Looking for feedback for an unpublished story

Rozalin_0123

Sinful Seductress
Joined
Oct 8, 2013
Posts
2,548
Not sure if this has been done before but I figured it was worth a shot.

I've been writing a long story series for months now that is nearing completion. What I was hoping to find is a few individuals, experienced writers or readers preferred, that would be willing to critique my story. While I think what I have is good and I've been working with an editor who does amazing work, I want my story to be "great" not "good". I guess in a round about way I'm looking for reassurance before I start the publishing process.

About the story: It is an erotic horror story that spans 10 chapters. The 10th chapter isn't finalized quite yet but it is for the most part clear in my head. Each chapter is 2-3 Lit pages long, though unsure of an exact word count at the moment.

A quick synopsis:

Detective Cole Harvey was hot on the trial of a sex trade organization based in Chicago when he encounters something he never imagined; a succubus, a female demon of stunning beauty who devours the souls of weak willed men. The demon temptress offers Cole a deal: bring her corrupt individuals who she can consume in exchange for her help in finding who was responsible for his wife's murder. With his wife's murder case going cold, and no one else to turn to, Cole is faced with a decision where many people's lives, as well as his own, hang in the balance. What price was he willing to pay to bring his wife's murderer to justice? Could the demon be trusted? Or would he become another in a long line of succulent meals?

Content wise, the story contains quite a bit of violence, but not of a sexual nature. It is definitely not your typical "stroker" fare. The sex contained within include: MFM three-some, FFM three-some, double penetration, bondage, mind control, pegging, two instances of reluctance both of which are males, lesbianism, and obviously non-human sex.

If you are interested in giving it a read, please PM me. Thank you in advance :)
 
May I speak? I have the honor and pleasure of editing Rozalin's saga (working title: A SUCCUBUS IN CHICAGO, but that may change). I am VERY impressed with Roz's creativity and writing ability. I envy her imagination and story-building skill. (Lots of hot sex, too!!) I wish I could write something this interesting.

I am a technical editor, not a literary maven. I've mostly only corrected some orthography glitches. I don't presume to advise on 'literary' issues; that's not my area of expertise.

I urge you to PM Roz, to respond to her request. Read her story. You WILL be impressed.
 
Last edited:
I urge you to PM Roz, to respond to her request. Read her story. You WILL be impressed.

I did, and her story, like an addictive drug, hooked me after a few pages. I originally had a week planned for my editing/beta-reading, but managed to finish it off in one night itself (simply because I couldn't bring myself to close my laptop).
 
Back
Top