Disney Loses Suit Against DeSantis

Rightguide

Prof Triggernometry

Federal Judge Dismisses Disney’s Lawsuit Against DeSantis​

NICOLE SILVERIOMEDIA REPORTER
January 31, 20243:31 PM ET

A federal judge dismissed a lawsuit Disney filed against Republican Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis in a Wednesday decision.

Disney alleged in the suit filed in April that DeSantis launched a “targeted campaign of government retaliation” against the company after it criticized a bill prohibiting classroom discussion of sexual orientation and gender identity in kindergarten through third grade. The governor later stripped Disney of its self-governing status granted to the company through the Reedy Creek Improvement District Act of 1967.

DeSantis and other defendants requested that the lawsuit be dismissed because they could not be sued over constitutionally enacted state laws. United States District Judge Allen Winsor granted the DeSantis administration their wish, arguing Disney “lacks standing” to sue DeSantis and his administration because they cannot sue based on “facially constitutional” statutes.

“In short, Disney lacks standing to sue the Governor or the Secretary, and its claims against the CFTOD Defendants fail on the merits because ‘when a statute is facially constitutional, a plaintiff cannot bring a free-speech challenge by claiming that the lawmakers who passed it acted with a constitutionally impermissible purpose,'” Winsor wrote.

More here: https://dailycaller.com/2024/01/31/federal-judge-dismiss-disney-lawsuit-desantis/

Times are hard for demented Disney.

Losing the suit isn't anything compared to the money lost when they decided to not just criticize-which is everyone's right to do-but financially back a law many(right or wrong) see as endangering children.

I wonder what it will take for corporations to stop backing political views and just get back to creating their product.

Losing the suit isn't anything compared to the money lost when they decided to not just criticize-which is everyone's right to do-but financially back a law many(right or wrong) see as endangering children.

I wonder what it will take for corporations to stop backing political views and just get back to creating their product.
Seems the American people are tired of woke corporations and their social meddling and I'm sure most can't wait to see them getting back to producing goods and services people want and appreciate.

Seems the American people are tired of woke corporations and their social meddling and I'm sure most can't wait to see them getting back to producing goods and services people want and appreciate.
What goods and services are no longer offered by "woke" companies?

So the case was lost because DeSantis is above the law, not for any other reason.

What's a 'Wednesday decision' anyway? Is it a type of hearing?

Things are not well for shareholders in the House of Mouse.

“Over the past decade, Disney’s shareholders would’ve been much richer if they’d invested in the S&P 500 OR Disney’s self-selected media peers instead.”

https://restorethemagic.com/

One year anniversary of a governor using the power of the government to lash out at a private business that criticized the governor.

You’d think the party that says it wants less government intrusion in business would oppose such a move. And I guess it did when it did when DeSantis’ presidential run was squashed like a bug. 😄

One year anniversary of a governor using the power of the government to lash out at a private business that criticized the governor.

You’d think the party that says it wants less government intrusion in business would oppose such a move. And I guess it did when it did when DeSantis’ presidential run was squashed like a bug. 😄
They are okay with a fascist government only if it hates gay people.

to me, their hypocrisy and the lack of self awareness confirms they are all nutty as shit.

Disney got a sweet deal like none other ever executed in the US. It was corrupt from the onset and it was about time there little fiefdom got brought down.

Disney got a sweet deal like none other ever executed in the US. It was corrupt from the onset and it was about time there little fiefdom got brought down.

The state is going to suffer from this dumbass move but whatever. Its Florida. Fuck em.

The state is going to suffer from this dumbass move but whatever. Its Florida. Fuck em.
How are they going to suffer? Disney can't afford to shut down and abandon Disney World anymore than they could afford to build it elsewhere. They will stop holding their breath, realize they are a business and not a city, and life will go on.,

Good news! Despite being stripped of its corporate kingdom and crony capitalism privileges, the Burbank, California-based corporation has decided to invest billions more in sunny Florida. ☀️

"Our investments in Florida will continue as we plan to invest billions in Walt Disney World Resort over the next decade. Our investment will create 13,000 new jobs and thousands of other indirect jobs that will attract more people to the state and generate more taxes”

Good news! Despite being stripped of its corporate kingdom and crony capitalism privileges, the Burbank, California-based corporation has decided to invest billions more in sunny Florida. ☀️

"Our investments in Florida will continue as we plan to invest billions in Walt Disney World Resort over the next decade. Our investment will create 13,000 new jobs and thousands of other indirect jobs that will attract more people to the state and generate more taxes”

Despite the government’s vengeful illegal attack on Disney, the company continues to invest in Florida.

“The ridiculous runt of a governor with a Napoleon complex won’t stop the Mouse,” declared a Disney spokesperson.

Little Ronnie DeSantis reportedly threw a tantrum until his wife made him sit in the corner.

Back