Anal? Really?

astuffedshirt_perv

Literotica Guru
Anal is by far the most used tag...wha wha wha what?

From https://tags.literotica.com

MOST USED TAGS
anal (30,181)
oral (21,390)
lesbian (17,722)
blowjob (16,470)
threesome (16,162)
romance (15,273)

This is remarkable as Anal is one of the smaller categories, coming in between MC and non-erotic:

Mind Control - Erotic hypnosis and mind control. (5897)
Anal - The butt, and nothing but. (5220)
Non-Erotic - Fiction without a sexual focus. (4255)

Weird, yah?

Not every story tagged with Anal is exclusive to that category. I've tagged a couple of mine since they have anal sex and they're in EC and SF/F.

Considering how popular anal sex is, I can't be the only one :)

Last edited:
One possible explanation is that, although anal as a category may not have the most stories, the word "anal" better captures the content of the category than any other word captures any other category. In any story with any kind of anal contact, you're likely to see "anal" used as a tag. There are no other variations on the word. No one would use "analize" or "analism" or "anality" as a tag. If you add up all the variations on "incest" that exist as tags, I'm sure they far outnumber "anal" in usage, but they count as different tags.

Anal is by far the most used tag...wha wha wha what?
:
Weird, yah?
Not really. As for anal being a common tag but not a popular category, anal sex is something that can be added to almost any story. I'm finalizing an incest story that has anal sex in it. As the story is primarily about incest, it belongs in I/T. I'd guess that most stories that have anal sex, the primary focus of the story is something besides the anal sex.

As for "Anal" being the most popular tag, Anal is a tag that can be used in just about any category. Most other tags tend to be specific to a particular category. Also, anal sex is rare enough and...let's say kinky enough...addition to the story that people feel like they should tag the story as having it. I'm going to tag my I/T story with "anal", but I'm not going to tag the other types of sex in the story as they are to me run-of-the-mill types of sex.

Maybe the tag does not reflect the contents of the story, but rather, the author's methodology.

I've tagged a few stories with anal, although it's never been the main focus of the story.
I'm not a big fan of it myself, but I've known two women who just had to have it, so when I'm trying to get another half page out of a story, I simply rewrite the same story I wrote for one of them years ago.
Tags are a good way to pull readers in, and if someone is that into anal, they are welcome to skim to the butt sex and skip the rest, I hope they enjoy it immensely.

Having been burned by some bad comments/votes for unexpected anal in a story, I now always include a tag if there is any. It's a warning for those who get over emotional in a negative way, etc. I also put all my tags into the intro of stories now for the same reason. I know I'm not unique in this, so maybe a good portion of those 'anal tags' are mostly there for fair warning. But, inserting them can have a positive attraction to those who like it.

Having been burned by some bad comments/votes for unexpected anal in a story, I now always include a tag if there is any. It's a warning for those who get over emotional in a negative way, etc. I also put all my tags into the intro of stories now for the same reason. I know I'm not unique in this, so maybe a good portion of those 'anal tags' are mostly there for fair warning. But, inserting them can have a positive attraction to those who like it.

I know from experience that some readers hate anal play and react badly when it pops up in stories outside the category. I had a reader of a mom-son incest story protest that no decent mom would ever do that (and this was mom who was fooling around with her son!). I suspect it's a small minority, but the minority of readers here are often the noisiest, I think, and their voices are heard disproportionately.

I know from experience that some readers hate anal play and react badly when it pops up in stories outside the category. I had a reader of a mom-son incest story protest that no decent mom would ever do that (and this was mom who was fooling around with her son!). I suspect it's a small minority, but the minority of readers here are often the noisiest, I think, and their voices are heard disproportionately.

There's an argument to be made about decent men not fucking their moms, but I'm certainly not here to kick off that kind of debate.

There's an argument to be made about decent men not fucking their moms, but I'm certainly not here to kick off that kind of debate.

There may be, but given the popularity of these stories at Literotica I don't think it's an argument that would be well received.

There may be, but given the popularity of these stories at Literotica I don't think it's an argument that would be well received.

I know. Your point just made me think about elephants and glass houses. I'm not here to piss off the I/T crowd, which would be pretty hypocritical of me anyway. "More than Video Games" and all that. :)

Like Bormann used to say: "Jedem Tierchen sein Pläsierchen", or "to each his own".

We apparently know different penises, I mean people.

Love and Kisses

Lisa Ann

I had a friend many moons ago that loved her brother's long thin dick up her ass as her sister licked her clit with a wide strong tongue. She would literally howl until I stuck my dick in her mouth. The howl turned into a long deep moan. Those vibrations were lovely around the head of my dick.

Oral, anal, lesbian, and I/T, all in one short package. An interesting assortment of tags.

I had a friend many moons ago that loved her brother's long thin dick up her ass as her sister licked her clit with a wide strong tongue. She would literally howl until I stuck my dick in her mouth. The howl turned into a long deep moan. Those vibrations were lovely around the head of my dick.

Oral, anal, lesbian, and I/T, all in one short package. An interesting assortment of tags.

You forgot "group". And with it, that's half of the allotted spaces filled :)

"The Hero," usually ends up with the horse and just rides away and bestiality is a no, no on lit. :cool:

Well now Tex, I feel I shouldn't have to mention this to a man named Tex. But I'm sure you know full well that a man's horse is always steadfast and true, rarely complains and is almost always willing to do what's asked. So when you say "The Hero" usually ends up with the horse and just rides away—well, that makes me think you're wanting to say he 'just ends up with the horse'.

Now take a pause and just ask; Has yore horse ever given you the cold shoulder, or worse has that horse ever run off with another cowboy? I reckon not. Now everyone knows that "The Hero" also has the best horse in the west...and when I say everyone, that includes all the lasses with asses who're longing for a hero to come riding into there lives. And this here is where this thing about 'anal' come back into play. I don't think I need to spell it all out from there.

Now I'm not gonna mention this little talk to anyone—I know you just slipped up, heck even "The Hero" is still just a man, and we all make mistakes from time to time. So hop back up into the saddle, and just keep on riding and do what Heroes do...and just keep a singin' Happy Trails To You ;)

Well now Tex, I feel I shouldn't have to mention this to a man named Tex. But I'm sure you know full well that a man's horse is always steadfast and true, rarely complains and is almost always willing to do what's asked. So when you say "The Hero" usually ends up with the horse and just rides away—well, that makes me think you're wanting to say he 'just ends up with the horse'.

Now take a pause and just ask; Has yore horse ever given you the cold shoulder, or worse has that horse ever run off with another cowboy? I reckon not. Now everyone knows that "The Hero" also has the best horse in the west...and when I say everyone, that includes all the lasses with asses who're longing for a hero to come riding into there lives. And this here is where this thing about 'anal' come back into play. I don't think I need to spell it all out from there.

Now I'm not gonna mention this little talk to anyone—I know you just slipped up, heck even "The Hero" is still just a man, and we all make mistakes from time to time. So hop back up into the saddle, and just keep on riding and do what Heroes do...and just keep a singin' Happy Trails To You ;)

I'm partial to "On the Road again." Willie, Waylon, and the Boys had it down pat. :D

I'm partial to "On the Road again." Willie, Waylon, and the Boys had it down pat. :D

That's a perfectly acceptable substitution. Ride old Paint right up under that oak tree there in Lukenbach, Waylon and the boys are already tuning up ;)

Back