HELP! poetry form

How hidden do you want it to be? If you're going to thread it through the poem unless you hi-light (and then it's not hidden!) nobody will notice without a hint! Often Acrostics get missed for what they are ........... I once did an Acrostic meets a Tritina that might be the sort of thing you need.
.

The message has to be related to the poem. Perhaps that was an important part I missed out. So if the message say, is about murder, the poem has to be about murder so there is a lead to follow.

I knew I forgot something.

My brain was empty from lack of practice but I think the blood is starting to circulate now. Thanks.
 
Heh. I knew you would know.
I didn't, actually. I knew what steganography was, which is essentially what bogus is trying to do (though only half-seriously, as he wants people to be able to figure out the message, so it's only half-concealed). I just googled that and poetry and ended up with the Sand/Musset correspondence.

Which is pretty wonderful, though. :rolleyes:

Poets. We're all, like, horny toads.
 
Nice one Tzara. That is the sort of thing I am thinking of.

I hope your boss realises you should be promoted and your pension enhanced. ;)
You must not read the papers, or the European press apparently doesn't mention that none of us Yankees have pensions. Or very few of us. Certainly not me.

But I am happy to say that I no longer have a boss (other than, of course, the wife) and so probably should be considered part of a kind of semi-landed gentry.

I'm curious about your project. Care to share some info about what you'd like to do?
 
The message has to be related to the poem. Perhaps that was an important part I missed out. So if the message say, is about murder, the poem has to be about murder so there is a lead to follow.

I knew I forgot something.

My brain was empty from lack of practice but I think the blood is starting to circulate now. Thanks.

You could make a challenge out of this ............. each person writes a poem and everyone else has to find the complete hidden message could be fun, a bit like a riddle me ree if you've ever heard of those :)
 
I'm curious about your project. Care to share some info about what you'd like to do?

The idea came about through a debate (drunken argument) with some friends (maybe ex-friends) over trite and banal word art. You know, those exhibitions with no art but a series of signs saying such things 'I am a senient being' or 'I am alive'. Well, my instinct is to respond by writing on the signs 'no you're not' and 'that's a matter of debate'. Anyway, those of us who were criticizing the banality of word art rashly said we could make a better exhibition using words that could engage the viewer. An acquaintance with a gallery said if I, we or any of us can come up with an innteresting idea or work for an exhibition, he'd put on the exhibition. The proviso is that there has to be a strong word art/conceptual content and it has to engage to viewer in more than reading a sign, rolling their eyes and moving on.

My idea is to create a series of poems with a didactic message associated with places around the city. These poems with be on signs around the gallery and viewers can take a booklet with the same poems and find places around the city using message in the poem. The viewer then should take a photo or make a drawing or simply write a sentence or two about the place where they believe the poem was about. People are then asked to stick the photos/drawings/ sentences on the wall around the sign they believe is to be correct.

Well, there are plenty of poignant places around Berlin to interest peope and to get them to ponder genuine deep and meaningfuls rather than manufactured deep and meaningfuls by people who take themselves too seriously.

Of course. The success depends on the poems having a certain level of quality, which is easier said than done as we all here know.:eek:
 
Last edited:
........we could make a better exhibition using words that could engage the viewer....My idea is to create a series of poems with a didactic message associated with places around the city....Well, there are plenty of poignant places around Berlin to interest peope and to get them to ponder genuine deep and meaningfuls rather than manufactured deep and meaningfuls by people who take themselves too seriously.

Of course. The success depends on the poems having a certain level of quality, which is easier said than done as we all here know.:eek:

This is an amazing idea. Regardless of who was correct in the friends/ex-friend/ argument, this idea takes poetry and engages the reader to actively process the content and then do something about it...rather than the quick fly-by of skimming words, nodding a head, and moving on.

Oh, and ps....not ex-Stasi, never been to Liverpool, do appreciate a good dose of nostalgia once in a while, but not Osi (?) though have been accused of ADD and OCD on occasions. :p
 
My idea is to create a series of poems with a didactic message associated with places around the city. These poems with be on signs around the gallery and viewers can take a booklet with the same poems and find places around the city using message in the poem.[ /QUOTE]
And if the stone glances off
Split didactics in two
Leave the color of the mouse trails
Don't scream, try between
If you choose
If you choose, try to lose
For the loss of remain come and start
Start the game
Never did understand what that word meant.
 
Yeah, it's still considered an acrostic.

The...
Cat...
Is...
Fat...

t...
h...
e...
c...
a...
t...
i...
s...
f...
a...
t...

even

The...
kit...
ten...
is...
a...
fat...
so...
 
Back
Top