Pooh on Putin, Russia is dying!

amicus

Literotica Guru
Joined
Sep 28, 2003
Posts
14,812
Mot just the NObama regime, but all of Europe is at a loss as how to contain Putin, only Communist China awaits to pounce...

Some thoughts and stats...

"The Russian death rate in 2010 was 14.3 per 1000 citizens. For comparison, the US death rate in 2009 was 8.4 per 1000 .

The population of Russia peaked at 148,689,000 in 1991, just before the breakup of the Soviet Union. Low birth rates and abnormally high death rates caused Russia's population to decline at a 0.5% annual rate, or about 750,000 to 800,000 people per year from the mid-1990s to the mid-2000s. The UN warned in 2005 that Russia's then population of about 143 million could fall by a third by 2050

While the Russian birth rate is comparable to that of other developed countries, its death rate is much higher, especially among working-age males due to a comparatively high rate of fatalities caused by heart disease and other external causes such as accidents. The Russian death rate in 2010 was 14.3 per 1000 citizens."

http://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/news/russia-poisions-her-people

"Russia has the largest gap between male and female life expectancy in the world, 14 years, and their deaths have out numbered their births by such a wide margin for such a long period of time they have a serious declining population problem. If you look at their leading causes of death you might think Poisoning is the problem, but that doesn't even begin to tell the story. Russia's poison problem is Alcohol. The World Health Organization estimates that just 40% of school age Russians will live to the Pension age of 55-60, if something isn't done about the problem.

Some Russian doctors believe alcohol related diseases cause as many as 50% of Russian deaths between the ages of 15 and 54, making alcohol related deaths a key factor in their long term demographic forecasts.


“By some estimates alcohol was responsible for 500,000 deaths last year alone.
“Russian population is declining by one million per year…”

~~~

Georgia, Crimea, Ukraine…

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...russias-invasion-of-georgia-means-for-crimea/

“This is a guest post by University of Connecticut political scientist Stephen Benedict Dyson, based on an exclusive interview with Daniel Fata, the Pentagon official who coordinated the U.S. response to Russia’s 2008 invasion of Georgia.

The crisis in Ukraine has a recent precedent: Russia’s aggression in Georgia in August 2008. For an insider’s view on what happened then and what the stakes are now, I talked via e-mail with Daniel Fata, deputy assistant secretary of defense for European and NATO policy from September 2005 to September 2008.
Fata, who was the senior Pentagon official on duty supporting Defense Secretary Robert Gates as news of Russia’s invasion broke, believes that Putin was “never punished by the international community” for the aggression in Georgia. Crimea, Fata adds, “is in many ways a redux” of the August 2008 war. Back then there was a period of confusion as the conflict broke out late on a Thursday night when many senior officials were out of town, and there was no well-established U.S. or European position on the issue. “We were scrambling for information during these critical initial hours. My desk officer, who had great personal ties at the highest levels in Tbilisi, had the most usable real time information via texts from his friends in Georgia.”

Fata is suspicious of Putin’s claim that his intervention in Ukraine is limited in scope and designed to protect Russian citizens. Putin gave similar assurances to the United States over Georgia, Fata recalls. “He lied.” Putin’s intention all along in Georgia was to bring about the end of the government of President Mikheil Saakashvili, who survived in office but whose standing was weakened by the war. In Crimea, Fata is convinced that Putin’s ultimate objective is “to try and take Kiev if he can, and if the consequences aren’t too severe for him.”

The United States should have three goals in the current crisis, in Fata’s view: Russia must be deterred from attempting to advance any further into Ukraine; the United States must reassure its allies and partners in the region that their security will be guaranteed; and Russian gains must be rolled back. In Georgia, the United States achieved the first two of these goals, but to this day has not accomplished a roll-back of Russian gains. Fata believes achieving these goals is critical not only for Ukraine but for the credibility of U.S. policy in the region and around the world. “We cannot seem to be weak or hesitant. That doesn’t mean mobilize yet but it does mean we need to be resolute and have some form of an actual, executable plan for how we will shore up our allies.”

(I watched in interview with the former Secretary Gates, just last evening…he is even more convinced…)

~~~

The median life-span for Russian men of this generation, 47 years.

Russia’s birth rate below replacement values at 1.7 births per woman.

People leaving Russia, if they can, emigrating out and no one wants to migrate to Russia.

Some abstractions and drawn conclusions…

Attempting to bolster Russian National Pride by expansion and conquest, Putin is going virtually unchallenged by Europe and America as he begins to re-acquire former Soviet Bloc Countries.

Opinion… not just the collapse of the Communists, but the concept of socialism itself, are the root causes beneath population decline in Russia, Europe, the United States and Japan.

The concept of self sacrifice for the greater good is destructive of the individual human spirit and is reflected by apathy towards child bearing, family, and the future.

Another cause, which I will deal with later, is the rise of the independent woman seeking her own fulfillment in society, outside the traditional family foundation.

~~~

Countries at risk///

• Hungarian People's Republic
• Polish People's Republic
• Czechoslovak Socialist Republic
Socialist Republic of Romania
• German Democratic Republic
People's Republic of Albania
(to 1961)
• People's Republic of Bulgaria

USSR in 1939–1940[edit]
Main articles: Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact, Soviet invasion of Poland, Occupation of the Baltic states, Soviet occupation of Bessarabia and Northern Bukovina, Winter War and Moscow Armistice
In 1939, the USSR entered into the Molotov–Ribbentrop Pact with Nazi Germany[6] that contained a secret protocol that divided Romania, Poland, Lithuania, Estonia and Finland into German and Soviet spheres of influence.[6][7] Eastern Poland, Latvia, Estonia, Finland and Bessarabia in northern Romania were recognized as parts of the Soviet sphere of influence.[7] Lithuania was added in a second secret protocol in September 1939.[8]

~~~

The questions floating across the news around the world, in discussion and debate, is just how far Putin will go to regain those areas lost at the collapse of the Soviet Union and who, if anyone will attempt to stop him… and… how…

amicus
 
Hmmm... I am guessing I made the case too well, rational, logical, reasonable and documented to the point you can't find a single objection.

...and... it is rather a startling conclusion, flying in the face of contemporary thinking... hang in Libbies, you will catch up...

your amicableness...
 
Hmmm... I am guessing I made the case too well, rational, logical, reasonable and documented to the point you can't find a single objection.

No, you didn't actually make a case for anything, and whatever point you were trying to make is far from clear.
 
If you made a side-by-side comparison with every country in the world, I think you'll find that the US is still the best place to live despite your whining, I mean dissatisfaction.
 
You seldom if ever have anything of value to offer, and this, only an opportunity to correct your misapprehensions...

The United States of America is the only and the best place on earth to live. That I criticize the current malaise is an attempt to remedy it, not to mourn its passing.

In an abstract sense, the time we live in, is unlike any other, yet, life remains the same, the basic values never change.

But some aspects of our time, have never been realized before and understanding how technology and a greater understanding of all things, plus the instant ability to communicate and learn anything one desires, is undoubtedly new and just how it affects our future, is one of my most interesting pursuits.

We are the only nation on earth in all the history of time, to live free of Kings and Gods and Tyrants. I did not understand until late in life, how fearful most are of being free.

By free, of course, I mean living in a society that protects the basic human rights of life, liberty and property. The essential ingredients to acquire self esteem and individual values.

Not much of what I say makes sense to a generation that has never studied the history of America in t he context of all that went before.

The plague of collective living has always been with us in one guise or another, and to some, the attraction of all things being provided seems attractive.

Some never seem to realize that psychological maturity can only take place once one leaves the protective nest of childhood and sets forth alone. In our recent societal woes, children pass from parents to the welfare state and never assert their individuality in any way.

My conclusion is that that is not living, it is not life, it is but that of a zoo animal.

There are magnificently unique and special people in every race, ethnic group and both genders... and so very few that ever have the opportunity to express their exceptional abilities.

Only in America

amicus
 
"The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion." – Albert Camus
___________________________

"The fact is that the average man's love of liberty is nine-tenths imaginary, exactly like his love of sense, justice and truth. He is not actually happy when free; he is uncomfortable, a bit alarmed, and intolerably lonely. Liberty is not a thing for the great masses of men. It is the exclusive possession of a small and disreputable minority, like knowledge, courage and honor. It takes a special sort of man to understand and enjoy liberty — and he is usually an outlaw in democratic societies."

- H.L. Mencken
___________________________

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”

- Samuel Adams
___________________________

"On arriving in New York and resuming his place in the social life of the country, he was greatly depressed by the discovery that the principles of the Declaration had gone wholly by the board. No one spoke of natural rights and popular sovereignty, it would seem actually that no one had ever heard of them. On the contrary, everyone was talking about the pressing need of a strong central coercive authority, able to check the incursions which the "democratic spirit" was likely to incite upon "the men of principle and property"...Clearly, though the Declaration might have been the charter of American independence, it was in no sense the charter of the new American State"

- Alfred Jay Knock, Our Enemy, the State
(in re: Thomas Jefferson returning from France after being our minister there, 1784-89)

______________________________

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force."

- Thomas Jefferson


"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it to be always kept alive."

- Thomas Jefferson
___________________________

"Remember that a government big enough to give you everything you want is also big enough to take away everything you have."

- Davy Crockett
___________________________

"If the first amendment doesn't work, the second amendment will."

- Michael Badnarik
 

~~~

Thank you for sharing the link... two paragraphs...

"Poland’s democratic renewal began with truth-telling: the truth that Communism was sick; the truth that the Communist sickness had infected an entire country; the truth that the dead system of Communism must be buried so that the living could get on with “bearing fruit,” with building a society fit for human beings. That truth-telling set the foundations for everything else — including biting the bullet of serious economic reform as soon as the Warsaw Pact collapsed, a brave decision that created the conditions for the possibility of economic health in Poland ever since."

"Russia today is haunted by words that have been left unsaid, sites that have not been acknowledged, and mass graves that have been commemorated partially or not at all. In the years since the fall of the Soviet Union, there has been little attempt to understand the Soviet period or to draw inspiration from those, like Andrei Sakharov, who stressed that what Russian society needed was a new morality. The failure to face the moral implications of the communist experience, however, has meant that real change in Russia was not possible. The psychology of state domination was left intact to influence the new post-communist Russia."

~~~

"...Russian society needed was a new morality. The failure to face the moral implications of the communist experience,..."

Morality is, of course, sub division of Philosophy and I wonder why this writer did not go to the root of the problem instead of one of the symptoms?

That sickness he described still lives in the hearts of Union Members, and in the continual statement that la labor is reciprocity. Had he added the words 'free and mutual reciprocity...' it would have made more sense.


I remember from my radio daze of a story about coal miners in Ireland, or Scotland, memory fails.... a new worker, wanting to insure his job, produced twice as much coal as his fellow union workers.... that, of course upset the other workers who were goofing off half the shift, and infuriated the mine operators, who knew the labor force was not producing as it should.

ah well... time for NASCAR.... silly little boys go round and round... heh

amicus
 
We are the only nation on earth in all the history of time, to live free of Kings and Gods and Tyrants. I did not understand until late in life, how fearful most are of being free.

By free, of course, I mean living in a society that protects the basic human rights of life, liberty and property. The essential ingredients to acquire self esteem and individual values.

~~~

Oh? Well do educate us then?

tap tap tap

amicus

You think we live free of Kings and Gods and Tyrants but we don't. Our abortion and marriage laws are decreed by the Gods, our system of capitalism is ruled by tyrants whom you worship and we still have kings. We don't call them kings but Donald Trump is a King and Paris Hilton is a princess, a richer princess than nearly all who proceeded her at that.

You can yammer on all you want but you just believe things that are not true.
 
That is a stretch except for the most brainwash far left who believe that a free enterprise system is a threat to their oppressed way of life... and it is.

Others will realize the obvious jealousy you have for those individuals who are successful and become wealthy, something that never happens in a socialist regime, outside the rulers, of course.

There is also an intellectual dishonesty displayed by those who think they have a right to the labor of another human being. What moral justification can you offer that justifies taking from the wealthy to give to the poor?

None, is the answer. And if you do try to sugar coat your reasons, we all know it is only by the use of force, with a weapon, that you can get away with it.

Although it is against my principles, religious people happily tithe, or give ten percent of their wealth to help others. They do so without the use of force or coercion.

So, no, you did not and can not make your point, America has left the King s and Gods and Socialists behind; and prospered by it.

To be gained from this: all lefties hate successful people and they don't even know why.

amicus
 
ROFL. We don't hate success, we love it.

You cannot claim that the Kings of old are any different than our current kings and you made no attempt to do so. The only thing you do is instead of speaking of the Divine Right of kings you talk about the hatred of the peasants but it doesn't matter where a king gets his power from he still has it.

Of course there is a moral reason, the strength of the tribe must always ultimately be put over the the greed of the individual, when we don't do that we all die and it doesn't matter if you were that strong one or the weak one because we all go down together.

You can howl all you want, even your fellow righties refuse to touch this because they know you're wrong and what's more they love their kings.
 
~~~

Oh? Well do educate us then?

tap tap tap

amicus

Come now, you know the U.S. is neither the first nor the last republic formed in human history.

American exceptionalism is not patriotic.
 
Last edited:
~~~

Thank you for sharing the link... two paragraphs...

"Poland’s democratic renewal began with truth-telling: the truth that Communism was sick; the truth that the Communist sickness had infected an entire country; the truth that the dead system of Communism must be buried so that the living could get on with “bearing fruit,” with building a society fit for human beings. That truth-telling set the foundations for everything else — including biting the bullet of serious economic reform as soon as the Warsaw Pact collapsed, a brave decision that created the conditions for the possibility of economic health in Poland ever since."

"Russia today is haunted by words that have been left unsaid, sites that have not been acknowledged, and mass graves that have been commemorated partially or not at all. In the years since the fall of the Soviet Union, there has been little attempt to understand the Soviet period or to draw inspiration from those, like Andrei Sakharov, who stressed that what Russian society needed was a new morality. The failure to face the moral implications of the communist experience, however, has meant that real change in Russia was not possible. The psychology of state domination was left intact to influence the new post-communist Russia."

~~~

"...Russian society needed was a new morality. The failure to face the moral implications of the communist experience,..."

Morality is, of course, sub division of Philosophy and I wonder why this writer did not go to the root of the problem instead of one of the symptoms?

That sickness he described still lives in the hearts of Union Members, and in the continual statement that la labor is reciprocity. Had he added the words 'free and mutual reciprocity...' it would have made more sense.


I remember from my radio daze of a story about coal miners in Ireland, or Scotland, memory fails.... a new worker, wanting to insure his job, produced twice as much coal as his fellow union workers.... that, of course upset the other workers who were goofing off half the shift, and infuriated the mine operators, who knew the labor force was not producing as it should.

ah well... time for NASCAR.... silly little boys go round and round... heh

amicus

Note that recently Putin took up the mantle of the defender of Christiandom...

;) ;)
 
I'm genuinely confused as to why one would so gladly continue to be both repetitive and redundant by signing their name at the end of each post.

Just my opinion and thoughts.

JinSun
 
Girls%20and%20Guns%20Russian%20Hat.jpg
 
If you made a side-by-side comparison with every country in the world, I think you'll find that the US is still the best place to live despite your whining, I mean dissatisfaction.

Tell that to Sean
 
Back
Top