The "Fuck you cancer!" thread

Ahem, SW, my friend, there is a thread dedicated to honoring our individual tastes in drink and C_in_C has frequently registered her pleasure there. Check it out.
Ahhh, I seldom visit the nightcap thread. Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

(I knew she had good taste... just didn't know if she'd had the pleasure of MM in the past. It never fails to amaze me how many bourbon drinkers are *not* familiar with it.)

Ahhh, I seldom visit the nightcap thread. Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

(I knew she had good taste... just didn't know if she'd had the pleasure of MM in the past. It never fails to amaze me how many bourbon drinkers are *not* familiar with it.)

Drop by sometime soon. The liquor is good, the variety is wide and deep, and the conversation can sometimes be stirring as well (though I do miss the frequency of posting from back when LilyBart was active).

Yeah...What Deeeege said!

And you'd better listen to him,

'cause he's KING around these here parts!!

*points fickle-finger-of-doom at cancer*
FYC

Exactly. Whoever posts the most insults to a disease is God's instrument on the temporal plain!

Look out, cancer. We're coming for you. I have royal robes. And a bejeweled sceptor, which may or may not be a reference to my penis after a bizarre glitter incident.

Fyc

Was going to slip in to loudly proclaim my hatred, voice my most vitrolic words I can summon. Then, I paused, I thought, and I refuse to waste my time on this anger which has consumed me for nigh on 10 years. Refuse to cry over the losses of loved ones, the journey it has taken me within over the past 12 months. It failed to devour me, and it wont now, I refuse to feed its' hunger any longer than I have to. I can certainly support each and every word expressed in these pages, send my thoughts, my spirit of healing to each one who suffers this insidious intruder's wicked touch.

I say *fuck you, cancer*, but you are not getting any more from me. You have taken enough.

The story of life lived...two Uncles lost to cancer, my darling Father to lymphoma, my Mother a survivor of bowel cancer (diagnosed six months after Dad died), the all too numerous friends. Last year I was introduced to the aftershock of hearing those most fateful words, nothing like telling your child on the night before her birthday that you have cancer...but I was fortunate...so damn fortunate, I am clear of it's clutches for now. Funny how they never teach you how to live with the guilt of surviving....

Bandit, my heart and spirit go out to you and Mr Gil...I am so pleased to hear that his operation went well. Big hugs to you both. :rose:

To all who are fighting this arsehole usurper, I wish you strength in your battle, resolve to stand strong and love to surround you throughout your every day and spirit to light the path when it is at it's seemingly darkest. :rose:

Heart Spirit Mind = Strength

Started rads and chemo yesterday. No, or very little nausea noted with the chemo, but I had taken the pre-chemo anti-nausea med 30 minutes before as recommended. This morning, felt a tad bit queasy (but that's not really all that unusual for me in the morning) so I took the after-chemo anti-nausea med.

Radiation this morning was kind of cute. After it was over, the technician came to get me out of the mask and help me up from the table and asked how it was. "Boring." "Boring? I've never had anyone call it 'boring' before!" "I took a nap."

Got my fingers crossed that it stays on this course, while doing the job they (chemo and rads) are supposed to do.

And oh, yeah: FYC!

Started rads and chemo yesterday. No, or very little nausea noted with the chemo, but I had taken the pre-chemo anti-nausea med 30 minutes before as recommended. This morning, felt a tad bit queasy (but that's not really all that unusual for me in the morning) so I took the after-chemo anti-nausea med.

Radiation this morning was kind of cute. After it was over, the technician came to get me out of the mask and help me up from the table and asked how it was. "Boring." "Boring? I've never had anyone call it 'boring' before!" "I took a nap."

Got my fingers crossed that it stays on this course, while doing the job they (chemo and rads) are supposed to do.

Yay for (relatively) easy treatments! I hope it continues to go so well for you. :rose:

FYC, brothers and sisters of the Church.

Excellent! I like the idea that Cancer will someday soon only be found in boring n nap worthy threads.

:rose:

What anti-nausea med are you taking? (If you don't mind my asking).

FYC

What anti-nausea med are you taking? (If you don't mind my asking).

FYC
Zofran (ondansetron) pre-chemo dosage.
Compazine (aka Stemzine, Buccastem, Stemetil, Phenotil brand names; prochlorperazine maleate generic) post-chemo as needed.

Was going to slip in to loudly proclaim my hatred, voice my most vitrolic words I can summon. Then, I paused, I thought, and I refuse to waste my time on this anger which has consumed me for nigh on 10 years. Refuse to cry over the losses of loved ones, the journey it has taken me within over the past 12 months. It failed to devour me, and it wont now, I refuse to feed its' hunger any longer than I have to. I can certainly support each and every word expressed in these pages, send my thoughts, my spirit of healing to each one who suffers this insidious intruder's wicked touch.

I say *fuck you, cancer*, but you are not getting any more from me. You have taken enough.

The story of life lived...two Uncles lost to cancer, my darling Father to lymphoma, my Mother a survivor of bowel cancer (diagnosed six months after Dad died), the all too numerous friends. Last year I was introduced to the aftershock of hearing those most fateful words, nothing like telling your child on the night before her birthday that you have cancer...but I was fortunate...so damn fortunate, I am clear of it's clutches for now. Funny how they never teach you how to live with the guilt of surviving....

Bandit, my heart and spirit go out to you and Mr Gil...I am so pleased to hear that his operation went well. Big hugs to you both. :rose:

To all who are fighting this arsehole usurper, I wish you strength in your battle, resolve to stand strong and love to surround you throughout your every day and spirit to light the path when it is at it's seemingly darkest. :rose:

Heart Spirit Mind = Strength

I'll get angry for you, EM.

Thanks for sharing this. I know you don't post often, but I'm glad you posted here.

FY,C.

So, headed back up to the backside of BFE for days 3-7 of radiation (30 days, 5 days/week) and days 5-9 of chemo (42 days, 7 days/week, and then probably another couple weeks after that).

I don't know if my VA-provided living quarters for the time I'm up there even *have* internet access, and if so, if it's sufficiently filtered that I can't even get here. If they do have 'net, but filtered, I should still be able to get e-mail out and perhaps pass on a message or three through folks with whom I already have e-mail correspondence going, just to let y'all know how things are going, and any amusements I might want to pass on ;)

If they don't have 'net, or it's so heavily filtered it's threatening that I lose what's left of my mind, next week I'll pick up a hotspot from AT&T and get my *own* damn access, because I just can't leave y'all on your own without my wit and wisdom for that long a time :rolleyes: (And to be honest, y'all give me a lot of emotional support, and every little bit of it helps, tons!)

Ciao for now...

And oh, yeah: Fuck YOU, Cancer!

So, headed back up to the backside of BFE for days 3-7 of radiation (30 days, 5 days/week) and days 5-9 of chemo (42 days, 7 days/week, and then probably another couple weeks after that).

I don't know if my VA-provided living quarters for the time I'm up there even *have* internet access, and if so, if it's sufficiently filtered that I can't even get here. If they do have 'net, but filtered, I should still be able to get e-mail out and perhaps pass on a message or three through folks with whom I already have e-mail correspondence going, just to let y'all know how things are going, and any amusements I might want to pass on ;)

If they don't have 'net, or it's so heavily filtered it's threatening that I lose what's left of my mind, next week I'll pick up a hotspot from AT&T and get my *own* damn access, because I just can't leave y'all on your own without my wit and wisdom for that long a time :rolleyes: (And to be honest, y'all give me a lot of emotional support, and every little bit of it helps, tons!)

Ciao for now...

Hey SW, I don't pop into this thread very often, but I'm always thinking of you and YK. Good vibes for your upcoming treatment. And lots of hugs all around. :rose:

Sir W, will be thinking of you. Give that cancer a beating and come back to us cancer free xxxxx

I have a fight song. It doesn't have lyrics or a tune yet, but it has a title:

"Fuck YOU, Cancer!"

Definitely!

I love their cover of this song, and the message.

So I tweaked the chorus just a bit:

"I get knocked down
But I get up again
You're never gonna keep me down.
[F.Y.C!]
But I get up again
[F.Y.C.!]
But I get up again
You're never gonna keep me down."

Positive GL beaming while you are sequestered and protected from smut, and from the miscreants on is board!

Hey SW, I don't pop into this thread very often, but I'm always thinking of you and YK. Good vibes for your upcoming treatment. And lots of hugs all around. :rose:
Thanks for dropping in to a not-always exciting locale, and for the good thoughts and vibes for us. As for hugs... well, hell, those are welcome ANY time! :) :rose:

Sir W, will be thinking of you. Give that cancer a beating and come back to us cancer free xxxxx
I'm working on that beating thing. Funny thing, I think it was Saturday that one of the cable stations was running a Lake Placid (1, 2, 3) marathon, and my mental image right now is of punching, shoving and kicking Mr. C. off the end of a Lake Placid pier to give the crocs something to think about - and munch on! :p

Definitely!

I love their cover of this song, and the message.

So I tweaked the chorus just a bit:

"I get knocked down
But I get up again
[F.Y.C!]
But I get up again
[F.Y.C.!]
But I get up again
You're never gonna keep me down."

Positive GL beaming while you are sequestered and protected from smut, and from the miscreants on is board!
Thank you, DGE, and I hope you know that every bit of the positive beamings, thoughts, prayers, vibes, etc., that come this way is reflected on to you and yours. Neat thing about that: When it's reflected and passed on, it multiplies, you know?

Same here, SW.

As for someone else I know... there's a 90% chance they won't live to see the weekend.

I might have two funerals to go to in a couple weeks if that's the case.

tumblr_inline_mh7z9evheW1qz4rgp.gif

Fuck you cancer.

Same here, SW.

As for someone else I know... there's a 90% chance they won't live to see the weekend.

I might have two funerals to go to in a couple weeks if that's the case.

tumblr_inline_mh7z9evheW1qz4rgp.gif

Fuck you cancer.
Thank you, KP, and while at this stage, it's doubtful my antenna can do much for your friend/relative, I hope it can at least help ease things, and also ease your pain and grief.

Ciao for now...

Give 'em hell, my friend.

Back