Finding the right RP partner…

BackwoodsMama

Krampus’ Sex Toy
I’m curious if anyone has tips or a method they find helpful in finding the right RP partner.

I have found general conversation to be helpful, as well as reading some of their past posts.

I’d love to hear how you vet a potential partner.

RP can often seem mechanical to me. If a partner is teasing and witty, a straightforward naughty conversation can take delicious twists and turns.

When i first started I read alot and saw whose style I liked. BUT dont just read one of the writers threads, read a bunch because they could just be emulating what their partner is writing but not actually write like that at all. (Ive had that happen)

I also started my own little idea thread to see who liked my ideas and who I could just play and flirt with. Because sometimes if its easy to talk with them its easy to write with them and makes it more fun to write with that person too.

Write out what you enjoy when writing roleplays. Do you want mainly plot or do you want mainly smut? Do you want a mixture, do you like to tease and edge before jumping to sex? Thats what I tell my writing partners. It weeds out those who dont want the style I write.

I hope that helps!

I’m curious if anyone has tips or a method they find helpful in finding the right RP partner.

I have found general conversation to be helpful, as well as reading some of their past posts.

Not sure just starting on the forums part of this site. I am glad this thread is here for learning purposes though.

let me see, I guess you’re looking for someone that is imaginativ, creative, seductive but not overtly crude who can stimulate your imagination and need to flirt raising the furnace within yet someone with arms to cosset you….

My advice is the same as Princesssexci's read through some stories in SRP and see who's style draws your attention and inspires you to create, can send a PM to them or post in the lounge an idea thread and wait for responders with like minded stories and styles in mind. or both? :) Welcome to Lit

Sometimes I find that it’s difficult to find a writing partner at all. I had taken a six year break from writing hereand when I came back, there weren’t near as many writers here as there used to be. It seems writers like to stick to co-writers they know and I totally get that, but it might be fun to give someone new a chance. The worst that can happen is you abandon the thread, which can suck, but it also maybe help inspire others to write with you. Just my $.02.

I’d love to hear how you vet a potential

Alot depends on what type of role-playing do you enjoy, if you have a specific Genre that you want to RP or a very strict set of requirements then you may find it will take time to find the perfect partner. If you are just wanting to RP and fairly free Minded like I am then starting up conversations can lead to finding someone.

Another thing I've found troublesome over the years: People who start a roleplay with you, then just up and disappear after only a handful of posts.
Not every one is on the same wave length. So many people come to a site like this because they have a week that they are free for themselves and they super active and then they disappear when they go back home to wives or Whatever the situation was.

Super frustrating for those that are really hoping they found the Long term RP Partner

I'm sure we could rattle off a list of things. The biggest is just not connecting/hitting it off. Can't agree on a scenario. Only one person puts in the effort. What really hurts is connecting and having amazing role play for a few days in a row and then they just ghost you.
I think 2 people can connect but rush into the RP and then if one person is a little bit too fixated on a specific genre it can make the other person feel they are just supporting someone's fetish and its not an equal friendship/team. But having an adult conversation explaining how you feel and if the other refuses to change then yes time to walk away. But there is always a right and wrong way to stop a RP if its not working

Ghosting...
Unfortunately it happens.
Sometimes life just happens and the person can not seem to either... get back to Lit... or get back into the writing mindset...
I have had it happen. I've been ghosted and I've done the ghosting.
One just has to accept that it may happen. Unfortunately.

For me, it's establishing a brief connection either by way of a back and forth conversation unrelated to the RP or by way of a voice or video call to make it more personal and less just another human typing on the other side of the screen.

Finding the right RP partner…​

Ah, the million dollar question. Being one who prefers to write detailed stories with characters, I haven't really found any compatible writers here on Lit. I did try and engage with some prompts but those who replied didn't stick around past the first or second post. I just assumed my style didn't fit here. I do drop in from time to time when things have gone stale on my preferred place to write and see how things are going. On any collaborative writing site, I know one has to go through a lot of chaff to find the gems.

Back