New Jersey Roll Call

Gorgeous day, but always a little zing thrown in = wind. I’ll take it over rain :)

The best pizza in my area was Spirito’s in Elizabeth. They also had the best Veal Parm. They were in business for many many years. Been going there since I’m a little girl. My grandfather used to go to meet the guys in the bar area when he was young. Place is/was legendary. Gone now 😞

Pastries, hmm. Everyone loves Bella Palermo. They are famous for their cannolis (gunnoles). I think I’m the only Italian that does not like them. I’m a Zeppoli girl.

If you go to South Jersey, like Cape May, Cumberland, and Gloucester County, their idea of pizza is Domino’s and little John’s
Not at all! I live down there and that's the last place we go. Lots of great places to go.
-Jim Mains (Vineland)
-Brunos (Hammonton)
-Pizza Station (Marmora)
-Ricci (Hammonton)
-Cacias (Williamstown) - awesome tomato pie
The list goes on.
Gorgeous day, but always a little zing thrown in = wind. I’ll take it over rain :)

The best pizza in my area was Spirito’s in Elizabeth. They also had the best Veal Parm. They were in business for many many years. Been going there since I’m a little girl. My grandfather used to go to meet the guys in the bar area when he was young. Place is/was legendary. Gone now 😞

Pastries, hmm. Everyone loves Bella Palermo. They are famous for their cannolis (gunnoles). I think I’m the only Italian that does not like them. I’m a Zeppoli girl.
mmmm, I love zeppolis.

If you're in the Ramsey area try La Gondola in the Kohls shopping center on Rt 17. My family's been going there for thirty years. If bar pies are your thing right around the corner on Franklin Turnpike is Kinchleys, which has been there since glaciers covered the area. I actually worked there in high school.

Not really a cannoli fan either except for this little shop in Hammonton, they have tons of flavors besides the traditional ones.

Zeppoli’s are outstanding. There is a ice cream parlor at Tops river that makes cannoli ice cream milkshakes. They are outstanding.

Oh wow rice pudding ice cream must be amazing. You can’t wear black or Zeppoli or funnel cake although if I was naked, that could be fun

Do they have Zeppoli’s? I could eat 12 alone 🤭
And to think I always thought that me devouring a half dozen was overindulging myself .......... an entire dozen would be just too, too much though I'd try my best to finish off said dozen 🤣

Now I'm craving for a zepploi. Thank you haaa!?!?

The only good Italian bakery in our area is the Italian Bakery and Espresso Bar. We have been going there ever since I was a little kid.

But IMO, the crown jewel is Randazzos in Raritan. Seriously great bakery.

Also in Raritan, is Espos. Another place that we had been going to for dinner since I was a kid. It closed during Covid, but was sold and recently reopened. some of the servers there I remember for when I was a little kid, and I’m 56 now.

And to think I always thought that me devouring a half dozen was overindulging myself .......... an entire dozen would be just too, too much though I'd try my best to finish off said dozen 🤣

Now I'm craving for a zepploi. Thank you haaa!?!?
Pizza Brothers on Rt 22 in Green Brook makes great ones. $5 for a dozen.

The only good Italian bakery in our area is the Italian Bakery and Espresso Bar. We have been going there ever since I was a little kid.

But IMO, the crown jewel is Randazzos in Raritan. Seriously great bakery.

Also in Raritan, is Espos. Another place that we had been going to for dinner since I was a kid. It closed during Covid, but was sold and recently reopened. some of the servers there I remember for when I was a little kid, and I’m 56 now.
I know Randazzos. I haven't been up there ina while but damn it was good.

Morning like a hard, crusty kaiser roll that was soft and fluffy inside.

Back