What is the best comment you've ever gotten?

That's better than those who don't take no for an answer.

"I'd love to role play with you!"
"No, thank you."
"Are you sure?"
"Yes."
"Are you sure?"
"I hate role play."
"Are you sure?"
. . . :mad:

Are you sure? :p
 
With all my stories and the time they have been up, I have had some great comments but the one that has stuck with me the most was an e-mail i received from a blind vet on Blindmans Bluff.

He asked if I was also blind as I had nailed the blind character perfectly. He also wanted to know where I had come up with the idea of a sonic reference marker. I told him it had come to me as I wrote the story. Through him and an organization for blind vets, the sonic reference devise is now available for free to anyone who is blind. They have improved the thing by making it solar powered and activated by a small remote. If a blind person gets disoriented all they do is press the button and the sound guides them to a known reference point.

I didn't know it at the time but he took my story to the national blind veterans convention in Washington that year. I ended up with hundreds of e-mails in praise of the story. To bad they didn't come to Lit to vote. :D

In any case, I had been legally blind for several months before i wrote this story. Cataracts in my one good eye. Luckily they operated on it and my sight was restored. I'm glad so much good and goodwill came of the story.
Impressive story.
 
I won't claim that this is the best compliment I've ever gotten on a story, but it's the best compliment I've received on a story today.

I have a new life goal: Get so many comments/emails that I can say, "This is the best compliment I've received on a story today," and it be as articulate and glowing as what you received. :rose:
 
Are you sure you want my fist up your ass?? :mad:

(Shit... That sounded a little like role play. Oops)

That sounds a bit uncomfortable, think I'll have to pass. :D

(And you're right, it did sound a little like role play lol)
 
D(.)(.)

That sounds a bit uncomfortable, think I'll have to pass. :D

(And you're right, it did sound a little like role play lol)
Dollie---------- It sounded a bit painful to me.
Just today I got two requests to role play. Before I turned those offers down. Today I'm bored and hubby dared me.
How dare him!
 
Yes! :D It was very flattering until I realized he didn't actually mean any of it. He stopped talking to me when I made it clear I don't do "chat".

Oh, I hate those, the "compliments" that are just a prelude to "...so, wanna cyber?"
 
As someone who's new to writing, much less submitting anything to be read by others, I was quite uneasy about the feedback I would receive for my first story. I've been fortunate so far, and have gotten quite a few positive comments.

My most recent piece of feedback made me grin, I have to admit.

From an Anonymous reader, for All I Need Part 2:

"Anomic - defiance of social norm - truly an elegant handle.

You share with us your rapturous love of words,
a quick and delicate wit, and a lyrical elegance that
makes every single sentence silly with pleasure.
Anyone who lives to read your writing will want to
lick your penmanship and sleep with it between their legs."
 
From an Anonymous reader, for All I Need Part 2:

"Anomic - defiance of social norm - truly an elegant handle.

You share with us your rapturous love of words,
a quick and delicate wit, and a lyrical elegance that
makes every single sentence silly with pleasure.
Anyone who lives to read your writing will want to
lick your penmanship and sleep with it between their legs."

Well, damn. That's not even one of my comments and it has me feeling all warm and smiley inside.
 
Favorite Comments

I think one of my favorites was from a fellow author who claimed my story shut down her office for the day:

Mandy01

Omg, I have never felt so torn in my life.

Thank you for giving me the ride of a lifetime. I did make a mistake by deciding to read this marvellous piece at work...don't worry I have my perks, an office manager. The problem I had was when someone came into my office and saw me crying, actually bawling, they thought I had got some terrible news.

I showed them what I was reading and before long, I had streams of workers clamouring to know why there was now two of us in tears.

After consulting with the boss, I sent out an inter-office memo with the story’s URL. You guessed it, the whole office was brought to a standstill. The boss has given everyone the rest of the day off with pay; can you believe that?

He’s certainly no scrooge, but tried to make out he was by saying that he wanted to go home himself, and didn’t trust us not to rob him blind...The bugger goes to golf anytime he wants and now he’s worried...lol

From myself and the staff of our office here, we would like to thank you and yours for a wonderful Christmas story, and wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a happy holiday season.

Amanda

And I agree with many others, that even though I love most comments from my readers, I think it's the ones from author's I respect for their own work, that really hit home.

Four more from the same story (Charity Begins Next Door) by Rehnquist, S-Des, Hypoxia and DanielQSteele absolutely made my day.
 
In that vein, I guess my most cherished comment stands out as such because it came from iconic Litster dr_mabeuse, one of the most respected writers of old here (who subsequently won an EPIC award in the mainstream for a novel originally appearing here). His comment isn’t as effusive as others I’ve received, but because it came from him, it’s probably the most cherished one. It came on “Descent into Chaos” (straight Interracial Love category: https://www.literotica.com/s/descent-into-chaos), which isn’t high scoring here, but was expanded into an e-book that has done very well in the marketplace:

Double bitch slap of reality here on the true love front. A great little journey into the heart of darkness, beautifully told.
 
Double bitch slap of reality here on the true love front. A great little journey into the heart of darkness, beautifully told.

Not gushy, no, but the succinct sentiment packs quite a punch.
 
I don't know if this was my best comment, but I still find it amusing:

Gross

I keep reading this horrible story hoping to find out it was a man and wife role playing (even then it would be gross though). You are a sick pervert and I hope you stay far away from children!

It was from anymouse, of course, and a tale of incest between father and 20 year-old daughter. :D
 
I don't know if this was my best comment, but I still find it amusing:

Gross

I keep reading this horrible story hoping to find out it was a man and wife role playing (even then it would be gross though). You are a sick pervert and I hope you stay far away from children!

It was from anymouse, of course, and a tale of incest between father and 20 year-old daughter. :D

If this person reads every I/T story thinking there's going to be some big "Fooled you! It's not really incest!" reveal at the end, he must be really used to disappointment.
 
On the subject of a comment that shows that they "got it," I wrote a story inspired by "Living Next Door to Alice", a minor hit from 1977. The reader said s/he hadn't thought about the narrator getting together with Sally, another woman mentioned in the song.
 
This is the first comment I got on my first story:
Outstanding way of creating a sex-positive version of a story that so often just sounds trashy. Nice job! Looking forward to the next installment.

This and quite a few other positive comments encouraged me to continue swimming after I dipped my toe in. This one in particular was nice, because it captured exactly what I was trying to do.
 
Man, I got a KILLER piece of criticism on Graduation a while back -- from an anonymous reader, of all people!

Beyond the certain amount of disbelief one usually has to suspend to enjoy a teacher/student story, I had only one thing to share. I felt like Caleb was a little to quick to let the profanity flow in his teacher,s presence, and it made me cringe reflexively a few times. It didn't fit with the sweetness of his personality and the usual inhibition innate in a student's conversation with a teacher. After they started to cross that line, the colorful language made more sense and that transition in vocabulary could have been used to illustrate the change in their relationship, as you did when Penny started being freer with those words. Nevertheless, good story. I enjoyed it immensely. Thank you for posting it.

Genuinely threw me; what a great, well-considered note.
 
Very first comment on very first story I posted.

The Best!
06/10/14 By: writerjab
Wish I could give it a 15! From where this started to where it ended, the continuous awareness of an impending storm. At first seen from a distance, then as it drew closer the power and magnitude beginning to overwhelm. Fantastically written! A story as much about the mind as the base, physical pursuit of sex.
 
I have regular readers who praise my work. That feels good. My best three comments were "This is probably the best story I have read on this site"

For a fantasy story. "Fantasy and Science fiction rate low in likes. He then goes on to explain how much he liked my story.

A science fiction story to which someone responded, I don't like science fiction but I liked your story a lot.

When you get people to enjoy genres they ordinarily avoid you have really accomplished something.
 
"What a disgusting little story. The depravity seems endless and I can't wait to read what happens next."
 
My favorite comment rolled in some two years ago and has never been topped. It was Anonymous, and just read "I want to be the girl in your story," followed by a little angry face--which I suppose expressed frustration that the commenter was not in fact the girl in my story.
 
I remember a guy telling me one time that I sucked dick like a professional bitch. I dunno if that was supposed to be a compliment or an insult?
 
Back
Top