Foodgasms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recidiva said:
It's not the same when they're carrot powered.

...but thank you :)

You are welcome...and while it's true that carrots may not pack the same whining power of chocolate or caffeine...I'm sure if you eat enough of them, they will provide an unique variation on a theme.

BadBuckNaked said:
You are welcome...and while it's true that carrots may not pack the same whining power of chocolate or caffeine...I'm sure if you eat enough of them, they will provide an unique variation on a theme.

Beta-carotene tinged humor.

Southerners love their cobbler.

Easy summertime dessert.

Peach Cobbler

INGREDIENTS
1/2 cup butter
1 cup white sugar
3/4 cup self-rising flour
3/4 cup milk
1 (29 ounce) can sliced peaches in light syrup ( you can also use fresh peaches: Combine the peaches, 1 cup sugar, and water in a saucepan and mix well. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat. )

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place butter in a deep 2 quart baking dish and place in oven to melt.
In a medium bowl, mix sugar and flour. Stir in milk, a little at a time, until wholly incorporated. Pour carefully over melted butter in dish. Spoon peaches and syrup over batter.
Bake in preheated oven 35 to 45 minutes, until crust is puffed and golden.

Serve warm.
Top with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.

SaintPeter said:
Is my diet strawberry jello with OJ going to make it to the index?

See, you had omitted vitial information from the recipe, namely the flavor of the jello. Now that we have that, I deem it eminently Index-worthy.

tortoise said:
See, you had omitted vitial information from the recipe, namely the flavor of the jello. Now that we have that, I deem it eminently Index-worthy.

Sorry.

The excitement of my first index-worthy recipe got me all goofy.

It will not happen again.

Hiya tortoise! How is summer treating you?

Vikingstone said:
Thank you, dear.

It's so fine. A stick of butter, some kosher salt...just barely boil them, the second it starts to smell like cooked corn out of the pot!

Yes! Exactly right. I wince when I see recipes that state "boil corn for 6 minutes..." and the like. When it comes to sweet corn, less is definitely more.

SaintPeter said:
Sorry.

The excitement of my first index-worthy recipe got me all goofy.

It will not happen again.

Hiya tortoise! How is summer treating you?

Ah, but you forget that you were already IN the Index, with your Cream of Celibacy Soup!

No need to apologize, San Pedro. You rectified the omission, all in due time. It's all good.

Summer's been lovely, thus far. Just the right mix of adventure, chaos and laziness. Just catching up on all of the fine action in this thread before hitting the pool.

How's by you?

tortoise said:
Ah, but you forget that you were already IN the Index, with your Cream of Celibacy Soup!

No need to apologize, San Pedro. You rectified the omission, all in due time. It's all good.

Summer's been lovely, thus far. Just the right mix of adventure, chaos and laziness. Just catching up on all of the fine action in this thread before hitting the pool.

How's by you?

The soup! No wonder I never get laid.

Summer is going by way too fast. I am recovering from pnuemonia, which put a big drag on the summer activities. It did spark me into the awesome jello creation listed above.

Good to see you around, my friend.

mcopado said:
Thanks for the welcome...I don't know how I missed this thread for so long...

WOW! Some amazing recipes here...And Sexywench has a recipe for PHO!?! Makes me lust after her even more. :catroar:

You've got me digging through my files for more of my best recipes.

I am very glad that you found this thread, as your contributions thus far have been nothing short of mouthwatering. Thank you, and by all means, more foodgasms!

Recidiva said:
Mourn for me.

This is the reverse of a foodgasm.

Just went to a neurologist who suggests that to avoid migraines I avoid:

caffeine
chocolate
cheese
alcohol
hot dogs
chinese food
processed meats
oranges
onions
nuts
citrus

Now, I know none of these things cause my headaches, but I'm gonna follow doctor's orders.

*lip tremble*

*commiserates, with a glare for the dogmatic, recalcitrant doctor*

That's just all manner of fucked up. The fact that he didn't listen to you makes me want to smack him with a wet mackerel.

SaintPeter said:
The soup! No wonder I never get laid.

Summer is going by way too fast. I am recovering from pnuemonia, which put a big drag on the summer activities. It did spark me into the awesome jello creation listed above.

Good to see you around, my friend.

Sorry about the pneumonia, glad about the recovery. That citrus-infused jello's good for what ails ye; you'll be in tip-top fighting form in no time flat, I'll wager.

Always good to see you, amigo.

This thread was busy today! Always does my heart good to see such fine folks enjoying themselves here. Wish I had time to respond to every post, but the pool is calling me. Just know that you all brought a smile to my face.

Keep foodgasming!

tortoise said:
*commiserates, with a glare for the dogmatic, recalcitrant doctor*

That's just all manner of fucked up. The fact that he didn't listen to you makes me want to smack him with a wet mackerel.

A tortoise commiseration shall carry me through my dark days.

You're a candle in the foodscape.

I don't know if I did this one yet:

BLACK FOREST TRIFLE

black_forest_trifle.jpg

Large Slab of Chocolate Cake (can be purchased or made)
Cherry Pie Filling
Vanilla Pudding
Chocolate Pudding
Cool Whip
Maraschino Cherries
Cherry Brandy (or other liquer)
Chocolate sprinkles
Large bowl

Layer the ingredients, starting with the cake. Drench the cake with the Cherry liquer. Then layer chocolate, vanilla puddings, cherry pie filling, and whipped cream. Keep layering until you fill the bowl. Top layer should be whipped cream/cool whip. Drop maraschino cherries all over the top. Add chocolate sprinkles.

Recidiva said:
A tortoise commiseration shall carry me through my dark days.

You're a candle in the foodscape.

Plus, there's the threat of fishy violence against your oppressors!

I'm ALL for your head not hurting, always have been. But I can't abide "caregivers" who don't care enough to listen to their patients.

A pox on the lot of 'em.

LittleJade said:
I don't know if I did this one yet:

BLACK FOREST TRIFLE

black_forest_trifle.jpg

Yum!

I love a good trifle. But it always makes me think of Pricess Bride:

"I'm no one to be trifled with. That is all you ever need know."

Thanks for the recipe, lovely.

Okay, off to swim!

tortoise said:
Yum!

I love a good trifle. But it always makes me think of Pricess Bride:

"I'm no one to be trifled with. That is all you ever need know."

Thanks for the recipe, lovely.

Okay, off to swim!
It's SO yummy!

*grin* Welcome!

Have a good swim!

I could believe that a donut made from canned biscuits would be yummy.
I saw the recipe on the Food Network (yes, I am a dork and I watch way too much of food tv).

Heat your oil in a heavy bottomed, deep pot if you don't have a fry-daddy contraption. 350 degrees F.

Simply cut a hole out of your biscuit and drop into oil. Cook until golden. Drain on a paper towel. And roll in cinnamon sugar, ice, or glaze.

I rolled mine in cinnamon sugar. Yummy!

donuts.jpg

raindancer said:
I could believe that a donut made from canned biscuits would be yummy.
I saw the recipe on the Food Network (yes, I am a dork and I watch way too much of food tv).

Heat your oil in a heavy bottomed, deep pot if you don't have a fry-daddy contraption. 350 degrees F.

Simply cut a hole out of your biscuit and drop into oil. Cook until golden. Drain on a paper towel. And roll in cinnamon sugar, ice, or glaze.

I rolled mine in cinnamon sugar. Yummy!

donuts.jpg

I've made those too, just that way. They're basically the recipe for the donuts you get at Chinese Buffets, which I love. I just cut the biscuit into quarters.

Recidiva said:
I've made those too, just that way. They're basically the recipe for the donuts you get at Chinese Buffets, which I love. I just cut the biscuit into quarters.

You're right! I knew it tasted familiar!

my foodgasm for dinner tonight...Open faced steak bagel.

onion bagel toasted, thin coat of mayo on each side, leftover grilled London broil sliced super thin and warmed thru, grilled onions on top, bleu cheese crumbles on top of that, and each half topped off with a slice of ripe, juicy beefsteak tomato.
It goes perfect with a glass of Sangiovese.

SOOOO FUCKING GOOD!

Thinking about making fish tacos for dinner. The hot weather makes me think about having them at the beach.

Tatiana's lime-chipotle shrimp recipe reminded me of this...you could even brush the same mixture on it, mixed with butter, if you didn't want the mayo/sour cream/parmesan.

Oaxaca Style Grilled Corn

grilled-corn-sl-642295-l.jpg

Ingredients
6 ears fresh corn with husks
2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
2 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
3 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan cheese
1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder
2 limes, cut into wedges
Vegetable cooking spray
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon pepper

Remove heavy outer husks from corn; pull back inner husks. Remove and discard silks. Tie inner husks together with string.

Stir together mayonnaise and sour cream in a small bowl, and set aside. Place Parmesan cheese, chili powder, and lime wedges in small serving bowls, and set aside.

Coat each corn cob lightly with cooking spray. Sprinkle corn evenly with salt and pepper. Position corn on food grate of grill so that tied husks lie on unlit side to prevent burning husks. *I usually grill corn in the husk, but you'll need to soak it in water for approx. 10 min. first.

Grill corn, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350°to 400°) 10 minutes or until golden brown, turning occasionally. Place grilled corn cobs on a platter.

Spread corn evenly with mayonnaise mixture, and sprinkle evenly with cheese and chili powder. Squeeze lime wedges over corn.

Yield
Makes 6 servings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back