Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Authors' Hangout

Old 06-04-2017, 03:01 AM   #26
PervOtaku
Really Really Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandsInTheDark View Post
1. Characters exposed to sexual situations cannot be under 18, or look or act under 18. No exceptions or loopholes. It doesn't matter what era the story is placed in, magic and technology don't invalidate the rule, dream sequences still count.
I usually employ the "what age actress would play her in a movie?" rule. Compare the android girl that looks and acts 25 but was built last week to the girl that is stuck in her 14-year-old body after being turned into a vampire 200 years ago.

Also I've heard that fanfiction involving an "older version" of a normally underage character doesn't fly.

Quote:
2. If your character fucks it, it has to be either human or entirely mythical.
This is in reference to bestiality in case anybody can't tell. No sex with real animals.

Quote:
18. Rape stories are not allowed unless the victim decides it was ok, during or after the fact. This rule is very fuzzy, but it appears to be an attempt to not glorify real life rape, while leaving a door open for a particular genre of "We both know you want it" sexuality. This can be contentious and shouldn't be argued about here, as everyone has their opinions about it, and ultimately Laurel's the only one who decides on acceptable content. Accept it as a known grey area.
Also rape in fanfiction is flat out not allowed even if the above condition is met.

Old 06-11-2017, 04:21 PM   #27
oggbashan
Ancient writer

Age, Maturity and Lit's 'No sex before 18 rule'

No character can have sex in any Literotica story unless they are at least 18 years old. This is a rule fixed by the owners of the site. If you find a story that appears to break this rule - REPORT IT!

The only person who decides whether the rule is broken is Laurel. If in doubt whether your story breaks the rule send a PM (Private Message) to Laurel for advice.

There are known amplifications of this rule:

Past sex - if the character had sex before 18 it can be referred to but must NOT be described e.g. "Chloe lost her virginity at 16" could be acceptable as a bare statement. If you want something like that it would be advisable to mention it in the Notes Box when submitting.

Sci-Fi/Fantasy - before having consensual sex any non human creatures must be mature adults and preferably over 18 (human) years of age. Humanoids on another planet must be treated as human - no sex before 18. Androids/Robots created for sex must be created AS adults. They can be manufactured a day ago if they are described as a twenty/thirty year-old female/male.

Descriptions - no descriptions of bodily characteristics that imply immaturity. No number of statements that 'x is 18 (or older)' will work if x has 'budding breasts' or 'no pubic hair yet'.

School/College - No sexual activity can be described at educational establishments where the students would be expected to be under 18 years of age.

Sexual Games - Adults can play at dressing up as schoolgirl/schoolboy as long as it is made explicit that they ARE ADULTS with mature bodies.

Fan Fiction - If the fiction is about characters who are under 18 years old it probably breaks the rule.

All the above statements are my interpretation. They are subject to the statement made above:

The only person who decides whether the rule is broken is Laurel.

If you are still not sure - Ask Laurel!

Oggbashan's long list of stories
Jeanne D'Artois' few

electricblue66:
It's like [oggbashan] is writing for the third puffin over there by the sixth rock, when everyone else is an emperor penguin in the Antarctic, where there's tens of thousands of the bastards.

“The inimitable stories of Tong-King never have any real ending, and this one, being in his most elevated style, has even less end than most of them. But the whole narrative is permeated with the odour of joss-sticks and honourable high-mindedness, and the two characters are both of noble birth.”
― Ernest Bramah, Wallet of Kai Lung

Old 06-13-2017, 11:06 PM   #28
Bramblethorn
Mallory Heart Surgeon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oggbashan View Post
Fan Fiction - If the fiction is about characters who are under 18 years old it probably breaks the rule.
Clarification on this: by my understanding, it applies to characters who are under 18 in the original canon. So for instance, a story about Lisa Simpson having sex on her 18th birthday would probably be rejected, because Lisa is a child in the TV series.

Old 06-17-2017, 11:09 AM   #29
PervOtaku
Really Really Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by oggbashan View Post
School/College - No sexual activity can be described at educational establishments where the students would be expected to be under 18 years of age.
If it's a borderline/ambiguous case, it seems to be generally required to have an "all characters are 18" type disclaimer at the top of the story. I.e. people generally turn 18 in their final year of high school, so a high school setting can be used if it's explicitly stated that this is the case for the story characters.

Old 06-17-2017, 10:02 PM   #30
Nurek
Virgin

Red face Sorry for the off-topic reply, but I need a tad of help finding something.

Could someone please help me to find the topic that deals with challenges to write a specific story? I'd be delighted to be able to post in that, but I haven't the foggiest idea where in this forum that topic is.
Thank you in advance, if said topic doesn't exist, could it please be made? I'd be able to send out some truly excellent challenges if that topic were to be found/made.
Sincerely, I'll be very grateful, and so might you as well, with the story ideas;
Nurek.

Old 07-01-2017, 06:08 AM   #31
electricblue66
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurek View Post
Could someone please help me to find the topic that deals with challenges to write a specific story? I'd be delighted to be able to post in that, but I haven't the foggiest idea where in this forum that topic is.
Thank you in advance, if said topic doesn't exist, could it please be made? I'd be able to send out some truly excellent challenges if that topic were to be found/made.
Sincerely, I'll be very grateful, and so might you as well, with the story ideas;
Nurek.
I think you are looking for Story Ideas, where people post ideas they would like to see turned into stories.

http://forum.literotica.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2

I have no idea whether any writers pick up any of these ideas and write stories. You need to browse through the various threads, or start your own.

My stories: https://www.literotica.com/stories/m...ge=submissions

Old 07-23-2017, 09:40 AM   #32
CiaoSteve
Experienced

Story Categories

Is there a resource anywhere which explains the intended meaning of each ofthe story categories. Some are obvious but others are not so clear.

Old 07-23-2017, 09:47 AM   #33
oggbashan
Ancient writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CiaoSteve View Post
Is there a resource anywhere which explains the intended meaning of each ofthe story categories. Some are obvious but others are not so clear.
There is this essay:

https://www.literotica.com/s/how-to-...rotica-toplist

But beware of the trolls in the Loving Wives category.

Oggbashan's long list of stories
Jeanne D'Artois' few

electricblue66:
It's like [oggbashan] is writing for the third puffin over there by the sixth rock, when everyone else is an emperor penguin in the Antarctic, where there's tens of thousands of the bastards.

“The inimitable stories of Tong-King never have any real ending, and this one, being in his most elevated style, has even less end than most of them. But the whole narrative is permeated with the odour of joss-sticks and honourable high-mindedness, and the two characters are both of noble birth.”
― Ernest Bramah, Wallet of Kai Lung

Old 10-04-2017, 05:59 AM   #34
Tarash
Experienced

Maybe something about adding author's notes and how to do it? Some authors do, some authors don't, and it's obviously fine either way, but it's helpful for newbie authors to know how to add them if they want to.

Old 10-08-2017, 06:00 PM   #35
LesLumens
Really Experienced

You just add them to the text of the story and paste/upload them in the story text section of the submission form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarash View Post
Maybe something about adding author's notes and how to do it? Some authors do, some authors don't, and it's obviously fine either way, but it's helpful for newbie authors to know how to add them if they want to.

Alt for Darkniciad ^--Website

Little Fuckers

09/29/17
Lynn and Lee:
Long Distance Lust

01/05/18
Serpentine Destiny

01/17/18