What do you write on?

I find laptop keyboards annoying. I'm used to a full size keyboard and have been using them since before IBM XTs.

My keyboards wear out from hard use. I don't mind the letters rubbing off. I know where they are, but the keys themselves stop working. I just change to another full size keyboard and I'm ready to go again. I have two spare unused secondhand ones that cost me about £5 each. I could have had even cheaper ones but they wear out in months.

I tend to wear out laptops faster than the keyboards. Every time I've gone to pick up my laptop from wherever I've gone for repairs, they ask how many pets we have (two cats and a dog.)

I like the full sized keyboard idea. It would allow me to slide my laptop further down my legs so that I can read the screen without tilting my head to look through my tri focals.

Of course then I'd have to use a mouse. I've completely gotten out of the habit, I like my touchpad.
 
Didn't play that one but I had a Jenner version (the 1982 one not the 1996 one). I'm guessing the Thompson one also involved mashing the keys really fast.

Yep. Killed at least one keyboard. :(

Once jumped over 30 at long jump due to landing on the take off area. No way to save results in those days though. :(
 
Back
Top