Space Pirates and Bounty Hunters

dragonrazor

Boobies...BOOBIES....
Joined
Mar 5, 2006
Posts
74,066
the last thread i saw like this didn't do too well, so i thought i'd try my hand...

the setting is space, of course. You have Space Pirates, which are classified in two groups, similar to the Blue Rogues and Black Pirates from Skies of Arcadia...then you have the bounty hunters, the military, and whatnot


Name: Darin Stormrunner
Age: 25
Profession: Blue Ace captain
Ship: Dolphin Dancer

Black hair, green eyes, 6'3", 180 pounds

Darin is a typical Blue Ace, the good guys in the pirate world. He is kind, compassionate, and only attacks Black Storm pirates and military ships. He also gives most of what he steals to the victims of the wars that tore apart the human race.
 
Alonria Skylark
Medical officer on the Dolphin Dancer
age 24
long black hair and violet colored eyes standing at 5ft 4in weght 120lbs

Alonria had joined the crew of the Dolphin Dancer only recently and was still getting to know the crew and its captin. She kept mainly to herself going over medical charts and making sure she had what she needed to treat the crew and any passangers they may carrie. Her background she keeps quiet about wanting to leave her past behind her.
 
Kray Konratch

Age: 54 (Equivilent Earth years: 26)
Freelance Courier
Lanenonite Alien species. Allied species of the Blue Rogues

Completely bald Turquoise skin with a tan crust like shell covering the back of his hands to the knuckles, giving him horns on the knuckles. Double Eyelids, 6'9" 450 lbs. (Muscular)
Eyes: Silver

He is a young alien that pilots a small one man spaceship. (Encased Vulture from Starcraft) Considered an uppity hotshot and dare devil, he's known to pilot his ship through warzones and still deliver his packages. Friendly lively wildman.
 
Last edited:
Name: Mollywog
Age: 21
Height:5 ft 3
Weight: 112lbs Curvy, Delicately shaped.
Hair: Curly, Long And blonde with red streaks.
Eyes: Gray/Blue
Right side of her neck has a tattoo, an alien symbol that is beautiful and exotic. Black lines around a small star.

Abilities: Premier mechanic and all around fixit girl.
She wears: A tailored jumpsuit cut into pants that lace up with pink ribbon, and a jacket that laces up the same way, but it's open, so the pink ribbons hang in loose bows. Beneath the unlaced jacket, a clingy black t shirt of sorts.

New to the crew, she smiles easily, and is glad to be going off on a new adventure. She occasionally has grease smudges on her cheeks or her clothes, but she always smells fresh and clean. She's got a slightly innocent quality about her. Warm, friendly, but occasionally, there's a darkness in her eyes. Could she be running from something? Something dangerous?
 
Last edited:
sabreeta voitek

name:sabreeta voitek
age:unknown
height:6ft
build: that of an amazon warrior
hair:long black with silver streaks
eyes:metallic grey(able to see in the dark)
species: half human half Xanik(underground dweller - hence special sight)
ship:chimera


Sabreeta has been a 'delivery pilot' shall we say for nearly 20 years. Mostly dealing in the slightly less desirable quadrants and with the dregs of space. Never asking too many questions about the cargo or the person receiving the goods normally. Todays order was a special ......had to be kept a certain temperature, no sudden movements. Must be some food stuff or something exotic. a cybernetic animal or such. Normally works alone unless the mission calls for help.

her ship looked like a standard model 9 cargo ship but has a time jump capability of 3 hours.
 
Last edited:
Name: "The Shadow"
Age: 25
Profession: Bounty Hunter
Ship: The Midnight Shadow
Build: Muscular and very athletic. In great physical condition due to his profession.
Appearance: The Shadow is 6,1" with a muscular build. He has longish brown hair and piercing ice blue eyes that almost glow in the dark, with a rugged handsome quality about him.


Very little is known about this very succesful Bounty Hunter. All that is known is that he has yet to fail catch a bounty, wheather it be dead or alive. No one knows his real name for sure, or really where he goes, he always seems to slip away like ......a Shadow. Hence his name. Many rumors fly around the Universe about him, most of them wrong. He is as deadly and efficient as he is elusive.
 
hmm, i think we have enough to start


Darin stood on the bridge of his ship, readying it for its maiden voyage. He had stolen the blueprints from a military ship when working with his father as a kid, and had finally managed to have it built. The ship was among the most advanced in the galaxy, and definitely didn't lack in luxury. He listened as his bridge crew reported on the ship's readiness and the crew's ability. This was going to be fun, he thought, as he sat back in a chair that was designed to be where the captain sat and gave orders. He had changed it, and had implemented several control panels on and around it.
 
Naliya

As Captain Stormrunner issues his final commands before making way, an elegantly tall young woman walks on to the bridge as if she was the one in command. Her body moves with floating grace, her feet seeming to have little need to touch the deck beneath them. Barely glancing at her surroundings, she instead moves directly to the captain. Her black hair is piled in a smooth arrangement on top of her head, its dark color highlighting her fair skin and the faint pink flush of her cheeks. She opens her cloak and reveals a long white gown of a fine, gossamer silk. The delicate gown, high at the neck and long to the ground, covers all of her skin while accenting all of her curves. Her mouth is wide, with lush red lips that bare no trace of a smile as she speaks.

“I am Pr… Naliya. I need to book passage, away from this place.” Her green eyes look directly into his. “I will pay well for a cabin and you will ask me no questions. Do you agree?”

Despite the unusual circumstances, Naliya remains composed as she waits for the captain’s reply.
 
Darin raised an eyebrow, looking the young woman up and down, then thought carefully. This was clearly a woman in trouble. He was tempted to simply give her a ride somewhere, without asking payment, but he knew better. That would make him seem suspicious. He bowed low, taking her hand and kissing it lightly, before straightening again.

"I'm not supposed to ask you any questions, but did you have any particular destination in mind, milady?"
 
Naliya

Naliya raised her chin under the inspecting eyes of the captain. With some difficulty, she held back the quick reprimand that came to her lips but she could not hide the flash of anger in her eyes. For now, she knew, she was in no position to antagonize him so she kept an icy silence. However, her anger cooled slightly as he showed he had some manners she inclined her head with a regal nod as he bowed over her hand and kissed it.

"I'm not supposed to ask you any questions, but did you have any particular destination in mind, milady?"

She considers his words for a moment, “There is no need to question, Captain. I will let you know when I am ready to disembark, I am simply interested in being somewhere else. I am certain whichever direction you take will satisfy that requirement.”

She reaches into a small bag hanging from the waist of her gown and pulls something from it. She holds out the palm of her hand revealing two small, brightly colored gems, perfect in cut and clarity, worth a small fortune.

“I believe this will be enough to get me where I want to.” She looks around at the flurry of activity on the bridge, “How long until we leave?”
 
Off in the distance at a side Asteroid belt there was a small ship skiffing through the floating rocks. "Yeeeeeeaaaaaaah Baby!" The ship was expertly piloted through the belt and the ship was blasting some of the rocks to dust.

His fun loving trip for the next thrill had a price to it and he felt the crunch of an asteroid hitting his hull. It was in the storage area, which was a bummer cause now he could carry cargo until it was repaired. But at least it didn't hit anything that would affect his oxygen. "<Son of a Bitch!>"

He tapped a few buttons to send his sensors for the closest M class planet. Yeah there was; Planet Kirk, but that was too far away for his tastes. Checking for the closest ship.

30 minutes later.

He sent a hail to Captain Stormrunner's ship. His own ship only the size of a shuttle. "To Captain Storm Runner. Requesting docking for repairs. I am Kray Konratch, Lanenonite courier of the Slipstream."
 
Darin took the gems, holding them up to the light. He was a good judge of value, and he figured just one of these would pay for a trip across the galaxy. He turned back to the princess, about to say something, when one of the bridge crew came up to him and whispered in his ear. He turned, then nodded, and one of the windows turned into a video display with an image of a courier.

"Kray...interesting name. Well, my base of operations could help you, but you'd have to never tell anyone about it. We're getting ready to leave ourselves."
 
Are you still accepting characters?

Character: Cmdr. John Hardin (Retired)
Age: 42 (but still looks good...)
5'11", dark hair, green eyes

Commander Hardin spend 14 years in the Terran Space Forces in the outer reaches of space, first as a crewman on a larger starship, then in command of a smaller scout ship.

While generaly successful in his missions, high command took umbrage at his sideline buisness of running luxury items on the government's dime. Not drugs or slaves, but furs, silks, exotic liquors, precious metals and the like.

Although an excelent officer (when not smuggling...) he was asked to retire (with the option to keep his pension) and become a reserve officer before the fleet investigated too closely into his activities.

Cashing in his pension, he became the owner of an older, small, but well armed scout ship (with a cloaking device and other quasi legal gear...) which he uses for escort duty by contract and for privateering.

Currently he has just come off a smuggling run of terran whiskey and is looking for a new score and possibly pick up a new crewman/woman.

Preferably a woman...

As this is the outer rim, their are many people who have come out here to escape trouble with the law, and the rules on scoring a bounty out here aren't as civilized as they are on the core worlds...but who knows, as it may be worth more letting them escape.
 
"Of course. I've carried many illicit items before so I understand the value of keeping my trap shut. And while I don't have any money for now, I could work as a mechanic on the side. To pay my way of course." He sat in his ship and waited.

The stars stared at the small ship as it reflected starlight and he sat there with the video of the captain on his windshield. He'd worry normally of having his vision obscurrred, but there was no reported enemy and he could outmaneuver any large ship easily. That's why he picked the smallest model.
 
Darin nodded, then handed him off to someone at the base, to guide him in. He then turned his attention back to the princess, for that was clearly what she was, judging from her refinement. He smiled, then nodded to one of his ensigns, and told the young man to take her to her room.
 
Naliya

dragonrazor said:
Darin nodded, then handed him off to someone at the base, to guide him in. He then turned his attention back to the princess, for that was clearly what she was, judging from her refinement. He smiled, then nodded to one of his ensigns, and told the young man to take her to her room.

With a graceful sway of her neck she tilts her head to the side, “Then I can assume we are leaving soon. My bag is at the embarkation point, have one of your crew get it and bring it to my cabin.” She adds, for appearances sake, “Thank you.”

Her gown swirls airily around her as she turns to follow the ensign off the bridge but she remains poised and dignified.
 
sabreeta voitek

I had hit a pice of debris earlier as I made my way towards the planet Neptune 2021. It had damaged my engine.......I had taken fifteen hours trying to fix it but now gave up the ghost. without a decent mechanic and supply shop I was stranded here. I sent out a distress signal, hoping some kind samaritan would take pity on me .

A short while later a voice was hailing me .

"Hello the ship....are you in trouble ..........please respond.....this is Cmdr. John Hardin ."

Yes a rescue. Maybe he will help me deliver my cargo too. Who knows.

"Hello commander this is Sabreeta Voitek My ship is damaged beyond compare . May I impose on you for a lift to safety. I am alone on the vessel ."
 
Kray pulled into the ship, at the instruction of the people behind the dock controls. When the door finally shut behind him, the Slipstream opened up with a hiss and smokey air flowed out. Apparently, these people thought that the pilot was another human because they were surprised at the sight of the giant alien.

He walked up to them and saluted them, even though even the tallest of the people only reached his armpits. "So, shall I meet the captain, or the security officer?"

"Well, actually the captain is busy with a guest. You understand that we can't tell you why....um Kray."

"Yes, being discrete can be important. So when is the security officer going to be told about me?" He was curious to meet the crew. Are they all human?

"We need you to meet the medical officer first. She needs to learn about your unique physiology in case anything happens."

"She? Coolness, let's go meet her." He grinned easily as they started taking him to the medical room.
 
Molly sighed a bit as she ran a thorough diagnostic on the systems of the ship. She didn't anticipate an problems, she'd gone over every piece of the engines, life support, defense, cooling and sheilds systems several times. Both before leaving harbor and after. Molly was thorough though, and she ran the same check every 15 hours or so.

She sat in the engine room and tapped the keys on the computer. Symbols, codes and the like were on the screen in front of her. She was tinkering with the system's sheilds' systems, and thought she almost had her newest invention / improvement ready to go online. She was working on a way to trick other ship's systems, making them think the ship was in a totally different spot in space then it actually was. Useful when trying to slip by unseen, or when running from someone. Molly called it 'The SOH.' or.. Slight of Hand.

Molly rubbed her eyes a bit and tied her blonde and red curly hair up with a ribbon from her jacket. She took a look at an adjacent screen and narrowed her Grey blue eyes. She flipped a switch, calling the captain.

A high pitched signal sounded just before her slightly husky voice. "Captain.. There's a ship approaching.. Looks more like shuttle size." Molly taps some keys and takes a closer look at the little ship. "He appears to be limping, sir."

In molly speak, the term 'limping' meant damaged. If she'd meant he was in danger she would have used a harsher term. She didn't hear the communication to the bridge, but realized the Captain probably already knew about the approaching vessel. Still, it was good to show she was paying attention.
 
Last edited:
The Midnight Shadow cruised silently and slowly through space. It's pitch black appearance blended in perfectly with the dark expanse of space. The only way the ship could be seen is the ocasional dissapearance of a star as it passed by. Shadow sat in silence in the cockpit of his ship, tapping on the console. According to his readings, the target he'd been assigned to had boarded the Dolphin Dancer, and the ship was now beginning to leave port and head out into deeper space.

Shadow accelerated his sleek vessel towards an intercept point. He would wait until they were far enough from anything to call for help or even escape, but that never happened. Then he would make his move. Shadow was a very cautious man, that was one of the many reasons that he was the best at what he did.
 
Naliya

Ignoring the whirl of activity on the ship, Naliya follows the ensign to her cabin. Lost in her own thoughts, she as little interest in her surroundings. The soft folds of her long gown embrace her long legs as she moves gracefully through the corridor and her cape falls behind her in billowing folds, people instinctively step aside, making way for her.

Upon reaching her cabin, Naliya thanks the ensign for carrying her bag in a tone that is more regal than appreciative but the smile she shines upon him is genuine.

Alone in her cabin, Naliya removes her cape as she looks around the small space. It is clean and it will be carrying her away from this place, and to her, right now, that is all that really matters. For now, escape is enough.

She reaches around to her back and with a wince, begins loosening the lacing that runs down her gown from her neck to her hips. Her struggles show that not only is she unaccustomed to doing this for herself but that she finds it painful. Eventually, she manages to get half done, and pulls her dress down to rest on her hips. Her full pink tipped breasts respond quickly to the cool air, but she does not notice. She is more interested in the large white bandage taped to her side. Peeling it away from her skin, she sees that her wound is red and angry. She rifles through her bag until she finds the special salve and gently applies it to her injury.

She grinds her teeth to keep from crying out in pain.

Exhausted by her efforts of the past four days, Naliya lies down on the bed and as the pain receded, she contemplates the magnitude of what she is attempting.

She must not fail, she will not fail, too many are depending on her.
 
Darin sat in his chair, checking readouts, then looked up as one of the long range scanners picked up...well, it seemed like a spectre on their sensors. He was busy scanning that region of space for a few moments, then shook his head, and ordered a yellow alert. That made them all a little nervous, so he took the time to explain to the crew and passengers what was going on.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we have a speck on our scanners, so we're going to yellow alert. All gunners, prepare for quickcharging of guns, and all navigators be ready to give tactical readouts. Everyone be ready, and there is nothing to worry about. Unless there's something to worry about."
 
Molly muttered cursewords in her mother's tongue and her full pink lips curved into a frown as lights on her control panel flashed yellow and Darin's warning echoed through the engine room. She scratched her neck a bit and swung over to the alcove that held the small bubble and gun station. She was better at fixing things, but it was her engine room, therefore it was her gun station.

She flipped a switch above her head and then pushed a button off to her left. She gave the code that told Darin she was at her station, watched smaller monitors for blips, and her gun was armed. "E1 Armed." she said.

She watched out the bubble, leaning forward a bit. It was a small window and she squinted, her delicate brows scrunched together. The blonde and red ringlets bobbed a bit, falling out of the pink ribbon she'd used to tie them. "All is green." She said, indicating she wasn't seeing anything yet.
 
Last edited:
Shadow saw the lights on his scanner's light up. The Dolphin Dancer was approaching fast, and she was charging up her weapons. So he reached across the pannel and flipped up the switch that made his ship run completely silent. It was an ingenious invention that had been designed by the best ship builder in the universe, unfortunately Shadow had to dispatch of the man to make sure another wasn't made.

His ship now veritably undetectable, Shadow's ship cruised slowly towards the Dolphin Dancer. It was now visible with the naked eye. Shadow began to feel the tingles across his skin as he always felt when he was closing in on his prey. A slight smile spread across his lips as he closed ever closer to the ship. Shadow had heard of the captain of this ship, Darin Stormrunner. He was famous throughout this system for his piloting abilities. Hopefully the man would not be hard to deal with. Shadow didn't like to kill when he didn't have to, but when he did have to.....there was none better.
 
Back
Top