Isolated BDSM Blurts: Facehugger Fetish

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-43560523

"Three Anglo-Afghan wars were fought before Afghanistan announced its independence in 1919 and the British left for good.
Or did they?
In the Afghan psyche, the British were still lurking in the shadows, spying on them, plotting, and still managing to manipulate their affairs for the worse.
[...]
A Kurdish friend told me that his mother would blame the British if a wall collapsed in their neighbourhood after a rainy night. Iranians had a character in a long-running soap opera, always paranoid that the British were plotting something. If you act too shrewdly in Bangladesh, my friends told me, people will call you English. In Kabul, we have a word for that too: Chucha E englis - malign English blood."
[...]
There are tales of Nato forces buying drugs from Afghan smugglers and transporting them to the West in the bellies of dead soldiers - apparently a lucrative business for whole range of Western profiteers, including the British royal family."

:(

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-43560523

"Three Anglo-Afghan wars were fought before Afghanistan announced its independence in 1919 and the British left for good.
Or did they?
In the Afghan psyche, the British were still lurking in the shadows, spying on them, plotting, and still managing to manipulate their affairs for the worse.
[...]
A Kurdish friend told me that his mother would blame the British if a wall collapsed in their neighbourhood after a rainy night. Iranians had a character in a long-running soap opera, always paranoid that the British were plotting something. If you act too shrewdly in Bangladesh, my friends told me, people will call you English. In Kabul, we have a word for that too: Chucha E englis - malign English blood."
[...]
There are tales of Nato forces buying drugs from Afghan smugglers and transporting them to the West in the bellies of dead soldiers - apparently a lucrative business for whole range of Western profiteers, including the British royal family."

:(

unsurprising

I'm feeling cute today. Weird.

Edit: Yeah, still look like a tired old hag, though. :D

Last edited:
I saw a comment on a youtube video that had the exact same painting as Wild_Honey does as their avatar.
Made me decide to finally find out what that painting is anyway and when I was looking at other paintings by the artist (John William Waterhouse) I especially liked this one:

1024px-Miranda_-_The_Tempest_JWW.jpg

I saw a comment on a youtube video that had the exact same painting as Wild_Honey does as their avatar.
Made me decide to finally find out what that painting is anyway and when I was looking at other paintings by the artist (John William Waterhouse) I especially liked this one:

1024px-Miranda_-_The_Tempest_JWW.jpg

Oh Blue, that's gorgeous. :)

I've had prints of a couple of his paintings up in my home, Soul Of The Rose and Lady Of The Lake.

And I've used another as an AV when I was feeling turtley, it's called Boreas (Silence).

I found an old cracker

Why are Christmas trees so bad at sewing?
They always drop their needles.

I found an old cracker

Why are Christmas trees so bad at sewing?
They always drop their needles.

Ah ha ha!

Blue, why are you awake?

I'm watching 50 First Dates and my daughter is making me a cheese toasty.

I've never seen it, is it good? I love the soundtrack
I'm never going to watch the third film.
As the mainstream depiction of bdsm; it attests multiple times that the dynamic is born out of childhood sexual abuse and is an illness in need of being fixed, confuses being a 'sadist' with being a psychopathic murderer of small animals incapable of forming strong emotional bonds, implies that bdsm is rape by defining 'vanilla' as meaning 'consensual sex', and depicts a toxic and emotionally abusive relationship where Anastasia is not a sub nor understands or has any interest in the dynamic and is only in it in the first place because of her white knight complex telling her she needs to 'fix' him - as shown in the honestly gross scene at the end of the first film where she asks to be hit with a strap or something a few times to try and see the appeal, then leaves in fearful tears, appalled at how anybody could possibly find it pleasurable.

In the second film they actually explicitly turned to Freudian psychoanalysis and write in that Grey gets off on hurting women who look like his mother because she emotionally neglected him when he was a kid. He even stalks Ana' like a needy child 3 times in the films. Shows up at her home uninvited and unannounced and tails her to a holiday resort she went to specifically to get away from him.

Personally I thought it was one of the grossest films I've ever seen and would benefit from being dubbed with horror movie soundtracks and jumpscare noises - but I am definitely cherrypicking instances here and I've also heard one or two people on this board like it so you should probably get a second opinion.

Last edited:
I'm never going to watch the third film.
As the mainstream depiction of bdsm; it attests multiple times that the dynamic is born out of childhood sexual abuse and is an illness in need of being fixed, confuses being a 'sadist' with being a psychopathic murderer of small animals incapable of forming strong emotional bonds, implies that bdsm is rape by defining 'vanilla' as meaning 'consensual sex', and depicts a toxic and emotionally abusive relationship where Anastasia is not a sub nor understands or has any interest in the dynamic and is only in it in the first place because of her white knight complex telling her she needs to 'fix' him - as shown in the honestly gross scene at the end of the first film where she asks to be hit with a strap or something a few times to try and see the appeal, then leaves in fearful tears, appalled at how anybody could possibly find it pleasurable.

In the second film they actually explicitly turned to Freudian psychoanalysis and write in that Grey gets off on hurting women who look like his mother because she emotionally neglected him when he was a kid. He even stalks Ana' like a needy child 3 times in the films. Shows up at her home uninvited and unannounced and tails her to a holiday resort she went to specifically to get away from him.

Personally I thought it was one of the grossest films I've ever seen and would benefit from being dubbed with horror movie soundtracks and jumpscare noises - but I am definitely cherrypicking instances here and I've also heard one or two people on this board like it so you should probably get a second opinion.

Lol!! I always appreciate your unvarnished opinion. :)

I do know someone who liked it. Her comment:

They're both really hot, and she's got great natural bush.

Or something.

I'll probably watch the first one at some point, out of curiosity. But I expect I'll be correcting them the whole way through. :rolleyes::eek:

Blue, why are you awake?
Because I've had insomnia or some other sleep issue since about 2014.

Like tonight for example: I think I was asleep from about 12:30 to 1:40. Main problems with short bursts of sleep like that is that I wake up with 0% tiredness for a few hours then suddenly crash from exhaustion, usually at work. Though since that happened early in the night I'll probably get a few more hours in.

Because I've had insomnia or some other sleep issue since about 2014.

Like tonight for example: I think I was asleep from about 12:30 to 1:40. Main problems with short bursts of sleep like that is that I wake up with 0% tiredness for a few hours then suddenly crash from exhaustion, usually at work. Though since that happened early in the night I'll probably get a few more hours in.

I hope you do. :)

I woke up to blackbirds singing instead of trams and ambulances. Good morning! :)

I feel like I spent 7 hours carrying around kegs and trays of beer cans yesterday.

Which is what I did.

I don't wanna get out of the bed.

Back