate took me behind the shed and pulled her pants down. I told my brother about and asked what would happen if I stuck my thing in there. So clearly I had a knowledge about what to do, even at 5.
 
Back
Top