The hot Arabic chick thread

Inspiration is where you find it. :D

attachment.php

holy mother of fuck.

holy mother of fuck.

Hullo dahlink! Welcome to AH, and to this thread.

I am just posting something off topic here, hijacking my own thread now ;), where will it all end! you ask yourselves. It's not Islamic at all, just a silly clip out of Bride and Prejudice which I totally adore. It's for us gurrls, really, although the Brits will enjoy the very realistic depiction of an English country village.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ms9xmBn7Z-Y

BTW, anyone got a top recommendation for classic Bollywood musicals? I loved the films I saw in Pakistan and I know there are some classics from India but I don't know where to start. My sister-in-law keeps recommending classic films with class and distinction. :rolleyes:

First of all, many apologies to LiquidMathew for mentioning Islamic feminism in his thread on Bad Erotica tropes and leading to a completely off-topic argument developing in there.

Some time ago, I had a long discussion with TXRad, HP and some others about what Muslim women might wear under their burqas on a Spam thread. Afterwards I saw some hot shots on Facebook which I meant to share with TX, who had expressed a kindly interest. So I'm going to start putting them up here.

But any guys who check this thread must also promise to read Scheherazade Goes West, Fatima Mernissi's book which suggests that while in the West the ideal of feminine beauty is dumb and beautiful, in the old harems of Islamic cultures, top price was paid for women who were beautiful and could also do algebraic equations, beat you at chess (and you thought that was sexy rather than threatening), speak a few languages and advice you on your military strategies.

:D, I said PROMISE to read, not actually read. You can give me a box of chocolates and some roses instead. (Belgian truffles, that will be.)

You might also care to read The Secret Life of Syrian Lingerie, in which you can find out about squeaky bras and knickers embroidered with fundamentalist religious iconography - all worn under the burqa. In this book, Christian women complain that they are supposed to be more liberated but that Muslim women are in fact less sexually repressed.

In this thread, I'm not saying that many sexist and repressive things aren't done in the name of Islam. I have lived and worked in the North West Frontier Province of Pakistan, on the border of Afghanistan. I'm only saying that Islamic nations round the world are like Western ones, there are good bits and bad bits, liberated and repressive activities.

:rose: (of Islam).

cool thread reminds me of class i'm taking

BTW, anyone got a top recommendation for classic Bollywood musicals? I loved the films I saw in Pakistan and I know there are some classics from India but I don't know where to start. My sister-in-law keeps recommending classic films with class and distinction. :rolleyes:

Ahhh. Bollywood just happens to be one of my weaknesses. :eek: So what do you mean by 'classics'?

Ahhh. Bollywood just happens to be one of my weaknesses. :eek: So what do you mean by 'classics'?

Phew, I hoped with all my heart for this! :heart:
I know there must be totally famous classic Bollywood musicals, but I'm not sure which ones they are. Y'know, the ones people just grew up with. They're so famous, nobody tells me about them because they assume I must know about them. Is there a top five of Must See musicals? Happy ones for preference, as Piglet will want to see them too and we don't like to cry.

Phew, I hoped with all my heart for this! :heart:
I know there must be totally famous classic Bollywood musicals, but I'm not sure which ones they are. Y'know, the ones people just grew up with. They're so famous, nobody tells me about them because they assume I must know about them. Is there a top five of Must See musicals? Happy ones for preference, as Piglet will want to see them too and we don't like to cry.

Before I start, please imagine me chewing on my fingers because I have to choose just five out of... thousands!

Okay, try: Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (you HAVE to see this if you see anything Bollywood), Taare Zameen Par (something that is more non-traditionally Bollywood but something that's being made more and more in today's Indian film industry), Mughal-e-Azam (a period drama), Khamoshi (I absolutely adore this actor and this director so I had to have it in here), and Mr. India (this one's mostly here because I think the kidlet might enjoy it. It's rather enjoyable though.) :)

Before I start, please imagine me chewing on my fingers because I have to choose just five out of... thousands!

Okay, try: Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (you HAVE to see this if you see anything Bollywood), Taare Zameen Par (something that is more non-traditionally Bollywood but something that's being made more and more in today's Indian film industry), Mughal-e-Azam (a period drama), Khamoshi (I absolutely adore this actor and this director so I had to have it in here), and Mr. India (this one's mostly here because I think the kidlet might enjoy it. It's rather enjoyable though.) :)

You are the best!
:heart::heart::heart:
Thank you for this.

A special compensation for Dampy:

Maybe something in white, more or less.

attachment.php

Last edited:
Back