Disney has quit playing

Comshaw

VAGITARIAN
They've filed a lawsuit against De Santis and Florida.
"...Disney and its army of lawyers filed a lawsuit against DeSantis and others over what it calls a “targeted campaign of government retaliation.” It’s the latest chapter in an ongoing war between the two."

Playtime is over. De Santis and company better pull up their big boy pants and get ready to deal in the big leagues. I have always amazed me that they would try to punish the biggest tourist attraction and employer in the state.

Now the real fun begins. So any bets on how this will play out?

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/disney-lawyers-done-playing-sue-163000947.html

Comshaw

"...Disney and its army of lawyers filed a lawsuit against DeSantis and others over what it calls a “targeted campaign of government retaliation.” It’s the latest chapter in an ongoing war between the two."

Playtime is over. De Santis and company better pull up their big boy pants and get ready to deal in the big leagues. I have always amazed me that they would try to punish the biggest tourist attraction and employer in the state.

Comshaw

Are republicans going to boycott Disney Parks? Awesome! They could become MAGA free spaces!

i already posted about this in zipman's disney/desantis thread but maybe it'll get more traction here

Comshaw
Disney filed this just hours minutes after the desantis-appointed body decided to veto Disney's earlier agreements signed off with the former team

here:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/ne...&cvid=60154b2f18454e4e977adc0c8881e5bf&ei=226

The suit was filed minutes after a Disney World oversight board appointed by DeSantis voted to void a deal that placed theme park design and construction decisions in the company's hands.

Disney filed this just hours minutes after the desantis-appointed body decided to veto Disney's earlier agreements signed off with the former team

here:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/ne...&cvid=60154b2f18454e4e977adc0c8881e5bf&ei=226

The suit was filed minutes after a Disney World oversight board appointed by DeSantis voted to void a deal that placed theme park design and construction decisions in the company's hands.
The board, and presumably HisArpy, are going to find out very quickly that a legal recorded contract between two parties cannot be unilaterally abrogated by one side.

The section on Page 72 titled “Prayers for Relief” describes what Disney is asking for. It’s very brief. Essentially they hope to reverse today’s action by the Board, and ideally to reverse the law that passed by the legislature and signed by the governor.

The section on Page 72 titled “Prayers for Relief” describes what Disney is asking for. It’s very brief. Essentially they hope to reverse today’s action by the Board, and ideally to reverse the law that passed by the legislature and signed by the governor.
No. Law. Can. Affect. Existing. Contracts.

Sound the words out. Ask for help if needed.

FIRST CAUSE OF ACTION CONTRACTS CLAUSE VIOLATION
(U.S. Const. art I, § 10, cl. 1, amend. XIV; 42 U.S.C. § 1983; Declaratory Judgment Act, 28 U.S.C. §§ 2201-2202)

161. Disney realleges and incorporates by reference all preceding paragraphs.

162. CFTOD’s abrogation of the Contracts violates Disney’s rights under the U.S. Constitution, article I, section 10, clause 1, known as the “Contracts Clause.” The Contracts Clause provides that “[n]o State shall ... pass any ... Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts.

163. The Contracts Clause prohibits local government entities from abrogating their own contracts with private entities. SA law that impairs a government entity’s own contracts with a private actor is especially suspect and hence subject to heightened judicial scrutiny. U.S. Trust Co. of N.Y. v. New Jersey, 431 U.S. 1, 25-26 (1977).

164. The rights protected by the Contracts Clause are familiar to Florida law. Indeed, the Florida Supreme Court has pronounced the “right to contract” to be “one of the most sacrosanct rights guaranteed by our fundamental law.

165. The Legislative Declaration violates that most sacrosanct right and thus deprives Disney of its rights under the Contracts Clause. By declaring the Contracts void, the Legislative Declaration purports to rescind Disney’s rights and protections under contracts and to relieve CFTOD of any obligation to comply with its obligations under the Contracts or to pay damages for any breaches

Last edited:
I live in Florida. DeSantis was married at Disney and his wife’s parents celebrated their anniversary there. He is a hypocrite that needs to lower insurance and make the state more affordable!

No. Law. Can. Affect. Existing. Contracts.

Sound the words out. Ask for help if needed.
Precisely. It's right in Florida's constitution:
SECTION 10. Prohibited laws.—No bill of attainder, ex post facto law or law impairing the obligation of contracts shall be passed.

It seems plain enough, even to an abecedarian like myself.

Comshaw

w97xfzmqj1wa1.jpg

We'll see if young people actually vote however. I didn't until I was like 23 or so. Granted I was in the military, I'm from California its hard to argue that my vote is important. I would happily bet someone that I can kill a honey badger with melee weapons if Trump wins CA. I might even make that bet for if we put up a REpublican Senator.

Why would they vote for an old fuck that failed on all the promises he made to the most recent age demographic? You want their vote? Just not being "them" isn't enough.

If they don't then they get something even worse.

It's not rocket science. Vote for democrats and deal with not the best or don't vote and get the republicans who really really suck.

If they can't figure this out then they actually deserve the hardships their self disenfranchisement gets them.

Which is insanely fucking stupid.

Back