An Open Letter To _____

Person who wrote the hate-loaded op-ed at my public university:

Hey, thanks sincerely for making yet another space feel unsafe for queer students! You're right, we should be "cured" and just to make sure I'm tagging all your bases, trans rights are totally connected to human sexuality! Gender is totally a determinant for sexual interaction! I'm betting you're gonna pull out your "my dick gets hard, so I HAVE to put it in something" logic any second now. That's absolutely legitimate considering the march of your thinking - I think your sentence ever-so-delicately lined up heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality, "polygamous" (lol), pedophilia, bestiality, incest, and necrophilia into a "gender alphabet soup." I'm also gonna stake a generous bet on that het inclusion being entirely token and not really what you think at all.

You know, normally stuff like this rolls off of my back because I'm in an insular environment. I'm surrounded by WGS and English majors that devote a large portion of their time to critical theory. I forget that people like you float around - and sometimes infiltrate - in that insidious way that cozens people to accept hate speech as your protected right. It's unimpeachable, right? You're above criticism and reproach. Your ideas bear no argument, because to protest what you're doing is trampling over your right to say what you want. How nice that you get to express yourself freely. How unfortunate that you feel like "thought" and "expression" are areas that are being policed, that are in danger of disappearing. Because for the first time in my fucking adult life, I've gotten the opportunity to express myself in an atmosphere that accepts me. I don't have to pause before I talk about an ex-girlfriend and consider my audience. I don't have to flinch before I mention to someone that victims' opinions should come first in discussions of social inequality. I don't have to make room for people like YOU.

That really fucking bothers you. You're not even a goddamn student - you're an alumnus, somebody that attended in the 1980s. You're fucking obsolete. And this shit you're spewing, it's just the last gasp of somebody that should've never been pulled ashore in the first place.

T.

My public university's news publication:

It's hilarious that after the college's abysmal performance this year in improving diversity and inclusivity, you hide behind the flimsy barrier of "we publish all op-ed pieces!" Yeah, but on your fucking twitter feed, where you advertise everything, I notice you didn't include the drivel produced by the most bigoted employee on your fucking campus.

"Free publication." Right. When it's convenient. Speaking as someone that's received an email every other week for the past six months from the president of the university ("We're restructuring our multicultural officers! We're going to improve relations!! WE'RE DOING BETTER PLS NOTICE"), I don't think he's gonna throw you a parade for pissing all over his newly built house of glass.

:rose:
 
BM,

You're a dick! You've always been and I wish I had the strength to have said, "No more" so long ago. I shouldn't have let you do the things you did. I hope you're happy with her. I knew she was the wedge so long ago I knew the pattern you were following but I refused to acknowledge it until it was too late. I wonder when you'll get tired of her? Perhaps you won't. You've burned so many bridges now that there is not much left. You were never the person you said you were. Everything was a lie and I hope that one day karma will come to bite you in the ass so hard.
 
Dear Surgeon #2
Fuck you and your incompetence.
When I ask you - what’s the upper bound for what this procedure can correct - the answer should not be “I don’t know” how the fuck are you an expert??

When I ask - How do you not know this information - you shouldn’t be telling me in that condescending tone “You seem to have a lot of questions. Are you sure you want to go through with this procedure?”

We’re here to have a conversation about you cutting me open and sticking a thing inside of me. Hell yes I’m going to have questions!! It’s not an excuse for you to touch my knee or pull down my mask (do I need to remind you it’s still COVID??) to tell me in that disgustingly sleazy voice “Look, I just want to make you feel comfortable.”

How are you still practicing?? Your office forgot to call me back about my test results. And when you finally bothered to call me, you couldn’t even do it while in an office. You had to do it while biking? Just to yell over the noise “You’re a great candidate for this procedure, let me know when you want to schedule surgery, you’ll be in great hands!”

You still never answered my question. I’ve asked it four times now. I’d bet you never even looked at my chart. Cuz I have 3 other surgeons who have unilaterally agreed that I should not be doing the procedure you’re suggesting, especially because the upper bound of this tech isn’t sufficient to correct for my problem. And if you bothered to spend a few minutes looking up the manufacture specs, you would’ve seen that shortfall.

So. Fuck you. No you’re not coming anywhere near me with a scalpel. I found myself another surgeon that actually knows what he’s doing and doesn’t have a problem with me asking questions.

-Me


Dear me
Stop panicking. It’s not helping.
This is one of the lowest risk surgeries out there. You’ve done as much due diligence as reasonably possible. So let go of the things you cannot control

You are better than this. I expected better. Get a handle on yourself

Please just stop. Stop screaming. I really need my brain back. I need to think. I still need to coordinate with work for this. I need to sort out and apply for financing. And I need to work out the logistics of after care. I know how to do this if you’ll just spare me some brain cells. So stop. Please just stop running on that hamster wheel at a bazillion miles an hour so I can take control of the things I can control.

-Me
 
Dear Mom,

I'm sorry you lost your mind. I'm sorry you tried to kill me and my brother. I'm sorry you abused me my entire life and had the doctors thinking I would die three times. I'm sorry I hated my own life enough to try to kill myself numerous times.

I'm sorry you alienated my dad enough that he abandoned me to you at 6 and left me to be tortured. I'm sorry he hated you so much that he took it out on me as a teen. I'm sorry he abandoned me again at 20.

I'm sorry that I gave up so much of my life taking care of you when you could have cared less. I'm sorry I gave up my education, my hopes, my dreams and the few chances I had at having a family of my own.

However, I'm not sorry you're dead. I'm not sorry you're gone... because I'm free now, even though I'm seriously fucked up from all you did to me. I have so many problems... there's too many to count. I hope you are paying for the hell you put me through.
 
dear witch,

now, that I am looking at all the things with a distance, I can truly say you deserve even worse.

You were lying to pretty much everybody - your coworkers, friends, family including your parents ... borrowing money you knew before asking that you can never pay back (not with your way of life) ... telling stories and making promises to get even more ... telling lies with a fucking grin on your face, which made friends of yours lose everything!

You live in your own world, create your own stories. Tell them often enough so you believe them yourself and think, that others do it as well, even when they tell you the opposite.
You have completely lost touch with reality; sadly, you tried to teach your kids, that this is a lifestyle worth living, because lying and manipulating has gotten you that far.

But "that far" is just existing in your head, because everybody knows you and your poisonous kind.
You lost many of your friends (which of course was their fault, not yours) and your own kids are ashamed of you (which you still think is a lie, even if they tell it to your face).

You almost ruined my life, too.

We tried to help you several times in different ways. And even at this time you told nothing but lies.

I don't like to wish bad things to people, but may you one day wake up and realise, what you have done wrong ... and may you also realise, that there is nothing you can take back or do to change it, because it's too late.
You will see that you have lost everything and have to live the rest of your pathetic life with that knowledge!
 
Veroe or whom it may concern,

Will the writing challenge thread come back to life?
 
If memory serves (and it may not) it involved a prompt (verbal or imagery) around a theme that folks could submit to during a timeframe (usually a week or two, again memory is fuzzy).

It's been a long time since my shadow has darkened the doorstep of this place, so I may be misremembering.
 
The one I’m recalling was done by britwitch and yes was a visual prompt you had the month to write on it. Some great responses back then…
Also, greetings fr33k been a long time.
 
Here on the boards, there are contests on the story side, but for the most part those are often different writers.
 
Veroe or whom it may concern,

Will the writing challenge thread come back to life?

https://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=283539

It needs more inspiring prompts, instead of people trying to be clever and lead the next writer with three related words. The fun of the challenge is to relate the three different words, words that don't inherently fit. Everyone keeps throwing down three words that all fit. This limits the imagination and defeats the purpose of the challenge.
 
https://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=283539

It needs more inspiring prompts, instead of people trying to be clever and lead the next writer with three related words. The fun of the challenge is to relate the three different words, words that don't inherently fit. Everyone keeps throwing down three words that all fit. This limits the imagination and defeats the purpose of the challenge.
Oh, a good one, been a while since I've done this one.
 
The one I’m recalling was done by britwitch and yes was a visual prompt you had the month to write on it. Some great responses back then…
Also, greetings fr33k been a long time.

Greetings, Glad. Indeed it has.

https://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=283539

It needs more inspiring prompts, instead of people trying to be clever and lead the next writer with three related words. The fun of the challenge is to relate the three different words, words that don't inherently fit. Everyone keeps throwing down three words that all fit. This limits the imagination and defeats the purpose of the challenge.

This seems like a bit of a projection. The original post simply says "challenge words" but doesn't give any indication that they should be words that don't relate to one another.

Imagination by nature is only limited by the one doing the imagining. It seems the purpose of the challenge is simply to participate.
 
This seems like a bit of a projection. The original post simply says "challenge words" but doesn't give any indication that they should be words that don't relate to one another.

Imagination by nature is only limited by the one doing the imagining. It seems the purpose of the challenge is simply to participate.

Participation? That's not a challenge. That's kindergarten.
 
Yes I was thinking of the one where a picture was submitted and we had to create a story from it. Any genre. The word length was relatively short and we submitted stories in the thread. It was a fun challenge, yes it was Britwitch.




was this on the forum or through like, the regular stories?

https://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=283539

It needs more inspiring prompts, instead of people trying to be clever and lead the next writer with three related words. The fun of the challenge is to relate the three different words, words that don't inherently fit. Everyone keeps throwing down three words that all fit. This limits the imagination and defeats the purpose of the challenge.
 
Perhaps start your own challenge with those specific stipulations then? If you seek to elevate the sort of challenge, that venue is surely not the space to do it in.

What was that? I can't hear you from waaay up there on your horse. ;)
 
Back
Top