why would a sensible man look for a woman on Lit?

:confused:

Do you have any idea how arrogant you come across? Like Ogg said, this doesn't necessarily mean you are arrogant, but I can't see your posts making you seem appealing or approachable to most women.
BabblingBrooke, If you had actually read my post and understood it, you would know by now that I do not aim to appeal to MOST women. As long as I reach the ones I do want to appeal to, that'sperfectly fine with me.

arrogance or pity

I admit that arrogance is perhaps not the nicest feeling towards women, who only know how to post pictures, and write a hundred posts no longer than 5 words each.

I ought to pity them instead, I know. Because their mothers have not taught them any better approaches towards aiming for attention.

My original motive for coming here was simple: women perusing the boards here – so I said to myself – have a better imagination than those frequenting dating sites. With few exceptions, women here seem to have a positive attitude toward on-line erotica. So with me looking for a virtual relationship, because I wish to cheat as little as possible on my wife, I felt comfortable here initially.

Little did I know that women here would not appear to me all that differently from women elsewhere. The majority of the ladies I have observed here seem just as shallow as anywhere else. Convinced that simply by being female entitles them to a demanding attitude. "Come show me that you are worthy of me, and you better do that well" can be seen anywhere, from profiles that say absolutely nothing (besides cup size or hair color), to posts they write that rarely exceed one or two sentences in length.

OK, there are some exceptions. Some (very few) women have sent me thoughtful comments on the thoughts I expressed myself. Not the kind of comments I sought, but sensible comments nevertheless. I also started one thread a while ago, with mostly crappy comments, plus shitloads of them having nothing whatsoever to do with what I wrote to start with. But apparently most everybody who chimed in seemed to have had a lot of fun, so I should not complain.

This taught me one thing: TRIVIALITY seems to be the most popular subject on Lit boards, at least the ones I have come to know a little. Meaningless mumbo-jumbo, without any depth of thinking. You can easily collect numbers of posts published this way, I suppose, and become a Literotica Guru fast and painlessly.

When I come back to my original question, I find it difficult to answer it positively. It is not inconceivable, I suppose, that one day a woman will read a post of mine and discover a deep mental kinship with me. And that she would then send me a PM, after which we discover that we tick very similarly. Would be really nice. But will that happen? I don't really know.

I have been communicating with one lady off and on, for a few weeks now, where this is appearing to be the case, but I don't know how long our e-mail exchange will last. We are able to give something to one another, but that does not appear terribly earth-shaking to me.

So I really don't know how to answer the question I posed in my title line. Perhaps I am just a bit too intimidated by the few women here, who published meaningful profiles and/or who write sensible posts. I feel that I DO NOT HAVE enough to offer them in return. But maybe I will write a PM or two to find out, some day.

So, in summary, I have not given up on Literotica Personals yet, even though my doubts have increased.

Have you tried the unsolicited dick-pic method? I get the sense you haven't, and man, you are depriving yourself of the chance to meet the hungriest wimmenz here.

Using media recording devices, try to frame your wee, turgid peni in the image so that you only capture from the coronal sulcus to the frenar band. This is how the ladies know you only want to cheat on your wife just the smallest of bits.

Don't use any of those instagram filters or apps that put Goofy's tongue and ears on the image. Hard, moist, and an inviting reddish-purple is all you need.

Send that bad boy out via PM to every user who even remotely sounds like a lady, and you'll be beating off the 'tang with a stick.

Good luck! :)

Have you tried the unsolicited dick-pic method? I get the sense you haven't, and man, you are depriving yourself of the chance to meet the hungriest wimmenz here.

Using media recording devices, try to frame your wee, turgid peni in the image so that you only capture from the coronal sulcus to the frenar band. This is how the ladies know you only want to cheat on your wife just the smallest of bits.

Don't use any of those instagram filters or apps that put Goofy's tongue and ears on the image. Hard, moist, and an inviting reddish-purple is all you need.

Send that bad boy out via PM to every user who even remotely sounds like a lady, and you'll be beating off the 'tang with a stick.

now there's a REALLY SMART man with down-to-earth practicable advice!!

Why did I not think of that earlier???

BabblingBrooke, If you had actually read my post and understood it, you would know by now that I do not aim to appeal to MOST women. As long as I reach the ones I do want to appeal to, that'sperfectly fine with me.

As I understand it, the problem is that this tactic isn't working. Hence the fact that this is a thread.

I love this thread. Post 49 tipped me over the edge into giggles.

I have to admit I giggled(maybe more of a snigger) from post #1. "Why would a sensible man look for a woman in lit?" Immediately followed by a post from a man looking for a woman on lit. Clearly he knows he's not sensible, so no reason for anything to make sense. Right?

This may be the best advice I've encountered here at Lit!

By most he means any.

Quoted for truth.

As I understand it, the problem is that this tactic isn't working. Hence the fact that this is a thread.

Yes, exactly. The thread is dripping with irony from the very first post.

now there's a REALLY SMART man with down-to-earth practicable advice!!

Why did I not think of that earlier???

Probably because you're too busy coming up with supercilious gems like this:

I admit that arrogance is perhaps not the nicest feeling towards women, who only know how to post pictures, and write a hundred posts no longer than 5 words each.

I ought to pity them instead, I know. Because their mothers have not taught them any better approaches towards aiming for attention.

Please be sure to leave some sweet Lit women for the rest of us.

This may be the best advice I've encountered here at Lit!

Howzit go... A dirty bird in hand is worth two bushy deek-peeks.

can a mod sticky this thread? pretty please? cuz this is an object lesson in how not to get what you say you want.

ed

glBock, I hope it's not a presumption to count myself among the more "intelligent" women of Lit who don't rely on good looks and vapid posts to get noticed. (I personally have no contempt for these posting habits, but our OP certainly does.) Don't bother belittling my posting history, as I have been on this board for several years, have had many usernames, and have had more online flirtations than I can count.

You've decided that the best way to account for the lack of response to your attempts to connect is to say that most women on the board are too superficial for you and that you are looking for the few women of substance who would understand you. You've gotten a lot of advice, some sensible and some ridiculous, about how to better approach things and you have chosen to ignore all of it. You've taken to insulting people and being more and more negative. You continue to bemoan the lack of suitable women for you and you blame it on the superficiality of this place and refuse to change your approach.

You've said that you've had some conversations of substance, more substance than the women who comment on your threads are supposedly capable of, but you still haven't found what you're looking for. If you refuse to change your approach, you might consider joining other websites and boards.

If I were looking for someone to chat with, there would be no way I'd reach out to you. You've shown yourself to be unkind and uninterested in truly engaging with people here. You've made it clear that you want an email partner who won't interfere with your marriage or require too much of you. It's ok to want what you want, but understand that a lot of reasonable, intelligent women are going to want to know what you offer besides snark, frustration, and bitterness, especially since the engagement you're seeking is email only.

can a mod sticky this thread? pretty please? cuz this is an object lesson in how not to get what you say you want.

ed

No no no ... it's clearly an accurate summary of exactly what's wrong with almost ALL the women on Lit. You're just not paying enough attention.

kim quoth:
no no no ... it's clearly an accurate summary of exactly what's wrong with almost all the women on lit. you're just not paying enough attention.
heavens, whatever was i thinking? silly me!

ed

glBock, I hope it's not a presumption to count myself among the more "intelligent" women of Lit who don't rely on good looks and vapid posts to get noticed. (I personally have no contempt for these posting habits, but our OP certainly does.) Don't bother belittling my posting history, as I have been on this board for several years, have had many usernames, and have had more online flirtations than I can count.

You've decided that the best way to account for the lack of response to your attempts to connect is to say that most women on the board are too superficial for you and that you are looking for the few women of substance who would understand you. You've gotten a lot of advice, some sensible and some ridiculous, about how to better approach things and you have chosen to ignore all of it. You've taken to insulting people and being more and more negative. You continue to bemoan the lack of suitable women for you and you blame it on the superficiality of this place and refuse to change your approach.

You've said that you've had some conversations of substance, more substance than the women who comment on your threads are supposedly capable of, but you still haven't found what you're looking for. If you refuse to change your approach, you might consider joining other websites and boards.

If I were looking for someone to chat with, there would be no way I'd reach out to you. You've shown yourself to be unkind and uninterested in truly engaging with people here. You've made it clear that you want an email partner who won't interfere with your marriage or require too much of you. It's ok to want what you want, but understand that a lot of reasonable, intelligent women are going to want to know what you offer besides snark, frustration, and bitterness, especially since the engagement you're seeking is email only.

Perfectly put.

Signed,
Another not-entirely-stupid woman

thank you and good bye, hopefully

I am writing this to thank a few people here, who left sensible comments for me. PurpleRose, for instance, or Kim in post #67

When I started this thread, more than three months ago, my aim was to comment on how I perceived Lit at the time, on a board I understood was not meant for "personals" ads. What I wrote was not a "search" post, but some serious remarks about how I saw Lit at that time.

Where I grew up and went to school, it was not commonly accepted, to shoot messengers, who carried unpleasant news or posed uncomfortable questions. And I had not expected this to happen here. In my post, I voiced some observations about Lit, which I found disturbing. Had hoped that one or two people might take me up on my observations, and discuss them with me, not try to crucify me for my supposedly "bad character".

But "character bashing" seems to have taken on great popularity here. Perhaps that was the reason why I "shot back" and delivered some comments as well, which attacked in one way or the other a commenter or two.

By now I fully realized that Lit is not a site where sensible discussions flow easily, so I have abstained from such threads. But despite the fact that I'd rather not get to know most female Litsers, every once in a while I receive an appealing PM, or a woman I find likeable replies to my PM. And such few mailings are quite OK with me.

I really don't need advice from y'all on how I should do things better. Not the "sneering" type, but not well-meaning advice either. I am doing just fine, and perhaps we could end my thread right now.

I am writing this to thank a few people here, who left sensible comments for me. PurpleRose, for instance, or Kim in post #67

When I started this thread, more than three months ago, my aim was to comment on how I perceived Lit at the time, on a board I understood was not meant for "personals" ads. What I wrote was not a "search" post, but some serious remarks about how I saw Lit at that time.

Where I grew up and went to school, it was not commonly accepted, to shoot messengers, who carried unpleasant news or posed uncomfortable questions. And I had not expected this to happen here. In my post, I voiced some observations about Lit, which I found disturbing. Had hoped that one or two people might take me up on my observations, and discuss them with me, not try to crucify me for my supposedly "bad character".

But "character bashing" seems to have taken on great popularity here. Perhaps that was the reason why I "shot back" and delivered some comments as well, which attacked in one way or the other a commenter or two.

By now I fully realized that Lit is not a site where sensible discussions flow easily, so I have abstained from such threads. But despite the fact that I'd rather not get to know most female Litsers, every once in a while I receive an appealing PM, or a woman I find likeable replies to my PM. And such few mailings are quite OK with me.

I really don't need advice from y'all on how I should do things better. Not the "sneering" type, but not well-meaning advice either. I am doing just fine, and perhaps we could end my thread right now.

You cannot control how others perceive you or respond to your posts and threads. You created a thread in which you claim the women of Lit are beneath you and you didn't expect any negative responses? You further clarify that this isn't a site where sensible discussions can happen. Perhaps you aren't as smart as you think you are.

Than why the hell did you PM me?

Than why the hell did you PM me?
when I PMed you, Shiva, you sounded more interesting than afterwards. I take it you are trying to tell me now that your long silence between our last 2 PMs means, you are no longer interested either, in continuing.

Really polite people express something like that in a friendy private mail

There is a pile of post at your door. Thankfully I think those delivering mail escaped unscathed.

We get what we bring often. And I am lucky to have had great behind the scenes conversations ( Platonic) on variety of subjects stemming from threads or posts, and a few great threads as well. . Is there other , of course! Even in a diamond mine there is a lot of rock I guess! Another pause for thought; I don't bring my whole real life in here. I am not seeking to appeal to anyone, rather to be a 'me' unburdened by some of expectation. This has yielded some beautiful friendships.

You seem to excuse your arrogance as a badge of honour, something acquired as a right due to you because of your self perception. arrogance is trait which is not a necessary bedfellow with intelligence. It's quite possible simply to be intelligent, or arrogant.
it seems that some people just cannot quit character bashing.

If it makes you happy, pls feel free to continue. Or to dispense further unsolicited advice. Just don't Count on further replies from me.

But if you are lucky, some other Litster will come to your rescue. and you can have a never-ending conversation about what terrible people come here, from across the Atlantic.

Where I grew up and went to school, it was not commonly accepted, to shoot messengers, who carried unpleasant news or posed uncomfortable questions.

Imagine a messenger bursting into a throne room and announcing, "My lord, the peasants have taken up arms! They are about to breach the main gate!"

Now imagine if that same news was delivered as, "My lord, your idiotic taxes and abusive nature have caused the peasants to revolt! The main gate would have held them back, but you spent too much gold on lavish banquets rather than keeping them maintained. Basically, what I'm getting at here, is that it's all your fault. See ya on the other side!"

I'm pretty sure that second message style would provoke some shooting.

Back