Valentines Day

I've been married for 31 years! My wife will tell me if she finds what I do and do not do wrong.

I do not need a Romeo status. I find this day a total money grab. Why would YOU need to be so romantic ONE DAY OF THE YEAR, because Hallmark and jewelers say so?

You want to be romantic, give her a flower on a rainy day.
You want to be romantic, send her cookies or a teddy bear after she calls you to tell you she's having a bad day.

Yeah, Valentine's Day purchases show you're a Romeo alright :rolleyes:

Awwww...

Now "a flower on a rainy day" and a friggin' "teddy bear after she calls you to tell you she's having a bad day"?

Damn, Uncle Romeo Doublespeak - Valentino his own self ain't got nothing on you.

It's always sweet when a mischievous prick results in such a ridiculously defensive reply that a bozo can't help but to utterly self-prove what a true loser he is...

...as, naturally, his stock with many GB progressive women rises even higher.

attachment.php

I used to hand make VD cars- doilies, construction paper, pinking shears, with notes tucked into hidden pockets. All seems rather pointless at this time and place.

I know that it's a cliche that flowers are the perfect gift, but am I the only one who hates getting flowers? One flower - yes; a whole bouquet - it makes me feel odd, for some strange reason. Plus I forget to change the water, so they die after a few days.
I'd rather buy them myself when the mood strikes, so that looking after them doesn't seem like such a burden.

I know that it's a cliche that flowers are the perfect gift, but am I the only one who hates getting flowers? One flower - yes; a whole bouquet - it makes me feel odd, for some strange reason. Plus I forget to change the water, so they die after a few days.
I'd rather buy them myself when the mood strikes, so that looking after them doesn't seem like such a burden.

Brunette "I just got these dozen roses from my boyfriend."

Blonde "Wow, they're pretty."

Brunette, "Yeah, but now I'm going to have to have my legs open all night."

Blonde, "Why, you don't have a vase?"

Brunette "I just got these dozen roses from my boyfriend."
Blonde "Wow, they're pretty."
Brunette, "Yeah, but now I'm going to have to have my legs open all night."
Blonde, "Why, you don't have a vase?"

Lmao good one.
But continuing on that note - my mom hated getting flowers because my dad would typically buy the largest and cheapest bouquet from the supermarket. Needless to say, they weren't that fresh and they would die in a couple of days.

Recently, I asked a friend of a friend who is a florist about Valentines Day and she explained why you should NEVER buy roses for VD. Instead of being cut a day or two before as they usually are at any other time of the year, it can be up to a week or more as it's simply not possible for the growers to grow and cut the huge number required for that one day. So, as well as a price increase, the blooms don't last as long. She went on to explain that it's mainly walk-ins that buy roses from her on the day as she will have already gently "guided" her regular customers towards other just as beautiful, and longer lasting flowers.

Recently, I asked a friend of a friend who is a florist about Valentines Day and she explained why you should NEVER buy roses for VD. Instead of being cut a day or two before as they usually are at any other time of the year, it can be up to a week or more as it's simply not possible for the growers to grow and cut the huge number required for that one day. So, as well as a price increase, the blooms don't last as long. She went on to explain that it's mainly walk-ins that buy roses from her on the day as she will have already gently "guided" her regular customers towards other just as beautiful, and longer lasting flowers.

Shouldn't you have popped this golden nugget of playground awesomesauce on us days ago then, wannabe?

Back