Writing Goal for the Day?

I wish

And why was there ICE on my windshield this morning???

Ice would have been slick (ha). At least it melts eventually, right? Instead, through mine, I had to look at idiots drive in the cold rain like they were pinballs being thrown to a high score.
 
Today I have to figure out just how much embellishment to detail is enough and when it's juuuuuuust right. :D
 
So now I'm working on R&B8, fixing up the time line and sequence of events and trying to write an argument. I can write those, but like this time, I sometimes find it hard to get a good starting point. It's hard to find that one thing that one character says to set the other one off. But I think I'm managing.
 
I had thought today would be a review day--and I have gotten a chapter of a Shabbu book reviewed, but I also had a short story insist on being written, so now I have another one of those for an anthology.
 
Than you'd been in a comma with my 35000 + a few weeks back! :eek:

Now I've done that at work, creating a manual for a piece of software nerds wrote specifically for the place. 8-10:30, break for 15, back until 1, then lunch, then write up until 5:30...everyday!

Talk about numbing...my mind AND ass both!!!!
 
Now I've done that at work, creating a manual for a piece of software nerds wrote specifically for the place. 8-10:30, break for 15, back until 1, then lunch, then write up until 5:30...everyday!

Talk about numbing...my mind AND ass both!!!!

How about coma - not comma. lol ----- Ooops. :eek

Yes, that would put you in a coma too. lol
 
Today I had to come up with some cruel and inhuman ways to kill men. I thought of several, but the more I pondered their depravity, I knew I could get worse. I came up with four incredibly horrible ways to die at the hands of men seeking sport in their deaths. The Highland games they play are a far cry from anything played today.;)

I am so liking this story to write. With so much going on, I never get tired of writing about the same crap over and over again. I think I like this 'kitchen sink' style of writing. I have so many genres to write in, it challenges me continually to keep the level of each consistent with the others.
 
It's Thursday night. I've got some wine, the hockey game is on, Mr. Tat came home early :), the kidlet's asleep, and . . . I'm stuck writing code for a ridiculous database.

All I need is a few hours to give my chapter a final read-through, and I haven't been able to find that time in close to a week.

Sigh.

Hope everyone else is having a better week.
 
It's Thursday night. I've got some wine, the hockey game is on, Mr. Tat came home early :), the kidlet's asleep, and . . . I'm stuck writing code for a ridiculous database.

Those are good things. :) I've got two kidlets, one late for bed which means the other will be, and Mr. Penn is taking a small break from work while desperately trying to retain tomorrow as a day off. I have my doubts. he's worked 10-12 hours every day this week.

All I need is a few hours to give my chapter a final read-through, and I haven't been able to find that time in close to a week.

Sigh.

Hope everyone else is having a better week.

I think I'm right there with you. Trying hard to revise R&B so that I don't have a lag; didn't realize I'd be revising so heavily, although I think some stuff can be used in different spots.
 
The muse is yanking my chain. I finished the first scene in my mother/son story (which was after I stopped to write a nasty BDSM scene with no story around it, it was just hardcore sex. so it went into the "fragment" folder) so now I'm done and thinking

"You know, this would make a good lead in to a regular erotic story, and I'm wasting it as a lead in to an incest story. I'm starting to try to think of a new intro.

I refuse to do it, my original visions almost always hold true, and right now I am envisioning the muse getting a smack in the ass and told to behave herself. I'd say my muse is like having a kidlet, but I envision her as being of legal age for a variety of reasons.
 
My plan for today (well, yesterday, now) was to do cleanup/final review on a Shabbu book. What I actually did was write chapter one of a habu book I had no idea before I got up this morning I'd be writing plus a Christmas short story a distribution site asked me this afternoon to write. Maybe I'll get back to the review tomorrow.
 
Actually made headway on R&B8 last night, perhaps that'll keep going. Poor Mr. Penn was up until nearly 2am trying to retain today off, but he'll still need to work a little this morning. Sigh. He needs a break.
 
Maybe after I calm down after a tramatic mall walk - My God people, it's Christmas, be in the Holiday spirit and freaking relax! - I'll get some superhero writing done, or maybe work on something erotic for the wife.
 
I'm looking for 1500 words on Desperate Measures 3. That should just about get me to the sex scene.

And I'm praying that my overworked editor gets DM 2 back to me by Monday.
 
Back
Top