Star City- The Heroes of Tomorrow OOC

Just curious

Since the communication towers are up again, wouldn't the whole team have heard Venom confessing his foul-up to Artemis?

Also Lunar

Would you terribly mind if in Venom's fight to keep comms active, that I bring in sonic weapons?

Unrelatedly, Tertius, I think whenever Venom meets the Peter Parker and Miles Morales of this universe, Venom should say "I killed The Black Spider," and Miles should get confused and flip out in him. "The Hell does that mean?"

Venom slowly blinks those jagged whites that serves for outward eyes, "More spiders? I thought our arachniphobia ended when we killed the Black Spider..."

Heh

Yeah it could totally work. Fun times

I am totally cool with you bringing in Sonic weapons. As for the message to Artemis, I am ok with saying that the comms have a private message function. Seems like it would make sense that Bats comms would have a way to talk to only specific people when teaming up. I could go back and have Nightwing say so when handing them out.

Alternatively maybe they don't and Venom just reached out to her because he needed to. Sure everyone hears but in his grief and what not maybe that doesn't click in Venom's thought process. I am cool either way.

Just curious

Since the communication towers are up again, wouldn't the whole team have heard Venom confessing his foul-up to Artemis?

Also Lunar

Would you terribly mind if in Venom's fight to keep comms active, that I bring in sonic weapons?

It would be nice if the whole team heard it.

Means that Arrow will know about the mess-up before Fellicity can tell him, that they know the given job is done and of course on a sub-level of the plot line, know that Venom seems to have a thing for Artemis...or did he just follow logic since she was the last one he heard of?

Fun!

Taking from Nevyn's post. Just think how weird it will be if your cellphone suddenly started talking in your pocket and you take it out to see the radio function activated and a speech is transmitting over it.

Also with the comm towers up and running, a part of Gotham will receive the message as well.

Now I can sit back and relax, writing up a nice Venom fight

Do you guys remember the old radio show The Shadow? There was also a movie back in the 90s starring Alec Baldwin. Been thinking about starting a thread about a sort of new generation Shadow. But I wonder how he would fit within the DC universe?

The Shadow, like Zorro, was one of the inspirations for Batman.

In DC history, at least the one with which I'm most familiar, The Shadow would most likely have been a contemporary of The Crimson Avenger, deeply respected as the first costumed hero in pre-Flashpoint continuity.

I saw it in theaters!

I never knew it was a radio show before that until I talked with an old guy in the theaters. Sometime after, I went through kind of a voice-acting phase, and there may still be snippets of my voice in a short Shadow radio play when I was briefly in college.

Last edited:
I saw it in theaters!

I never knew it was a radio show before that until I talked with an old guy in the theaters. Sometime after, I went through kind of a voice-acting phase, and there may still be snippets of my voice in a short Shadow radio play when I was briefly in college.

I would LOVE to get into some kind of voice acting but I've never been able to figure out how. And it's not just me who thinks I should, like everybody who hears my voice thinks I should do something with it.

I think I might PM you some idea stuff Chas, if that is okay. I'm thinking that the modern shadow wouldn't just be one person, but siblings. A brother and a sister. Maybe two sisters. They manage to master the discipline and go totally invisible, but the brother follows in his grandfathers footsteps and has a dark side, goes off the deep end for a while, gets redeemed by his family. but can't make his shadow invisible, because of his dark side. What do you think?

I would LOVE to get into some kind of voice acting but I've never been able to figure out how. And it's not just me who thinks I should, like everybody who hears my voice thinks I should do something with it.

I think I might PM you some idea stuff Chas, if that is okay. I'm thinking that the modern shadow wouldn't just be one person, but siblings. A brother and a sister. Maybe two sisters. They manage to master the discipline and go totally invisible, but the brother follows in his grandfathers footsteps and has a dark side, goes off the deep end for a while, gets redeemed by his family. but can't make his shadow invisible, because of his dark side. What do you think?

PM me whenever you like, but it seems like you've got a pretty good foundation for things!

Do you think it would be a group thread?

PM me whenever you like, but it seems like you've got a pretty good foundation for things!

Do you think it would be a group thread?

How would you like to play my little sister? God that sounds really dirty given where we are posting. And it SHOULDN'T! But...yeah anyway.

I'll be happy to post a thread to gauge interest.

Hey, Lunar?

I'm thinking of doing a little montage of reactions around the country to Supergirl's speech, as kindly broadcast by Jaime.

Would it be okay if I included little moments of Barry and Diggle in there?

How would you like to play my little sister? God that sounds really dirty given where we are posting. And it SHOULDN'T! But...yeah anyway.

I'll be happy to post a thread to gauge interest.

I'd be interested!

But I need to rewatch the movie to refresh my memory; it's been a long, long time.

Yeah thats totally fine. I think last I saw Diggle he was out cold... Have to double check.

Hey, Lunar?

I'm thinking of doing a little montage of reactions around the country to Supergirl's speech, as kindly broadcast by Jaime.

Would it be okay if I included little moments of Barry and Diggle in there?

Yeah thats totally fine. I think last I saw Diggle he was out cold... Have to double check.

Yeah, that's right.

I figured I'd have a snapshot of him holding an ice pack or a steak on his face, looking grim and tired at a picture of his daughter.

Last edited:
Pretty certain the resemblance was super intentional.

Death of The Endless was one of my very first female crushes, and seeing Felicity done up in essentially Death cosplay is just... breathtaking.

Back