What happened to all of the doom and gloom economic threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
you gonna post a picture???

Of who? Vette?

22151_ORIG-clint_eastwood_disgusted_gif.gif
 
are you jackasses still holding the fantasy that Obama is good?

Sure, Obama has taken the FBI and added NSA and crated the OBAMA KGB!

remember, Obama is listening to you!
 
EXCLUSIVE: Hidden camera catches wireless company employees passing out 'Obama phones' to people who say they'll SELL them for drugs, shoes, handbags and spending cash


The 'Lifeline' free-cell-phone scheme cost $2.2 BILLION last year alone, all of it from fees added to the phone bills of paying custome

rs
The biggest beneficiary other than low-income consumers is billionaire Carlos Slim Helu, whose TracFone has collected $1.5 BILLION to date

One company told MailOnline it will fire a salesperson who laughed uproariously when a woman said she would sell her phone to buy shoes
Conservative firebrand James O'Keefe sent undercover actors to pose as 'Obama phone' seekers aiming to sell the goods; no one turned them down
Legislation in Congress would remove the cell phone component of the program, which launched in 1984 and covered only land lines until 2008

By David Martosko In Washington

PUBLISHED: 02:01 EST, 18 June 2013 | UPDATED: 07:22 EST, 18 June 2013



'If you're interested in learning -- wanting to know how much the phone's worth, recommend you go to any pawn shop,' a Stand Up Wireless worker told an undercover plant

'If you're interested in learning -- wanting to know how much the phone's worth, recommend you go to any pawn shop,' this Stand Up Wireless worker told conservative activist James O'Keefe's undercover plant. 'They'll be more than happy to tell you, OK?'

Undercover video shot in May by a conservative activist shows two corporate distributors of free cell phones handing out the mobile devices to people who have promised to sell them for drug money, to buy shoes and handbags, to pay off their bills, or just for extra spending cash.


The 'Obama phone,' which made its ignominious YouTube debut outside a Cleveland, Ohio presidential campaign event last September, is a project of the Federal Communications Commission's 'Lifeline' program, which makes land line and mobile phones available to Americans who meet low-income requirements.

Lifeline was a $2.19 billion program in 2012.


Recipients most commonly demonstrate their need by flashing an Electronic Benefits Transfer card to verify their eligibility for welfare payments, or by bringing tax statements to a phone provider.


The phones' legitimate purposes include poverty-level job applicants' use as contact numbers for job interviews and emergency contacts for children of single parents.

But when James O'Keefe, whose Project Veritas is a perennial thorn in the side of progressive policymakers, sent an undercover actor into a Stand Up Wireless location in Philadelphia, the man's stated purpose was to buy drugs.

'Once you guys give me this phone, it's my phone?' he asked an employee inside a Philadelphia brick-and-mortal Stand Up Wireless location. 'I can, like, sell it and stuff?'


'Whatever you want to do with it,' the worker replied.

'So I'm [going to] get some money for heroin,' he offered.


The employee coolly responded, 'Hey, I don't judge.'


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...oes-handbags-spending-cash.html#ixzz2WZf6GK9Y
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
 
Jen just got the internet turned back on. Probably through the "obamaphone" program.


In her blog she said that she didn't benefit from the stock market rebound. I just figured she's poor as shit. Being unemployed will do that to ya.
 
Obamacare is starting to work.


Health-Care Inflation Rate to Slow Significantly
By Dan Mangan

Already sluggish health-care inflation is expected to slow down even more in 2014 as consumers, employers and the federal government continue looking to cut medical costs, a new report said Tuesday.

And the rate of health-care inflation-as distinct from total medical spending-could drop further in future years as the Affordable Care Act rolls out and employers and consumers pay greater attention to costs, suggests the report by the professional services firm PwC.

In 2014, the health-care inflation rate is projected to slow to 6.5 percent, according to the "Medical Cost Trend: Behind the Numbers" report by PwC's Health Research Institute. That's 1 percent less than the 7.5 percent inflation rate for 2013 that HRI projected last year.

After accounting for changes in health insurance benefit designs that drive down costs, the net growth rate of inflation next year is projected to be just 4.5 percent, according to HRI. The report based those projections on analysis of the large-employer market that covers around 150 million Americans.

The deceleration in health-care inflation breaks a historical pattern of increases in that inflation rate after a recession ends, and stems from "structural changes that are altering how and where care is being provided," the Health Research Institute report said.

"For an industry that until recently has consistently seen double-digit growth, the ongoing slow-down poses immediate financial challenges," the report noted.

"Total spending will rise with the cost of caring for the newly insured" as mandated by the new Affordable Care Act, the report said.

"But the rate of growth, which is based on unit cost, should remain at some of the lowest levels since the government began measuring national health expenditures in 1960."

Ceci Connolly, a PwC managing director and a leader of the Health Research Institute, added that, "From an employer perspective, slower rate of growth on health-care costs is good news."

Connolly said HRI's projection of lower health-care inflation confirms a trend first identified last year.

"A year ago, when we issued this report for the seventh time, we described what we thought was a 'new normal' in the health-care ecosystem. There was a slowdown in the rate of [inflation] growth," Connolly said.

"Round about 2008, 2009, it was the recession that was slowing down health-care spending, and we've seen that movie before," Connolly said. "There's a recession, then health-care spending slows down. The economy comes back, health spending pops, right back up again. That has not happened this time."

"The recession officially ended in 2009. And over and over again, our health care clients are saying to us, 'Things have changed: consumer are thinking differently, doctors are doing their jobs differently, health-care is being delivered in lower-cost settings."

HRI's report identified four "deflators" holding down health-care costs.

Among them is the increasing tendency among US companies to offer workers insurance plans with higher co-pays and deductibles.

"High-deductible plans have been rising steadily and will continue to do so," said Connolly. "We see behavior changing as a result of being enrolled in high-deductible plans."

"Cost-conscious shopping is happening increasingly as individuals are now paying more of their costs. It's their own money. When you're spending your own money, you make some different choices."

The other three deflators are: less expensive non-traditional care sites such as retail health clinics; the adoption of "high-performance" health-care networks by businesses seeking to control coverage costs; and a decline in hospital readmissions spurred by penalties under the ACA that penalize hospitals in the event of patient readmissions for certain conditions.

HRI said the use of retail clinics tripled in the past five years. Those clinics offer savings up to two-thirds of the cost of a visit to a doctor's office or hospital.

Connolly said the poor economy in recent years might have initially encouraged people to try a retail clinic for the first time, "because you didn't much money."

"But why are they continuing to go in larger and larger numbers? Yes, it's more affordable, but it's also more convenient, people like the experience."

"The health-care sector is way behind when it comes to customer services and the customers experience . . . the consumers are demanding change," Connolly said.

The institute said 33 percent of the businesses it surveyed in another study indicated they planned to partner directly with high-performance health networks, which offer high-quality care at lower prices.

One example is cardiac care offered by the Cleveland Clinic, which is being used by Lowe's (LOW), Boeing (BA) and Wal-Mart (WMT), the report noted.

(Read More: A Reason for Conservatives to Love Obamacare )

HRI said that while the "use of high-performance networks is still in its infancy . . . early data suggest the savings range from 10-25 percent off the total cost."

The HRI report also said it expects "hospitals will act aggressively in 2014 to ensure patients don't require a return trip" to the hospital after discharge, given the penalties for readmission that are set to increase under the ACA.

Connolly said that health-care cost savings in future years could be significantly driven by reduction of the 25 to 30 percent of waste that is estimated in the health system as a result of duplication and inefficiency.

"There are phenomenal opportunities for additional improvements, efficiencies and savings," she said. "But that transformation is going to take a long time."

The HRI report noted that the decline in the rate of health-care inflation was offset by two inflationary factors..

The first was a rise in the cost of specialty drugs, which the report said would push spending for drugs higher for the first time in several years. The report noted that while the use of less-expensive generic drugs "will remain high, there will be fewer new ones entering the market."

In contrast, by next year specialty drugs will account for up to 60 percent of new FDA approvals, "and seven of the top 10 best-selling therapies," the report said.

HRI also said that the ongoing consolidation seen in hospitals' continued acquisition of physician practices could drive up health-care prices by up to 20 percent in some markets.

The HRI's report's projection of an overall lower inflation rate is in line with the federal government's National Health Expenditure data, which tracks the inflation rate for all US health-care spending, not just spending related to large employers' plans.

In 1990, the annual growth in total US health spending was 11 percent, according to NHE data. That inflation rate was down to 7.6 percent in 2007, and 4.7 percent in 2008.

The rate fell to 3.9 percent for both 2009 and 2010.
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/healt...Rwc3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANob21lBHB0A3BtaA--;_ylv=3
 
Coal, Oil, Natural Gas Produced on Fed Lands at 10 Year Low

Less Than 4% of Applications Approved

Maggie’s Notebook

A new report from The Energy Information Administration (EIA) shows that total fossil fuel production (coal, oil and natural gas) on Federal and Indian lands is at a ten-year low. Obama continues his lies, damned lies and statistics.


The share of fossil fuels produced on federal lands has declined from 36. 1 percent in fiscal year 2003 to 27.6 percent in fiscal year 2012. Crude oil and lease condensate production on Federal lands was 18 percent lower in fiscal year 2012 than in fiscal year 2010 when it reached its peak of 723 million barrels. Source: Canada Free Press

The Office of the Inspector General (OIG) said it initiated an audit to, among other issues, determine if drilling requests on Federal lands were handled expeditiously. On page 6 of this report, in Finding 2, the OIG determined that the Forest Service had not approved oil and gas parcels in a timely manner. The report states that untimely approvals cost potential revenue loss. The word “potential” can be replaced with “real.”

The Forest Service and the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) are tasked with working together on issuing permits and leases. A 2001 Executive Order directing the expediting of drilling permits on Federal lands was amended by G. W. Bush in 2003. That amendment added a pipeline safety measure and created an Interagency Task Force to monitor and facilitate timely permits.

Here’s the problem – the Task Force includes:


…the Secretaries of State, the Treasury, Defense, Agriculture, Housing and Urban Development, Commerce, Transportation, the Interior, Labor, Education, Health and Human Services, Energy, and Veterans Affairs, the Attorney General, the Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency, the Director of Central Intelligence, the Administrator of General Services, the Director of the Office of Management and Budget, the Chairman of the Council of Economic Advisers, the Assistant to the President for Domestic Policy, the Assistant to the President for Economic Policy, and such other heads of agencies as the Chairman of the Council on Environmental Quality may designate;

In the October 16, 2012 Presidential debate, candidate Mitt Romney accused Barack Obama of cutting new permits and new oil leases for offshore oil and gas drilling by half. In fact, those permits and leases fell by more than half. Romney also claimed that domestic oil production on federal lands decreased by 14 percent. Obama said that “just wasn’t true,” but it was true. During Obama’s first term in office, only 1,304 new offshore leases were issued – a third of that of the G. W. Bush second term and a decrease of 61 percent.

Read more at http://iowntheworld.com/blog/#IFaDWY7cf6QvRpqD.99
 
Im sure you are all SEEING QUESTORS



original.jpg



Shared Sacrifice? Mooch’s Entourage Takes Up 30 Rooms Along With Her $3,300 Suite At Posh Five-Star Irish Hotel…




Update to this story.

Via Independent:


US PRESIDENT Barack Obama, First Lady Michelle and their daughters Malia (14) and Sasha (12) have touched down in Belfast this morning. The President is due to attend the G8 summit in Fermanagh, but his wife and daughters are to head south of the border this morning. [...]

And an array of prototype American Secret Service officers – complete with dark suits sunglasses and ear pieces – discretely kept a watchful an eye on arrivals and departures.

No expense has been spared in catering for the comforts of Mrs Obama and her party. It is understood she will stay in the luxurious €2,500-a-night Princess Grace suite.

It is understood a total of 30 rooms in the five-star, 265-bedroom hotel, have been booked for the visit of Mrs Obama and her entourage. During their stay in Dublin, Mrs Obama and and her daughters will visit Trinity College where they will view the Book of Kells.
 
Last edited:
Pretty much yeah. I would have thought this would have gone away by now but nope. It just keeps coming back!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top