The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been advised ot start a "structured exercise" regime at the local leisure centre; by my Doctor (the cruel-hearted thing).
I ain't keen on loads of activity, but I guess I'm going to have to put up with it to stick around a bit longer.
:(

Rye, is it? Try a nip of this.

forty-creek-hero.jpg
]

And what do you like to read? :)

That looks delicious. I'll have to procure myself some. Last night I was drinking some High West Rye and it did me right. As well as the loooong soak in the tub. And the book. I'm reading The Passage by Justin Cronin. It's quite good. I have the sequel waiting for me and the third one coming out soon. And a stack of YA supernatural/post apocalyptic page turners to cleanse the pallet.

I've been advised ot start a "structured exercise" regime at the local leisure centre; by my Doctor (the cruel-hearted thing).
I ain't keen on loads of activity, but I guess I'm going to have to put up with it to stick around a bit longer.

What kind of structured exercise regimen? Simply walking can do wonders ...

Hiding in my car a bit for lunch, listening to the pitterpatter of the rain. Gym tonight...and yes, I remembered my shoes. I could use a cup of darjeeling tea right now.
"Listen to the rhythm of the falling rain...." Oh, was that just me?

I remember hiding in my car for lunch. I kinda miss those days.

Yes, please do. We want you to stick around a bit longer, too. And I agree with shea that just walking regularly can do wonders.

That looks delicious. I'll have to procure myself some. Last night I was drinking some High West Rye and it did me right. As well as the loooong soak in the tub. And the book. I'm reading The Passage by Justin Cronin. It's quite good. I have the sequel waiting for me and the third one coming out soon. And a stack of YA supernatural/post apocalyptic page turners to cleanse the pallet.
Hmm, that does look good. I'm debating what to fill my flask with for the big celebration I have on Saturday. Right now, I'm thinking JD or spiced rum.

"Listen to the rhythm of the falling rain...." Oh, was that just me?

I remember hiding in my car for lunch. I kinda miss those days.

Yes, please do. We want you to stick around a bit longer, too. And I agree with shea that just walking regularly can do wonders.

Hmm, that does look good. I'm debating what to fill my flask with for the big celebration I have on Saturday. Right now, I'm thinking JD or spiced rum.

If you want to mix some coke in there, I'll bring some over and join you. ;)

If you want to mix some coke in there, I'll bring some over and join you. ;)

That's the plan. ;) See, soda and wine are free on Saturday. We're bringing the hard stuff to mix with the free coke.

Of course, you'd be more than welcome as well. It's a formal event and I'd love to see you all dressed up....

I had to go for my pre-employment physical yesterday. When they put me on the scale I was immediately depressed. Now I'm trying to convince myself that I like alfalfa sprouts.

Alfalfa sprouts? Saxon, I was under the impression those were banned in your part of the world. ;)

What kind of structured exercise regimen? Simply walking can do wonders ...

Oh, I have earmarked Walking (as if walking the dog) as being beneficial.
I haven't a clue about what sort/type of 'structured exercise regimen' but I'll take expert advice on the subject. Just don't ask me to jog or buy expensive footwear.

Thank you for those kind words.

I had to go for my pre-employment physical yesterday. When they put me on the scale I was immediately depressed. Now I'm trying to convince myself that I like alfalfa sprouts.

Are they the same as "Brussels Sprouts" ?

I used to have a few- regularly.
Every year, at Christmas.

So if the eyelids and muscles around both of my eyes are twitching, does that mean it's time to go to bed? But I don't wanna! I might miss something!

HP:

Jog in place for five minutes.

Then do twenty push-ups.

Then do twenty sit-ups.

You might be surprised at the outcome after only a few weeks. ;)

Then up the ante.

So if the eyelids and muscles around both of my eyes are twitching, does that mean it's time to go to bed? But I don't wanna! I might miss something!

That happens to me all the time . . . . but then, I have Tourette's Syndrome. Your reasons may vary. ;)

Miss something...? This is the Naked Party. What are hoping to... catch...? :)

Hey guys! any coffee about? I'm a bit late this morning, although I suddenly rushed out of bed when I realised I had forgotten to put the bins out as I swept in from London in my chariot with the gold-hubbed wheels.

John - that clip of Steve at his author event was hilarious! (*Hug* for Steve.)

anna - do we get a peek at those piccies from the plane? Do they include shots of your new heels and boots in the plane by any chance?

Saxon - I too had no idea they grew alfalfa sprouts in the Valley of Death where the meanest motherfuckers hang out. I'm so delighted to hear that something does grow in the shadows there.

Willie - I hope this encourages you rather than makes you feel like going back to cigs - I had another I'm so glad I no longer smoke moment. I used to think I would miss sitting at a little pavement table in Paris with my cafe au lait, my croissant, my copy of Proust's A La Recherche and my trusty Sullivan Powell sub rosa cigarettes. As Piglet and I were leaving our hotel, a man came down in the lift with us, cradling a cup of tea he had brought from his room. He stood in the freezing cold outside, clutching his tea and gasping desperately on some scuzzy cheap ciggie which he obviously couldn't bear to wait any longer for. We were in a miserably cheap hotel in an area of London which is so notorious that I wouldn't set foot outside in hours of darkness, so it was in no way a romantic smoking venue. But that's smoking in reality - not a bit romantic and black and white movies, just smelly and desperate.

HP, the thing to do is to build exercise into your life as a regular fixture. Some people do manage to make the gym part of their routine (even if they sometimes forget their shoes :rolleyes:) but it's easy for this to slip away if you have a week when you had a cold, and then people come to visit. Walking to the shop each day to fetch a paper, or do a bit of grocery shopping, is better because you go back to it if there's a break in routine. Doing exercise as a sociable thing is also good - if you have someone you go to the gym with, or play badminton or a little cricket with regularly, you make sure you go so as not to let them down. Ask your enthusiastic GP about any Healthy Living walking groups in the area - many local authorities have started organised activity regimes as part of a push to make people healthier and less expensive in the long run for the NHS.

Shea - that eyelid thing is because you are an exhausted mommy. It will take two or three days to pass off probably, mine do. :heart:

When the GP asks if I do regular exercise I just laugh and say: I have a piglet. I think the best training I got for child-rearing was the rugby, which taught me a good hard hand-off and how to tackle a fast-moving person at the knees and bring them down in the mud properly - without them falling on my head.
:D

Alfalfa sprouts? Saxon, I was under the impression those were banned in your part of the world. ;)
I think they might be. I looked all over the store and couldn't find sprout one. I ended up buying baby spinach.

Are they the same as "Brussels Sprouts" ?

I used to have a few- regularly.
Every year, at Christmas.
No. Brussels sprouts are like tiny cabbages. Alfalfa or bean sprouts look like freshly sprouting grass.
Saxon - I too had no idea they grew alfalfa sprouts in the Valley of Death where the meanest motherfuckers hang out. I'm so delighted to hear that something does grow in the shadows there.
LOL Naoko. Looks as if I'll have to find a sunny spot to grow sprouts. Can't buy shit in these stores that can't be bar-be-qued.

Uh . . . no. Alfalfa sprouts are like little daffodils without the petals. I only find them in snobbish sandwich shops around here.

Decent description. When I lived in Colorado I could buy sprouts all the time at the store. Not here.

Sunny spot? That doesn't sound much like the Valley of Death!

What you need is a bean sprout growing jar. It's just a glass jar with a perforated lid - you can prolly make one, or you can buy a posh one online. You get the beans in expensive packets and shake them with water in the jar, put it in a sunny spot and in four or five days you have sprouts.

Best to buy the beans in a special pack. I once had the idea that it would be cheaper to buy them and mix them myself but I guess I ought not to have bought hemp seed. :D I think it had been treated so it wouldn't grow very well *snigger*. I really only bought it because it was cheap - naive MILF strikes again!

Baby spinnach is often actually beet leaves. I have no idea why they call it spinnach instead of baby beet leaves. I always wonder if it has iron in it too, or if that's just spinnach. Anyway, I'm sure it's better for you than barbecued evil spirits.

:nana: (Bananas are also very good for you.)

Frigging sinuses. C'mon, I've got a big day tomorrow and can't afford this crap right now.

Thank you for those kind words.
I'm only being honest with you.

anna - do we get a peek at those piccies from the plane? Do they include shots of your new heels and boots in the plane by any chance?
Sadly, my new heels (rich red) and boots were in my luggage, so no pictures of them on the plane. If I ever figure out how to post pics here, my glorious Cascades will be online.

I think they might be. I looked all over the store and couldn't find sprout one. I ended up buying baby spinach.
Nothing wrong with baby spinach instead of sprouts. At least that gives you flavor and some nutrients.

Baby spinnach is often actually beet leaves. I have no idea why they call it spinnach instead of baby beet leaves. I always wonder if it has iron in it too, or if that's just spinnach. Anyway, I'm sure it's better for you than barbecued evil spirits.
Baby beet leaves are supposedly fairly rich in iron, so yeah, they'd be just as good for you. They're probably billed as "baby spinach" instead of "baby beet leaves" because it sounds better. ;)

Frigging sinuses. C'mon, I've got a big day tomorrow and can't afford this crap right now.

I'm only being honest with you.

Sadly, my new heels (rich red) and boots were in my luggage, so no pictures of them on the plane. If I ever figure out how to post pics here, my glorious Cascades will be online.

Nothing wrong with baby spinach instead of sprouts. At least that gives you flavor and some nutrients.

Baby beet leaves are supposedly fairly rich in iron, so yeah, they'd be just as good for you. They're probably billed as "baby spinach" instead of "baby beet leaves" because it sounds better. ;)

That's great to know about the baby beet leaves. I've always wondered.

Posting piccies is easy - TXRad showed me how. Along with some other tips ;). You add them as an attachment (see below the Submit Reply buttons), then click on the link for your piccie in your not yet submitted reply and put that in as a piccie link. Does that make sense? Sorry, not the most technologically minded - tee hee hee! (I have to keep up the image, dahlink!)

I am really sorry about the sinuses, I suffer too. I had to put off my hospital appointment to take the Piglet to London so I still don't know if they can do anything about mine. I've tried steaming and saline stuff and all sorts, and I have to say nothing helped but it's worth a go, I guess.
:rose:

Noooooo! I've got the beginnings of the stupid cold my family passed around. :(

Good morning Duchess, Anna. I'll take a REALLY strong coffee please. Glad it's Friday, but needs something for that extra push.

Noooooo! I've got the beginnings of the stupid cold my family passed around. :(

Good morning Duchess, Anna. I'll take a REALLY strong coffee please. Glad it's Friday, but needs something for that extra push.

You need lemsip, not strong coffee! Poor thing, get in some good movies for the weekend and curl up with lemon-y drinks.
:rose:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back