You know you've spent too much time at Lit when. . .

silverwhisper said:
just out of nowhere? was he actually trying to proposition you or was it more an isolated blurt of sexual frustration?

ed
I have no idea. lol. Usually i can tell, and we do flirt with each other a lot, but this time? i don't know.
 
Or a new girlfriend..

You know you've been here too long when your eyes get buggy and you get a headache.
 
YKYSTMTAL when driving down the highway, you see a truck that says 'Litsters' and look surprised...read it again, to discover it said 'Listers'.
 
You know you been at lit to long when your one of the oldest memebers here :nana: 6 years Baby!!
 
Six years and only a thousand posts???

you know you've been here too long when it starts boring you.
 
when you are driving through a construction area and there is a sign that says "emergency pull off, 1000 feet" and you can't help but snicker.

or

you see one of these caution wet floor sign and think--hmmmm, a little penthouse chalk outline, and i wonder how the floor got wet.
 
My mother-in-law just asked me if I wanted a cocktail, and I had trouble keeping a straight face.

Gee, don't mind if I do...
 
You are glad you were alone so you didn't have to explain why you laughed out loud after seeing the bus company called The Snowball Express :p
 
YKYSTMTALW you see a "tart cherry scone" in a bakery and have a visible reaction that impedes your ability to walk away from the counter without being self-conscious.
 
This happened the other morning at work, I was driving down the highway and was overtaken by a car with the number plate SJO, which immediately made me think of SJ, stupidly I had the thought "I wonder how many other litsters are on number plates."
A hell of a lot I can tell you, it was like having a song stuck in your head, I couldn't look at a number plate without thinking of this place. :eek:
 
you see a bulletin board for an insurance company that says in huge bold type "Most satisfied members" and you nearly wreck the car you are laughing so hard
 
Saucyminx said:
you see a bulletin board for an insurance company that says in huge bold type "Most satisfied members" and you nearly wreck the car you are laughing so hard

Minxie, where the hell have you been?! :D
 
bobsgirl said:
Minxie, where the hell have you been?! :D
I am going to get a job. *sigh* So been interviewing for this and that. . . and retail therapy, hence the need for the job. :devil: Got the cutest little light blue corset today. . .and the sluttiest shoes. But i have missed you guys!

I know i've been on lit too long because sometimes i just find myself staring at the dancing banana for a very long time.
 
A parking lot attendent handed me my ticket. "No in/out privileges" was printed in large boldface type across the top, and I laughed out loud. A co-worker attending the conference with me wanted to know what was so funny. All that I could think to say was, "I just remembered something I read recently". Thankfully, he just gave me an odd look and let the subject drop.

Kind of like getting a fortune cookie and adding "in bed" to the end.
 
while in the town of Blue Ball today

I saw a sign for the Blue Ball lanes. As if that isn't funny enough, I got to thinking. Is that like the carpool lane, or the passing lane. . .?
 
YKYSTMTALW...

you see something funny that could have a sexual slant and even before you start laughing, you reach for your phone to take a picture of it to post here. :>

ed
 
silverwhisper said:
YKYSTMTALW...

you see something funny that could have a sexual slant and even before you start laughing, you reach for your phone to take a picture of it to post here. :>

ed
I've done this!
 
silverwhisper said:
i'm so glad i'm not the only one... :>

ed
In fact, this reminds me of a picture I took a week ago and forgot to post in the what makes you go :rolleyes: thread. Too bad I left my phone at home this morning.
 
You look at a female friend in a halloween costume, and she becomes the inspiration for a series of stories... :D (Dunno if that counts... it only happened to me after reading lit for something like 5 or 6 years)
 
A student suggests that you whip another student into shape, and you have to cover your inability to supress your laughter with a coughing fit and walk out of the classroom to get a drink of water.
 
Sarojaede said:
A student suggests that you whip another student into shape, and you have to cover your inability to supress your laughter with a coughing fit and walk out of the classroom to get a drink of water.
Good thing my coffee cup is empty or I'd need a new keyboard. :D
 
Back
Top