The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Friday, Handley and Di!

Oh btw, I'm no Tara! That female part of my name is coincidence, I'm male!

Not at all bad. Don't really have anything major lined up for the weekend, so I suppose I'd better hit the overdue chores list...

And you?

Fancy something from the bar?

Yes, please. Let's celebrate the weekend! Something light...there's a new berry cider that's very good. Want to try that?

I have chores as well and some relatives will be in town.

Are you on your own again tonight?

Yes, please. Let's celebrate the weekend! Something light...there's a new berry cider that's very good. Want to try that?

I have chores as well and some relatives will be in town.

Are you on your own again tonight?

That sounds a good idea.

No, wife and son are back. Heaps of washing to be done. How much clothing can a 14 year old boy get muddy in the course of 3 days camping!

Hope you have a good time with your relatives. Are they ones you see often or have they come far?

That sounds a good idea.

No, wife and son are back. Heaps of washing to be done. How much clothing can a 14 year old boy get muddy in the course of 3 days camping!

Hope you have a good time with your relatives. Are they ones you see often or have they come far?

Two berry cider it is then. :)

Having taken heaps of children to camp, I'm surprised he came home with any clothes dirty at all. Usually a bathing suit got worn all weekend.

I don't see these relatives often...a couple of times a year maybe. They're about 800 km away.

Two berry cider it is then. :)

Having taken heaps of children to camp, I'm surprised he came home with any clothes dirty at all. Usually a bathing suit got worn all weekend.

I don't see these relatives often...a couple of times a year maybe. They're about 800 km away.

No, weather's turned a bit colder again, and anyway it's a countryside, woodland and hills sort of camp so rough clothes are in order.

No, weather's turned a bit colder again, and anyway it's a countryside, woodland and hills sort of camp so rough clothes are in order.

It's turned real cool in the Midlands. . . . .

And it's the British Grand Pix this weekend; Silverstone !!

It's turned real cool in the Midlands. . . . .

And it's the British Grand Pix this weekend; Silverstone !!

It's cool for the season here too. I like it that way! I have a ton of gardening still to do.

Will you join us with a cider, HP? Or have something else? Tell me what's up with you these days.

It's cool for the season here too. I like it that way! I have a ton of gardening still to do.

Will you join us with a cider, HP? Or have something else? Tell me what's up with you these days.

A lager for me, thanx. My innards are yet a bit touchy but with a vacation that stretches ahead of me to September 9, there is plenty of time for almost anything. I weeded this morning and HM cleaned up her kitchen desk (an entire morning's activity, BTW) and I installed a new fax machine and managed to fax off my order for the new jointer/planer which the Austrians call, much more logically, a planer/thicknesser. Then, I'm going to take a second nap. :D

A lager for me, thanx. My innards are yet a bit touchy but with a vacation that stretches ahead of me to September 9, there is plenty of time for almost anything. I weeded this morning and HM cleaned up her kitchen desk (an entire morning's activity, BTW) and I installed a new fax machine and managed to fax off my order for the new jointer/planer which the Austrians call, much more logically, a planer/thicknesser. Then, I'm going to take a second nap. :D

Hi there!

The schools are out on their hols already in the States? How many weeks do the little beggars get over the summer?

Hi there!

The schools are out on their hols already in the States? How many weeks do the little beggars get over the summer?

Hey Beastie. :D

The students here have on the average 12 weeks off...basically all of June, July and August...this is a hangover from our agrarian period in the 18th Century when the young were needed for farm work in the summer.

Hey Beastie. :D

The students here have on the average 12 weeks off...basically all of June, July and August...this is a hangover from our agrarian period in the 18th Century when the young were needed for farm work in the summer.

We only ever got 6 weeks in the summer, and the casual farm work didn't disappear that long ago. As a young teenager in the early 1980s I'd work picking strawberries and then raspberries in the summer (southern Aberdeenshire and Angus in Scotland are actually major soft fruit growing areas, or used to be). Then the autumn holiday was called the "tattie holiday" for the simple reason that most kids helped out harvesting the potato crop. £10 a day picking, or £12 if you worked carrying the full baskets away, if memory serves. Then in the Easter holidays there was daffodil picking, as we had lots of fields of daffodils.

The barley crop, the main cereal, was mechanically harvested, but the others I've described had to be done by hand still in the early 1980s. You could make a reasonable amount of money, but certainly learned the value of it in terms of back breaking labour as bending to pick strawberries or tatties all day did your back in until you got used to it.

I don't know how it works in the agricultural areas but here in SoCal, the picking of soft fruits isn't left to the clumsy hands of teenagers. :rolleyes: Besides, our spoiled little darlings would rather stay in the air conditioned fast food franchises. The kiddies went home early June 17th and will return September 10th. No autumn holidays here, though I understand that they do have some in other parts of the country. We get 2 weeks at Christmas and one at Easter with a sprinkling of 3-day weekends about once a month.

We only ever got 6 weeks in the summer, and the casual farm work didn't disappear that long ago. As a young teenager in the early 1980s I'd work picking strawberries and then raspberries in the summer (southern Aberdeenshire and Angus in Scotland are actually major soft fruit growing areas, or used to be). Then the autumn holiday was called the "tattie holiday" for the simple reason that most kids helped out harvesting the potato crop. £10 a day picking, or £12 if you worked carrying the full baskets away, if memory serves. Then in the Easter holidays there was daffodil picking, as we had lots of fields of daffodils.

The barley crop, the main cereal, was mechanically harvested, but the others I've described had to be done by hand still in the early 1980s. You could make a reasonable amount of money, but certainly learned the value of it in terms of back breaking labour as bending to pick strawberries or tatties all day did your back in until you got used to it.

I didn't know Scotland is (or was) a major soft fruit growing area. You learn something every day. Being of Scottish ancestry on my fathers side, I'm always interested in bits of Scot lore.

Our kids here would pitch a fit if asked to do something like harvesting...they wanna beach it, go to Walt Disney World, Sea World, Six Flags or a water park. They are spoiled, indolent and nasty lil' fuckers.

I don't know how it works in the agricultural areas but here in SoCal, the picking of soft fruits isn't left to the clumsy hands of teenagers. :rolleyes:

We were taken to the harvesting by our mums from a quite young age (most mums only worked part time, then) and messing about with the crop earned a sharp clip round the ear. We were well trained by the time we were teenagers.

No autumn holidays here, though I understand that they do have some in other parts of the country. We get 2 weeks at Christmas and one at Easter with a sprinkling of 3-day weekends about once a month.

We had six weeks in the summer, two in the autumn, at Christmas and at Easter.

I didn't know Scotland is (or was) a major soft fruit growing area. You learn something every day. Being of Scottish ancestry on my fathers side, I'm always interested in bits of Scot lore.

The cheap eastern European crops almost killed it, but yes there were fields and fields of berries. Dundee was famous not just for marmalade but for jam (and indently being where the Beano and Dandy comics were published).

Our kids here would pitch a fit if asked to do something like harvesting...they wanna beach it, go to Walt Disney World, Sea World, Six Flags or a water park. They are spoiled, indolent and nasty lil' fuckers.

We had no choice. Our parents took us and that was that. Besides, the North Sea coast beaches aren't warm enough for posing in swimwear at the best of times!

Hello, Tom. :kiss:
You and me both, Tom. I'd like to go back one day and see the ruins of the family house. Apparently, they're still there.

...They are spoiled, indolent and nasty lil' fuckers.
Well, I'd agree my daughter is spoiled, certainly. But she's not indolent or nasty. For a teenager, she's quite a decent person.

Good evening Naked People :D
Hello, Nero. :kiss:

Happy vacation, Bear. :kiss:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back