What was the first car/truck you ever bought?

RobDownSouth

Never Banhammered
Joined
Apr 13, 2002
Posts
72,245
What was the first car or truck you ever bought? Not drove, not given to you, not inherited...what was the first car you made the decision to buy?

Mine was a used 1965 Ford Mustang.

1965mustangcp061410.jpg
 
Last edited:
Mine was a 74 Monte Carlo, and to expand on that, I owned every year from 74 - 77 , best beater cars ever, I could rip out all the good parts and save them for the next one..
 
Mk III Cortina. (I actually don't remember it looking quite this cool.) Loved that car.

Cortina%20MkIII%20XL%202000.jpg
 
1953 Ford Prefect E493A

ford-prefect.jpg


It was the first of several upright Fords.
 
1953 Ford Prefect E493A

ford-prefect.jpg


It was the first of several upright Fords.

An upright Ford?

https://encrypted-tbn0.***********/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRUJCx1oEk0SBEMEJ_EBiJqbWOfpdl2rcoxbK8fUI97iFovLOtYYw

As opposed to this^^^^^?
 
Toyota Camry. I can't remember what year the car was. I paid $2k in 1993... I think that was the year I bought it. It had just under 200,000 miles on it. It was my first stick shift. No AC. But it was a good little car. I had it for a couple years, then sold it to a family member when I got a new car.
 
Oldsmobile Aurora. I'd wanted that car since I was 12. I kinda cried when I had to scrap it after an accident and one of my friends made fun of me. "It's just a car" A few years later he had to sell it was his third car but the one he'd spent the most time with and wasn't a handmedown. And he was like "It hurts." and it took everything in me to just tell I'm I know instead of dancing like that guy in the old Magic Mountain commercials. Cus I was two seconds from shouting Siri! We prepared for this day, hit the I owe you this theme!
 
A 1980 Renault 5, cost £200 from my local Chinese takeaway in 1984.
 
1972 Comet GT..it has the 302 V8 so it was pretty fast, bought while I took a year off school and worked in the steel mill

after grad a brand new 1979 F150
 
77 Volvo 244. Sold it for the same I paid for it 3 years later. Never let me down!
 
An upright Ford?

...

The small Fords produced for the UK from 1933 to 1959 - Ford Y to Ford Popular 103E - were generically referred to as 'upright Fords'. They were tall, narrow, and had the transverse springs like the Model T. They were also known as 'puddle-jumpers' because they bounced erratically.

Many young people in the 1960s had an upright Ford as their first vehicle. They were cheap, reliable and easy to maintain.

They were replaced in 1953 (except for the 103E that continued as Ford's cheapest new car until 1959) by the three box 100E Fords which were much more modern and comfortable.
 
I had two Toyota Celicas, and '81 and an '85. I know I bought the '85, but don't remember if I or my folks bought the '81. I was in college when I got the '81, so I probably chipped in some, but they most likely paid the bulk.

toyota_celica_78_879_03.jpg


1985-toyota-celica-gt-70144-miles-last-year-for-22rerwd-scca-drift-track-1.jpg
 
Does paying out the nose to keep a car running that my father bought at auction for
$100 count? If so, it was a '71 Cutlas convertible in slightly better shape than the one pictured below.

71cutlassbefore22.jpg
 
The small Fords produced for the UK from 1933 to 1959 - Ford Y to Ford Popular 103E - were generically referred to as 'upright Fords'. They were tall, narrow, and had the transverse springs like the Model T. They were also known as 'puddle-jumpers' because they bounced erratically.

Many young people in the 1960s had an upright Ford as their first vehicle. They were cheap, reliable and easy to maintain.

They were replaced in 1953 (except for the 103E that continued as Ford's cheapest new car until 1959) by the three box 100E Fords which were much more modern and comfortable.

I'll take one.

How much is shipping, and can I combine shipping if I buy two?
 
original.jpg


Ford Escort mk1 GT.

Woof!

Ha! Me too. Wasn't a GT, though, it was a 1600E. Me and my mate Pete dropped a 2 litre engine out of a Capris into it. Loved those 80's Fords, all the engines were basically interchangeable.
 
Back
Top