What happened to all of the doom and gloom economic threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slobdownsouth's, mercMORON's, MorbidlyObseTroll's love interest is buying gold. :cool:
Not to be outdone, George Soros and his funds boosted their investment in the SPDR Gold Trust by 49% to 1.32 million shares, while Louis Moore Bacon acquired 1.8 million shares in Sprott Physical Gold Trust (ARCA:pHYS) last quarter. This echoes moves by other fund managers like Julian Robertson into the metal, mining equities and exchange traded products that track it. Even PIMCO's Bond King, Bill Gross, has urged investors to begin buying precious metals.

First, many of these managers have piled into the metal as more of an insurance policy. In an interview with Newsweek, George Soros thinks that the current global economic situation is worse than during the Great Depression as "riots on the streets of American cities are inevitable."



Read more: http://www.investopedia.com/stock-a...ou-gld-au-phys-vig-gtu1219.aspx#ixzz2GHLTHSW5
 
HOPEY-CHANGEY: Consumer Confidence Plunges, Unadjusted New Homes Sales Slide To Lowest Since February. Forward!

I blame SandyBush
 

%7B53697A69-05B6-4C17-9831-3C3452075CD4%7D12212012_obama_elephant_article.jpg


“The bottom line is that President Obama has already revealed himself to be unchanged by the election and by the last two years of stonewalling by the Republicans. He still appears to believe, at best, in a milder version of orthodox Republican fiscal conservatism – an approach that would be a fitting starting position for a right-wing politician in negotiations with an actual Democrat. Moreover, he still seems to believe that the Republicans are willing to negotiate in good faith.”

So Obama is a Right wing Socialist?
 
You're a lousy poker player, aren't you? The debt limit has been raised some 80 times, proving its uselessness in limiting government spending, but it can be used and no doubt will be used to wrest concessions on entitlement reform from the President and his socialist party.

So threaten to wreck the economy for all of America in exchange for concessions? Yet you'd blow your top if the Democrats used that kind of tactic, hypocrite.
 
Last edited:
The Democrats are doing exactly the same thing. They do it all over the country.

Nope, not in the slightest. In no way are the Democrats saying "here, we're going to do something that we all agree will wreck the economy unless we get our way". You're just making things up.
 
Come on Vette, spin it baby, SPIN IT! You're here every week bitching about jobless claims being too high under Obama and now they're lower than any time since long before Obama took office. Where's you go?

Vette?

You out there bro? :rolleyes:

Last week's data included an unusually large number of states that had to estimate their claims figures because of government office closures for Christmas, the Labor Department said. California and 13 other states provided their own estimates, and the Labor Department estimated figures for five other states.]:rolleyes:


MADE

UP

NUMBERS:rolleyes:
 
Last week's data included an unusually large number of states that had to estimate their claims figures because of government office closures for Christmas, the Labor Department said. California and 13 other states provided their own estimates, and the Labor Department estimated figures for five other states.]:rolleyes:


MADE

UP

NUMBERS:rolleyes:

Even if it's 360k per analysts' expectations it will still be close to the 4.5 year low.
 
Bull fucking shit, that Obama's whole economic policy.:rolleyes:

So you think Obama, who was just up for reelection, was trying to destroy the economy? That's really what you believe? :confused:

Regardless as to whether or not you approve of their economics, the fact is the Dems are doing what they think is best for America and its people. That's the complete opposite of threatening to bring down the whole economy with debt default that NOBODY thinks is good for America. If you don't understand the difference you're even more lost than I thought.
 
So you think Obama, who was just up for reelection, was trying to destroy the economy? That's really what you believe? :confused:

Regardless as to whether or not you approve of their economics, the fact is the Dems are doing what they think is best for America and its people. That's the complete opposite of threatening to bring down the whole economy with debt default that NOBODY thinks is good for America. If you don't understand the difference you're even more lost than I thought.

Put yourself in Vetty's shoes for a moment.

He HAS to believe that, his only alternative would be to face reality.

"Facing reality" is something the bitter, aging white male population appears to be singularly unable to do.

Avoiding reality allowed him to cling to the fantasy that his cyber conquest Karen Kraft did NOT have a penis, long after everyone else accepted they'd been fooled.

Vetty is a sad old man who has carved out a space in the Fox News reality distortion cocoon. He'll live there the rest of his days, too frightened to face the real world.

I almost feel sorry for him.
 
The tune is tired, and we have to hear it for at least four, but probably twelve more years. Uggghh.

:rolleyes:

Lord have mercy.
 
Sorry I had to take a few friends out to breakfast, and hit the car wash.

It took you a full hour to do both breakfast with friends on your dime AND give your jalopy a bath? Then you immediately gunned it back home just to get back online with the swiftness? You that pressed, ain'tcha?

Car wash couldn't have been shorter than thirty minutes at best, including the round trip to and from the joint. That leaves you with a thirty minute window to travel to and eat the most important meal of the day with people you care about.

Where'd you treat your friends for a breakfast that quick, McDonald's?

mcdonalds-breakfast2.jpg


Breakfast of champions, I guess.

tumblr_mdns33XjG31qgfax7.gif
 
Stocks rebound from fiscal cliff worries
The Dow comes back from a loss of as many as 151 points after a new bid to avert tax increases and spending cuts emerges. Jobless claims fall, but consumer confidence sags.
 
I don't live in your backward state, the car wash is automatic and takes about 15 minutes max. I'm in and out as far as Lit goes. I don't read all posts at one sitting, and if you'd check my posting times this morning, you see I was absent for at least three hours or more, but thanks for your Deputy Dog investigative report.

Your last post before Merc's call out to your Dr. Livingstone ass: Today, 02:42 PM

(this is the time stamp on my end)

Merc's post just after that one: Today, 02:44 PM

That's two minutes after. Your eyeballs had to have stayed peeled on the screen then, cuz you're that pressed to save face.

Your next post directly answering Merc's call out: Today, 03:37 PM

Full hour.

Guy, possessing leisure is a sign of not being stressed or pressed. You can go do your fifteen minutes of car wash, but if you can't sit back and enjoy a real quality restaurant sit-down meal with friends for at least an hour before needing to jet back in order to yap some more on the internet, that's some fucked up shit. And a lousy-assed breakfast.

ifDQILWRytszm.gif


Enjoy that Happy Meal for lunch, though! :D
 
Looks like this thread needs another happy dust pic. When I find one I'm bombing the hell out of this thread. BTW, what's the deal with Armey and his use of a gun at a tea party meeting? Weird story.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top