2023 Poem A Week Proposal

Two questions for Angie:

1. I know the point of the challenge is to write something every week (or at least try to write something every week), but if someone wants to write more than one poem for a particular week, is that OK? (This would not be construed as "getting around" the weekly requirement, of course.)

I know someone could simply post additional poems in one of the other threads, but it might be simpler to just keep them together in the challenge thread.

2. I (and I assume others) might want to comment on poems in the challenge. Given that the challenge thread in which the poems are being posted explicitly states "poems only," where would be the preferred place to post comments? Here in the original challenge desription thread, in the General Commentary thread, or in a special thread for comments on this challenge (i.e. a new thread specifically for comments on this challenge)?

Two questions for Angie:

1. I know the point of the challenge is to write something every week (or at least try to write something every week), but if someone wants to write more than one poem for a particular week, is that OK? (This would not be construed as "getting around" the weekly requirement, of course.)

I know someone could simply post additional poems in one of the other threads, but it might be simpler to just keep them together in the challenge thread.

2. I (and I assume others) might want to comment on poems in the challenge. Given that the challenge thread in which the poems are being posted explicitly states "poems only," where would be the preferred place to post comments? Here in the original challenge desription thread, in the General Commentary thread, or in a special thread for comments on this challenge (i.e. a new thread specifically for comments on this challenge)?
Hi Tzara. Sorry I'm just seeing this now. Let me address your questions.

1. Funny I was just thinking about this earlier today as a poem was forming in my thoughts. We should all feel free to post as many poems as we want each week. I thought if I did come up with more poems I'd like them in the same thread. They're easier to find for me that way (I have a bad habit of forgetting poems I write here if they're spread across threads.). So yes, be prolific and post away.

2. I guess I wasn't clear enough in stating that this thread can serve as discussion thread for the challenge. But I trust your opinion so do you think I should post a separate discussion/feedback thread for the challenge? It probably would be better if that were in the thread title huh?

Lol I'm so discombobulated not having my regular user name. This one no longer has mod powers so I can't stick threads or otherwise fix forum issues that require moderation. I'm waiting for help from Laurel and Manu who may be on holiday atm. I'm frustrated!

🌹

I guess I wasn't clear enough in stating that this thread can serve as discussion thread for the challenge. But I trust your opinion so do you think I should post a separate discussion/feedback thread for the challenge? It probably would be better if that were in the thread title huh?
I think using this thread is fine, but a separate thread would work as well. Whichever you prefer. :rose:

Back