Marvel: The Mutant Outbreak (OOC)

The Jeffinator

Super Saiyan Blue
Joined
Mar 13, 2005
Posts
8,365
UPDATE: We are currently only seeking females for this RP.

After Captain America went missing in 1944 and Dr. Abraham Erskine's lab was destroyed, all traces of the Super Soldier formula were lost. Over the years, many tried to replicate it, and most attempts ended in failure -- that was until early 2014, when Oscorp Industries developed a substance called the Oz Compound that eventually evolved into a mutant virus and was unleashed upon the world during a security breach.

The virus was dormant at first and undetectable, resulting in infected individuals in and around New York City unwittingly taking the virus with them to major airports and spreading it on a global scale. When forced into a heightened level of fear or anger, the virus would suddenly jump to life, mutating the genes of the host to a varying degree. Some only changed slightly, gaining superhuman powers, while others became incredibly dangerous monsters.

In the wake of this outbreak, our characters come together to fight for a common cause -- taking down the ones responsible. Prior to the creation of the virus, there were no mutants and there was no S.H.I.E.L.D. or Avengers. These come into existence as the story unfolds.

I will be playing Spider-Man as my main character, and I may bring in Wolverine or Quicksilver as a second. I will also be playing several characters as NPCs/villains.



Primary Character:

Spidey2_zpsdfd470d8.jpg


Name: Peter Benjamin Parker
Alias: Spider-Man
Age: 18 (almost)
Birthday: March 22nd
Hometown: New York City, NY, USA

Powers & Equipment

Enhanced strength, stamina, agility, and reflexes; adhesion to surfaces; slight precognitive sense; wrist-mounted web-shooters; utility belt under suit (w/ web cartridges, sticky trackers, micro-bombs, and other tiny gadgets)

Biography

Peter was born and raised in New York City. When he was about eight years old, he was in a car accident with his parents, Richard and Mary, from which he was the sole survivor. He was in a coma for about five weeks after the accident, and suffered minor memory loss. After he was released from the hospital, Peter went to live with his Uncle Ben and Aunt May.

Ten years later, the Mutant Outbreak became the number one subject in every major media outlet. In the weeks leading up to the outbreak, Peter discovered his father used to work with a group of Oscorp scientists consisting of Curt Conners, Reed Richards, and Victor von Hassen. He sought them out, did a little poking around, and ended up in a restricted area where he got bitten by a genetically altered spider and developed superpowers.

This started a chain reaction of events that led to the release of the Mutant Virus and the birth of new superheroes and villains.


Secondary Characters:

tumblr_n13fyoB21R1troj96o3_500_zpsbbae07ca.jpg


Name: Reed Richards
Age: 43
Hometown: Newark, NJ, USA



~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Curt_Connors_TASM1_zps164eef5c.jpg


Name: Curt Conners
Age: 42
Hometown: Coral Gables, Florida, USA



~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
7458-3_zpsdd9f53a9.jpg


Name: Victor von Hassen
Age: 41
Hometown: Hassenstadt, Latveria (raised in New York City)



~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
hugo-weaving2_zpsa872b775.jpg


Name: Norman Osborn
Age: 45
Hometown: New York City, NY, USA



~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
72-l_zps569bb15d.jpg


Name: Harry Osborn
Age: 18
Hometown: New York City, NY, USA



~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
James-McAvoy-X-Men-First-Class-2_zps11ef450a.jpg


Name: Charles Xavier
Age: 32
Hometown: London, England



~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
michaelfassbender-2_zps3f61b590.jpg


Name: Erik Lehnsherr
Age: 32
Hometown: Heidelberg, Germany (raised in London)
 
Last edited:
redwhiteblack.jpg

Name: Isiah Thompson
Birthday: July 4, 1915
Race: African American
Equipment: Twin Vibranium Sword Axes (Nicknamed Truth and Justice) forged by Isiah when he was in hiding in Wakanda.

be4d340451d6b2eb0e6342827cbc5ace.jpg

Vengeance, a custom built grenade launcher. He carries specialty rounds including incendiary, flash bang, solid slug and standard explosive.

grenade%20launcher%20y2%20mk1.jpg

Chain Mail armor.

Powers: Peak physical capability, Slowed aging, Skilled hand to hand combatant, expert firearms user.

In addition he can manipulate his skeletal and muscular mass by up to fifty percent and control the pigmentation in his skin. It's not precise enough to allow him to mimic specific individuals but it will fool anything shy of DNA or retinal scan.

Origin: Project: Rebirth begins as a collaboration between US, British and German eugenicists led by Dr. "Josef Reinstein" (real name Dr. Wilfred Nagel), and Dr. Koch. When World War II begins, Koch takes over the German program and Josef Reinstein takes over the American program. Each attempts to recreate the super soldier serum which had previously turned Steve Rogers into Captain America a year prior. Reinstein's early attempts to refine the formula are tested on African-Americans. Three hundred of these soldiers are taken from Camp Cathcart and subjected to potentially fatal experiments at an undisclosed location. Only five subjects survive the original trials. In the name of secrecy, US soldiers execute the camp's commander and hundreds of black soldiers left behind at Camp Cathcart. The government tells the families of the three hundred subjects that their loved ones had died in battle.

Due to field missions in Europe and internal strife, Thompson emerges the sole survivor of his test group. He steals a spare costume and a shield intended for Captain America before he engages in a suicide mission to destroy the Super-Soldier efforts of the Nazis at the Schwarzebitte concentration camp. There, he is able to assassinate Koch, but the mission ends when the Germans capture Thompson. Nazi interest in the American supersoldier is high; he is even brought before the Führer himself, who decides to dissect him in order to reverse engineer his powers and send the spare parts back to America as a message. Thompson manages to escape but not before learning of a secret society that has infiltrated every government on Earth and intends to use the Super soldier Serum in a quest for world conquest. Unable to know who he could trust Thompson disappeared.

He spent the rest of the war doing what he could for the Allies while making his way out of Europe and finally into Africa where he would spend years wandering before stumbling over the country of Wakanda and being taken in. He would spend the next seventy years training in Wakanda, learning their ways and forging his weapons returning just shortly after the outbreak started.

Considered to be the "Black Captain America", Isaiah Thompson is depicted as an underground legend among much of the African-American community in the Marvel Universe. Inspiring a number of impersonators throughout the Civil Rights Movement.



Funny, this would have been easier if I'd googled him sooner instead of trying to piece it together from memory. I barely tweaked this and it works better with your vision than half the stuff we brainstormed.

(I'm thinking maybe later we show that Isaiah did manage to make a trip or two during the 60's but only if we get far enough for an arc centered on him.)
 
Last edited:
Awesome bio, I also edited the intro post to include my bios. Though, I do want to point out two things; One: You gave him the last name of Thompson and then said Bradley; Two: If Steve Rogers took the serum a year before Pearl Harbor, that means it was in 1940 and not 1942, lol. That means he became Captain America a year before America entered the war, which means we can't use the war as a primary reason for Rogers wanting to enlist, lol.
 
I'll fix those. I literally read through the official bio a copy and pasted it with a few tweaks, I apparently didn't proof read quite as well as I should have.
 
John-Boyega-to-play-Jesse-Owens-in-Race.jpg

230486447_8e2c506f1c.jpg

Name: Thomas Hatchet
Street Nickname: Bonebreaker
Hero Name: Venom
Age: 19

Super Powers: Alien Symbiote, grants superhuman strength/endurance/agility/senses/stamina, Though it requires a living host in order to survive, the Venom Symbiote has been shown to be adept at fending for itself independent of a host. The Symbiote is capable of shape shifting abilities, including the ability to form spikes or expand its size, as well as mimic the appearance of other humanoids after it has obtained a host. The organism can additionally use its shape-shifting abilities to conceal itself by altering its colouration or by becoming completely invisible. It also contains a small "dimensional aperture," allowing its hosts to carry items without adding mass to the costume. The Symbiote also exhibits telepathic abilities, primarily when it needs to communicate with its host.

NOTE: As Venom has yet to make contact with Spiderman, has it yet to develop the spider powers that Peter Parker has, thus Venom in its current state has no spider powers and is thus mutating in a different fashion then the original. It can assimilate the powers of other beings, he has to maintain a small time frame of physical contact but once it is complete he can assimilate the power to his host, Thomas.

Regular Abilities: High School education (low), naturally intelligent but not well educated, high instincts, red belt in karate and a regular participant in the underworld's wrestling matches/tournaments, knows how to handle mechanics from simple clockwork toys to highly sophisticated cars, above average athletic capacities and has a slight photographic memory.

Weaknesses: The Venom Symbiote is vulnerable to fire and sonic waves, causing it great pain and exhaustion if it sustains enough exposure. Lone wolf tendencies, lack of trust to others, has a bit of a short temper and will react to violence with violence, he also will kill if he has to.

Peronality: Thomas himself is a bit of a wild child, he seeks to be free of the dark slums and take down the gangs and crime lords causing others like him such a dark and grief life, he will then make his own path in the world and ensure that he will never go back to the life of the slums. He doesn't want to be a thug, but has developed a bit of a short temper and physical skills needed to be one to survive. Blood has stained his hands a good bit, from either innocent victims or rival gang members, from other gangs and his own, thus he can kill if he sees no other way but to do so.
He is a kind person at heart, even though he covers it up with a cold and indifferent personality so does he discretely help others and attempt to make things better for others, and himself, as well. Thomas is a smart boy but he has a lot of lack in discipline, average education and other sophisticated social skills.

Description: 5'6" tall, well toned but not bulky in muscle mass, shaved head, dark skin, black tattoo of a wolf over his left bicep, a pair of green eyes, two claw like scars over his left cheek and around several other minor scars over his back, chest, arms and legs.
Appearance (Images): Human
http://usaherald.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/John-Boyega-to-play-Jesse-Owens-in-Race.jpg
Venom
http://nebezial.deviantart.com/art/venom-74826926

Background: Born of a hooker and left at an orphanage was Thomas life from start nothing but a bleak and dark gloom, even if he attempted to keep u pa good cheer with the few kind people around him was the world so dark and held no promises of a good future. It went even worse when at the age of fourteen he was taken in by the street gang known as the Black Wolves, one of the bigger gangs and you do not say no to a recruitment or your ass is grass, or buried beneath the grass.
He spent years being trained by other thugs into a proper little tool of violence and death, the gangs gave him one positive thing though, they sent their thugs to school. Not the bst of educations and the money ordinarily received by students were given to the gangs but still the education gave Thomas a view into possibilities and new ways to escape the pisshole he was living in.
Another thing the gangs did were enlisting their more successful and strong thugs into the Underworld arenas in tournaments and matches in mixed martial arts. Thomas had learned karate and wrestling from his thug teachers and with his cunning intelligence and instincts he made short works of most low rating enemies, he even managed to take down a professional wrestler hired in by another gang to make easy cash on the matches. Sure he had his own shares of bruises, cuts and broken bones but he fought, recovered, trained and learned, returning even stronger then before, intent on surviving and getting out of the streets.
He's currently in his last year at high school, the studies are kept at the same level but he sneaks off into libraries to learn more and even hitch rides into the richer parts of town to get a better look on books. But the balance of power between the gangs of the streets of New York was getting croaked, with a sudden rise of new gangs, old members killed off by younger members and leaders being replaced by hot shots with strange abilities was the slums slowly and steadily turning into hell on earth, even more then they were before.
Then one night as he was robbing a young woman in a dark alley came a small spec of light from the sky and struck a fancy looking car just a couple of feet away, the car was busted and the impact sent both him and his victim into a startled jump. The woman managed ot run off, her necklace broke as he had a grip on it, but she got away with it, pocketing the necklace the thug moved over to the car, it was expensive, most likely owned by a big guy's son or one of the crime lords, but its contents were too precious to leave alone. He got into the wreck and took hold of a hand bag, a wallet and several other packages inside the trunk before he went for the back seat and was engulfed by a black slimy goo, engulfing him before he could do as much as scream.
When he woke up he was lying on the ground of one of the parks in the area, he was covered by a pitch dark outfit, his mouth replaced with a gaping maw of teeth with a long flexible tongue, his eyes and nose gone as well, two large white glowing splats on his face was his new eyes and out of his back were several black tendrils growing. Then out of the back of his mind, a voice spoke up. "We can bring you the power you need to get out of these streets. All we ask, all we need, is for you to wear us in return." That was the start of an odd friendship between alien symbiote and human street thug.
Thomas began to act behind the scenes, fighting thugs, protecting innocents, killing the murderers and rapists of the streets, making everyone fear their own shadows as the invisible killed stalked them at night. For over two months has he worked alone amongst the streets, killing, protecting and guarding, while also improving his own ways by stealing cash from the thugs and others, his stash was growing and hopefully he would have enough soon to leave the streets, but first he had to clean things up, there would be no cruel and ruthless thugs left unmarked by him and he would place the heads of every bad gang leader and crime lord at the stairs of the police, he would purge crime from these slums, they were the vermin and he their Venom.
 
Last edited:
When I do the intro post, I'm gonna have a short reference to Peter seeing something on the news about a mysterious vigilante leaving heads of known crime bosses in front of police stations :).
 
Maybe there is some woman he saved from being raped and she's on the news describing him and she's like, "He appeared silently, ripped the head of the guy raping me, and then he looked at the body, said, 'I am the Venom that poisons the vermin,' and then he vanished with the guy's head." Or something like that. Maybe her testimony and others lead the media to labeling him "Venom."
 
I'd think it would have been more like this.

"This city is riddled with vermin that causes it to rot and decay, and We are the Venom that will remove the filth."

He refers to himself as we when in his Venom form.
 
Since I've never seen a character with both powers, what is the functional difference between levitation and flight?
 
Since I've never seen a character with both powers, what is the functional difference between levitation and flight?

think levitate is only they can levitate a few feet above ground and limited flight

i can remove that one and keep flight
 
You don't have to change anything, I was honestly curious. Cus I agree with your definition. Levitation is usually no more than a few feet off the ground and generally comes with "slow fall" attached so falling off shit is less fatal, but you can't fly away like Superman.

But damn near all heroes who can fly seem to be able to levitate because they aren't flying really. They are. . .doing something. Unless you're a hummingbird or certain bugs flying hovering in place is a bitch and three quarters but almost all heroes can fly backwards or just kinda hover in place if they like without it being considered a separate power.
 
You don't have to change anything, I was honestly curious. Cus I agree with your definition. Levitation is usually no more than a few feet off the ground and generally comes with "slow fall" attached so falling off shit is less fatal, but you can't fly away like Superman.

But damn near all heroes who can fly seem to be able to levitate because they aren't flying really. They are. . .doing something. Unless you're a hummingbird or certain bugs flying hovering in place is a bitch and three quarters but almost all heroes can fly backwards or just kinda hover in place if they like without it being considered a separate power.


i wasnt sure if those two abilities would be different or considered the same

found this

http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Levitation
 
i was going to list flight then add on to it the other abilities of flight

though he cant do supersonic flight
 
Levitate and Flight could be the same power depending on how you define it. For instance, in the movie Chronicle, they use telekinesis to levitate their own body, and after becoming adept at this, it becomes a form of flight. Iron Man can use his pulsars to levitate or fly depending on how much power he puts into them. Someone could levitate something using magnetic fields, and then simulate flight by causing a magnet to fly away either by an extreme force pushing or pulling.

If someone could only levitate, it would mean there were very clear limits on the energy that allows them to accomplish it. Or if someone could only fly, it would be like them being a rocket or something.
 
Though, I gotta say Knight, your character has a complicated name and seems a bit OP, lol. He has magic and flight and levitation and can teleport through shadows and super strength and super speed and super reflexes and is somewhat immortal and can regenerate to heal wounds and knows martial arts and has a lot of weapons and can generate barriers and he has astral projection. LOL. You might want to tone him down just a bit. The way you describe him clearly makes him the most powerful individual of the group and any villain that could hope to be a threat I would have to make essentially gods, lol.
 
In fairness to night he doesn't look on paper to be any stronger than Raven and we've never had a problem with her. Hell we've gone out of our way to get a Raven in the past.
 
since he is a magic user i was gonna list the elements he would be able to use but decided not to

and just keep it as magic blast

still editing
 
Unless he has a favorite element I probably wouldn't bother. If he does then I'd post it, or if he's limited in his spells somehow.
 
Back
Top