Everyone on Trump's team is a sock puppet

I'm happy to repeat this, which is as true today as it was last week:

I don't mind if the Clinton foundation is put under scrutiny. It's not the one that was charged with malfeasance last week, though. The scrutiny of the Trump foundation stands on its own no matter what deflection/distraction from it the Trumpettes here or elsewhere attempt to do.

:)

^^^^^^^^^^Sock puppet^^^^^^^^
 
We are asked to believe that a FOX TV hostess did not anticpate that Trump would support his base, above everything. FFS, Trump travels to other nations to speak directly to his base, no matter the setting or situation.


:rolleyes:

gsgs comment- Sorry, not buying it. We are asked to swallow the idea that Trump is a real estate genius, one minute, and believe that he is incredibly dense. dense enough to miss a cue from his favorite fawning parasite ?


Did Hannity help Trump cook up this support and reinforcement of the base, during Trump's bedtime fairy tale ?
 
gsgs comment-


Alan M. Dershowitz served as Trump's sock puppet. Dershowitz chose self-willed blindness to the sewer of abuse, corruption, plunder, and rot. It was Dershowitz's choice to stand with Trump, knowing he would be standing against decency, humanity, and the law the protects the vulnerable.

This was not standing up for principle, it was standing with a force that is without principle.


Now, Dershowitz stinks like a sewer.

Members of his profession understand well, that there are filthy, sickening jobs, but someone has to do them. Access to the law is for everyone, no matter what. No exceptions, no matter how horrible the person is. That is the job, and the territory that comes with it.

Until we come to Trump. Trump is the line that you do not cross.Everyone, but the self-blinded knows what it is. This is the time, when it is expected, that all that respect the law, and its protections, will step back.

Dershowitz did not step back. Now, he's howling that he is shunned. FFS! There is no nobility in splashing in sewerage. The pretence that there is something worthwhile, hidden in the sewerage, is dishonest. It is all consistently sewerage.

Part of the blame can be placed on the media itself by allowing such hate speak to become normalized, which makes it laughable that when Maxine Waters called for us to stand up to this form of hatred, the hypocritical pearl clutches came out in force about being civil.

Fukk that. You cannot be civil to hate or promoters of hate. They have no place in our lives or social circles. Hate cannot occupy the same space as love, decency and respect.

So Alan, if you are being shunned, maybe you need to look in the mirror and re-evaluate your life.


https://www.dailykos.com/stories/20...showitz-But-Maxine-Does-Speak-for-A-Lot-of-Us


https://slate.com/news-and-politics...dents-civil-liberties-are-being-violated.html


Two big differences. Do not dare to claim that President Obama's response to an emergency, is the same as Trump's deliberate abuse and manipulation. Do not pretend that Maxine Waters did anything wrong, in calling for confrontation. You cannot turn a blind eye to Trump's evil mechinations. Trump's lies served the purpose of hate. When there is lawlessness, you cannot be a supporter.

We have seen evil, lawlessness, and hate combined, before.
 
gsgs, you might enjoy reading The Despot’s Apprentice. It’s unabashedly anti-Trump, well researched, over the top at times, and presented as a cautionary tale.
 
I do tend to go overboard. Then, again, the major news networks do normalize what remains abnormal and unacceptable. Trump has the major news networks serving as his sock puppets, too.


FFS, the networks reinforce what Trump wants them to. The Potemkin facade, is helped along- with seeming as if it were the real thing. If the networks were to point out the reality of the situation, there would be accusations of treason flying at network CEO heads, in no time at all.


Old expression comes to mind- "He has them over a barrel."



November 13, 2017


From the book, from “The Despot’s Apprentice: Donald Trump’s Attack on Democracy” by Brian Copyright 2017, Skyhorse Publishing.

(I have pared down the article, for Lit guidelines. There is a wealth of ideas, in the original excerpt.)

Statkevich looked me straight in the eye and said: “You don’t know how lucky you are. Never take your democracy for granted. You won’t realize what it’s worth until it’s too late.”


gsgs comment- The scarey parts!

American-style checks and balances are not imbued with magical powers; they are only as strong as those who deploy them when democracy is under duress. Physically, the U.S. Constitution is just ink on a piece of parchment. People, not institutions or documents, protect democracy. If the people allow democracy to wane, it will.



Democracy in the United States will not fade easily. But it could still fade, ebbing away bleak day after bleak day, until it’s too late. Well-established democracies like the United States don’t usually die with a bang. If authoritarianism is going to establish a beachhead on America’s shores, it will creep up on us, and democracy will die with a whimper.


The Founding Fathers of the United States anticipated that this moment would arrive. They designed a system built to withstand a divisive demagogue. They put checks and balances in place. They carved out a separation of powers that makes it difficult to consolidate power in a single person. But their enduring genius is being tested in ways they could not have anticipated.


Americans are split, and despots are most likely to emerge when the political or economic system — or both — fractures. As a nation fractures, it creates an opening that an opportunistic, self-interested demagogue can exploit. That opening now exists in America. Donald Trump is starting to exploit it.


https://www.salon.com/2017/11/13/of...-not-a-despot-but-hes-no-friend-to-democracy/

It is now, July 4, 2018

I would like to see what Brian Klaas has to say, now.

Trump has the Oval office, the Vice President, the House, the Senate, and now seeks to pervert the Supreme Court.

There is very little left of the lawful, orderly, healthy offices that Obama left in place. Trump and his alliance fucked with what they had access to.
 
No Democrats, allowed!


What are Trump's Sock Puppets doing over there, in Russia, talking nice with Russia that is conducting an ongoing cyber war against the United States of America ?

Seven Republican Senators met with Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov and other Russian officials, including former ambassador Sergey Kislyak.

John Thune (R-SD)
Ron Johnson (R-WI)
Richard Shelby (R-AL)
John Kennedy (R-LA)
John Hoeven (R-ND)
Jerry Moran (R-KN)
Steve Daines (R-MT)

July 03, 2018


Abby Livingston
Abby Livingston
@TexasTribAbby



U.S. Rep. Kay Granger, R-Fort Worth, is part of a Republican delegation in Moscow visiting with Russian officials two weeks ahead of a scheduled summit between President Donald Trump and Russian President Vladmir Putin.

The delegation, which includes seven Republican senators and Granger, chair of the powerful House Defense Appropriations subcommittee, met Tuesday with Russian Foreign minister Sergey Lavrov. Granger was one of 419 representatives who voted to impose new sanctions against Russia, Iran and North Korea in 2017 — a law that also gave Congress the power to limit Trump's ability to lift those sanctions, a story in the Texas Tribune said.

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/state/texas/article214305359.html

Granger’s office did not announce her visit to Russia, which will keep her and the other lawmakers away from the United States for the Fourth of July. She has not commented on the agenda or any conversations she’s been involved in.

Vanessa Adia, Granger's Democratic challenger in November, released a statement critical of Granger's trip to Russia.

"Like many Americans, I am deeply concerned by Russia's attack on our democratic process, and I am appalled that conversations about improving relations between the United States and Russia are currently occurring in Moscow without a bipartisan delegation," Adia said.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/pol...ng-russian-officials-ahead-trump-putin-summit


Steve Daines
@SteveDaines
·
17h
Hearing the sound of fireworks all around us, celebrating freedom

Steve Daines
@SteveDaines
·
17h
Fireworks over the Washington Monument and the U.S. Army Band and Stars and Stripes Forever. Proud moment

eve Daines
@SteveDaines
·
18h
What a treat to be in DC to celebrate the 4th and watch some great fireworks

Steve Daines
Steve Daines
@SteveDaines
·
21h
Happy 4th of July! Today is a great reminder of how blessed we are to call this amazing place home

Daines wasn’t actually posting from a Republican mock-up of America’s capital. His jet had landed in DC minutes before his post, and he actually did arrive in time to see at least some of the fireworks he featured in his tweet. Republican senators didn’t actually spend all of July 4th in Moscow—they split their time between the Russian headquarters and the US sales office.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/20...allet-in-St-Petersburg-and-meetings-in-Moscow
 
The first thing that Kreepy Kavanaugh did, was lie to the news camera


Brett M. Kavanaugh thanked President Trump for his nomination to the Supreme Court on Monday night. Almost immediately, he made a thoroughly strange and quite possibly bogus claim.

“No president has ever consulted more widely, or talked with more people from more backgrounds, to seek input about a Supreme Court nomination,” Kavanaugh said.


https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...bizarre/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.36b8c7e8d8d1
 
oopsie

A sock puppet forget its place.

Jennifer Arangio

She forgot to play the role of humble handmaiden, as Hope Hicks had done. She told them things, that they did not want to hear.

She has fought to correct misleading information about refugees and migrants provided to the president by Miller and the DPC


July 14, 2018

Trump Staffer Forced Out After Daring to Stand Up for Refugees


She’s … fiercely loyal to the president,”a former White House official told Politico. “She is a true believer in this president, and she took her role seriously to ensure he received the most complete and accurate information to make a decision.”

It was the “complete and accurate” part that may have done her in. Politico reports that her unfashionable commitment to pesky old facts put her at odds with some of her colleagues, most notably immigration hardliner Stephen Miller:

The former White House official said Arangio’s just-the-facts approach put her at odds with Miller, a top Trump aide who favors restricting immigration, and others involved with the Domestic Policy Council, especially on the issue of refugees.


But Bolton himself is not exactly known for his welcoming views of foreigners, or non-white Americans. And such a move would be consistent with a White House that not only views immigrants as an existential threat, but actively suppresses information that contradicts that xenophobic perspective, even if it’s delivered by an otherwise loyal member of its own team.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligence...orced-out-after-standing-up-for-refugees.html

Senior national security official who supported refugees ‘forced out of White House role’


Jennifer Arangio reportedly clashed with immigration hard-liners like Stephen Miller


Ms Arangio, a former lawyer, was charged with overseeing the NSC’s engagement with multilateral organisations and advised on US global humanitarian assistance.

Still, the former White House adviser described Ms Arangio as “fiercely loyal” to the president. She worked for months as the national director for women’s engagement on Mr Trump’s campaign, according to her LinkedIn page, and joined the NSC in January of 2017. She previously served as senior counsel to the House Committee on Homeland Security for eight years.


https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...-out-john-bolton-stephen-miller-a8447731.html

Original source for the information

The source of the info is provided by the usual faceless, invisible, "White House official"

(Why are they so afraid to face the camera and speak ? It is not as if they do not have permission to tell the public.)

gsgs comment-

Politico and the Hill have let me down, and disappointed me with their cowardice, so it makes sense, that they are not on Trump's shitlist, with Washington Post and New York Times.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/07/13/national-security-council-jennifer-arangio-ousted-719691


http://thehill.com/policy/national-...l-security-council-official-forced-out-report
 
Lindsey Graham Gives Up Integrity To Cover For Trump's Attacks On FISA Warrants


Face the Nation host Margaret Brennan just let Lindsey Graham say what he wanted, and did not challenge him, or give any serious pushback.



7/22/2018

Lindsey Graham-

"The substance of the dossier to this day is a bunch of garbage."



MARGARET BRENNAN: I'm pressing you on this because you have expressed some concern about the president's skepticism about his own intelligence community and this--

SEN. GRAHAM: This is completely different--

MARGARET BRENNAN: specific criticism of the FBI and Justice Department

SEN. GRAHAM: then whether or not the Russians interfered in our election -they did. The Carter Page warrant is whether or not the Trump campaign colluded with the Russians. I haven't seen any evidence of it but I think the president gets this confused. If you suggest that Russian-Russians meddled in 2016. He goes to the idea that well, I didn't collude with them. You didn't collude with the Russians or at least I haven't seen any evidence. But Mr. President they meddled in the elections.


They stole Podesta's emails. They hacked in the DNC. It could be us next, it could be some other power, not just Russia. Harden our electoral infrastructure for 2018. Mr. President, Dan Coats is right -- the red lights are blinking. Get your entire government, which is doing a lot of good work but nobody knows about it, sit down with Congress and the administration and you lead this nation to harden-hardening the 2018 election process before it's too late. Not just from Russia but from others.

Heather, author of article offers criticism-

Maybe we'd take him more seriously if his counterparts in the House didn't just vote to strip funding from election security.

Link to article and video clip-

WATCH: House Dems Chant 'USA!' As Republicans Strip Funding From Election Security

7/19/2018

GOP House voted, 217-199, to zero out election security funding. Minority Whip Steny Hoyer couldn't believe it: "Surely we can rise above pandering to party and Putin to act on behalf of our freedom and our security."

And House Democrats broke into chant of “USA! USA!”


https://crooksandliars.com/2018/07/house-dems-chant-usa-republicans-strip



Zac Petkanas

@Zac_Petkanas
What do the Russians have on Lindsey Graham

https://crooksandliars.com/2018/07/lindsey-graham-covers-trumps-attacks-page
 
The news about the tapes that Trump's former lawyer Cohen has, is in the Sunday papers. Stripper Stormy and Playboy model, Ms. Bechard are at the center of some very odd campaign contributions.

The sex scandals have not faltered, and now there is proof.

Are the squeaky clean Christians fed up with Trump, yet ?

"... it’s still not clear what role, if any, Cohen played in the Enquirer’s decision to buy McDougal’s story. “In the September 2016 conversation, Cohen and Trump were discussing a plan by Cohen to attempt to purchase the rights to McDougal’s story from AMI for roughly $150,000,” the Washington Post reported. “Trump can be heard urging Cohen to make sure he properly documents the agreement to buy the rights and urges him to use a check—rather than cash—to keep a record of the transaction.” As far as we know so far, the transaction between Cohen and A.M.I. was never completed."

Pecker and A.M.I. could be in trouble, because buying and killing the story on Trump’s behalf could be considered an undisclosed campaign contribution. “If one of the options was buying it”— McDougal’s story—“from AMI and AMI convinced them they didn’t need to buy it, that bolsters the argument that it’s a campaign contribution,” Lawrence Noble, a former lead counsel for the Federal Elections Commission, told the Post's Philip Bump.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-columnists/what-we-know-about-michael-cohens-tapes

FOX TV's Ed Henry and Southern Baptist pastor Robert Jeffress explain why Christians should pay no mind to Trump's use of campaign money used to pay off Trump mistresses, the stripper, the playboy model-

Ronald Reagan cheated, too.

Henry asked the Dallas-based pastor to respond to another minister who had accused Republican lawmakers of selling their souls by supporting Trump.

Well, look, nobody has sold his soul to support President Trump,” Jeffress crowed. “You know, this is not an unusual thing—we’ve been here before. Back in 1980, evangelicals chose to support a twice-married Hollywood actor who was a known womanizer in Hollywood. His name was Ronald Reagan. They chose to support him over Jimmy Carter, a born-again Baptist Sunday school teacher who had been married faithfully to one woman.”

"The reason we supported President Trump, uh, President, uh, Reagan, was not because we supported womanizing or divorce, we supported his policies,” Jeffress added.

https://splinternews.com/pastor-robert-jeffress-defends-trump-s-evangelical-supp-1827778923

http://www.philly.com/philly/column...-model-elliott-broidy-20180522.html?mobi=true
 
gsgs comment-

Now, we know why disgraced former Fox News executive Bill Shine was hired by the White House. Bill Shine has had experience with cover-ups, stonewalling, and evasion, because of his enabling and facilitating of sexual misconduct at Fox News.

Bill Shine was co-president of FOX TV news, before he "resigned." Now he is the White House communications director. Which put him in a position to shove CNN reporter Kaitlan Collins out of the photo-op event.

Kaitlan Collins did not toss scripted soft ball questions, dutifully jot down Trump's pronouncements, or meekly accept insults, like a good FOX TV slime-puddle. She was there at the Rose Garden to get news on behalf of all of the TV networks.She did her job, and asked the questions that are on America's mind.

/end gsgs comment

https://thinkprogress.org/donald-tr...ine-kaitlan-collins-rose-garden-3e1167c0874f/

On Wednesday afternoon Collins was representing all the television networks as the "pool reporter" in the room during a meeting between Trump and Jean-Claude Juncker, the president of the European Commission.

Later in the afternoon, the White House surprised the press corps by announcing a press availability with Trump and Juncker in the Rose Garden. It was said to be open to all press, not just the small pool.

A few minutes later, Collins was asked to come to Bill Shine's office. Shine, a former co-president of Fox News, is the new deputy chief of staff for communications. Shine and press secretary Sarah Sanders met Collins there.

"They said 'You are dis-invited from the press availability in the Rose Garden today,'" Collins said in an interview. "They said that the questions I asked were inappropriate for that venue. And they said I was shouting."

https://money.cnn.com/2018/07/25/media/white-house-kaitlan-collins-press-pool/index.html


CNN photographers were allowed at the second Rose Garden event, and CNN cameras were allowed at the photo-op, and crew. It was open to all press. But, not her.


CNN reporter Kaitlan Collins was banned from an open Rose Garden event after asking Donald Trump "inappropriate" questions about one of his not-a-hooker tapes with Michael Cohen. Journalists throughout the mediasphere immediately lost their shit, and started pressing on the not-a-hooker tapes. Hell, even the president of Fox News called it bullshit.

https://www.wonkette.com/07-26-2018

What Trump wanted, was to exploit the presence of and European Commission President Claude Juncker, just as he exploits any international figure of importance. Trump wanted to broadcast Trump propaganda, and counteract his last message to his base. There are many pitchforks waving in agriculture town. Trump's tariff war started a fire, that he had to personally attend, to smother. Hence, the closed meeting with Vets.

Trying to create as many spectacles, as possible, to.keep the fact out of the news- Hope Hicks lied, and Trump lied.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-turns-out-to-be-true/?utm_term=.5ccf8fd859db


Though such events are not typically intended to have a question period, reporters frequently throw out questions to see if Trump will respond, and sometimes he does.


https://www.alternet.org/news-amp-p...use-retaliates-against-cnn-reporter-after-she
 
Kellyanne Conway is the sock puppet, that has lasted the longest. She takes "breaks," but re-emerges. Sarah Huckabee Sanders is currently occupying the mouthpiece megaphone.

No matter who leaves, the revolving door, insures all sock puppets will return.

Even Omorosa .

It is not as if any actual harm will happen to Trump's image.

Meet the Press’ Plays Tape of John Kelly Firing Omarosa Manigault Newman

https://variety.com/2018/politics/news/omarosa-trump-john-kelly-1202902713/

Though, it is good to keep track



https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/10/...tion**Fsectioncollection**Fopinion-columnists




Democrats all but acknowledge Kavanaugh is headed toward confirmation to Supreme Court

August 10, 2018


https://www.washingtonpost.com/powe...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.024cbd7c6b72

After all, not all Democrats have hearts that are True Blue.
 
Sock puppet Sarah Huckabee Sanders earned her paycheck, and lied to the public.

At Hearing Break, Kavanaugh Spins Away From Parkland Dad

It has been filmed.

https://crooksandliars.com/2018/09/wow-kavanaugh-refuses-shake-hand-parkland

So much NRA money and Dark Money has been expended to help Kavanaugh reach the Supreme Court.

Kavanaugh could not risk being civil to Fred Guttenberg. But, Republicans harped on the issue of civility during the Kavanaugh hearing.


Mikel Jollett

@Mikel_Jollett
This is the defining image of the day.

Brett Kavanaugh sneers at a man (Fred Guttenberg) who lost his daughter (Jamie Guttenberg) in the Parkland school shooting.

This is who Brett Kavanaugh is.

2:22 PM - Sep 4, 2018
12.5K

https://crooksandliars.com/2018/09/wow-kavanaugh-refuses-shake-hand-parkland
 
Back
Top