Disney has quit playing

What??? DeSantis said he was going to dissolve the Disney corporation? Care to cite your source? 🤣
I never said DeSantis was going to dissolve Disney Corp. But I can see how I should have been clearer in my previous post. You low brains have comprehension issues, and I should not miss steps and assume you can make those leaps of logic. He was planning on dissolving the Reedy Creek Improvement Corp, he of course can't dissolve Disney. Unless he bought out majority stock....that's a far reach, even for the State....
In April of last year, the governor called a special session of the legislature to repeal the Reedy Creek special district. It was subsequently dissolved and replaced. Disney no longer governs the district.
No he passed legislation to fire the board, and renamed the district. Which is a "trade name" the corporation # is the same as it was when Disney created it.
https://www.rcid.org/about/board-of-supervisors-2/

Some more "light reading" for you

https://time.com/6275097/disney-desantis-florida-feud-timeline/

Last edited:
Great catch! I remember well how Disney defenders vehemently insisted that taxpayers would be on the hook for bond payments when the governor first announced his call for the dissolution of the Reedy Creel special district. Some people on this board parroted those claims. The lawyer makes an indisputable point about the bonds in this video. He’s right, and it’s highly doubtful Disney would be happy if the state calls those bonds.
And those claims turned out to be 100% true, which is why DeSantis changed his tune.

Why do you always try to project what I think? I haven’t bothered to see why you react to that forum member the way you do.

It’s just a funny case of you losing your mind for a minute. For a moment I thought you might have turrets, but it’s really more of an emotional outburst.

It’s probably good for you that you share rather than hold it all.

So, you don't know the backstory, don't care to find out about the backstory, and decided to make me the bad guy merely because you're all wrapped up in your self destructive delusions and have decided I'm the cause of all your mental problems.

Newsflash bub, you're nutso and the little phuckwad earned every GO FUCK YOURSELF on his own and doesn't need you to go white knighting on his behalf.

So, you don't know the backstory, don't care to find out about the backstory, and decided to make me the bad guy merely because you're all wrapped up in your self destructive delusions and have decided I'm the cause of all your mental problems.

Newsflash bub, you're nutso and the little phuckwad earned every GO FUCK YOURSELF on his own and doesn't need you to go white knighting on his behalf.

I’m not knighting for your sub. 🤣

Surely you’re mature enough to understand that losing your cool reflects mostly on you, not so much on the person you’re striking out against.

Do you live alone?

Feel free to pour heart out. 😢

And those claims turned out to be 100% true, which is why DeSantis changed his tune.
EXACTLY. If Desantis had done what he threatened to do (dissolve Reedy Creek) taxpayers would be on the hook for close to one billion-with-capital-B dollars in bond debt that the state would then be mandated to pay back by law. So Desantis simply had the law changed to allow him to install his own cronies (known in Florida as the "Five Stooges") but it took several months to accomplish.

In the interim, Disney entered into a legal contract with the existing commissioners. which left Desantis with egg on his face, the Five Stooges with virtually nothing to break, and BabyBoomer was reduced to spluttering "contracts are unconstitutional!"

Clear win for Disney.

I’m not knighting for your sub. 🤣

Surely you’re mature enough to understand that losing your cool reflects mostly on you, not so much on the person you’re striking out against.

Do you live alone?

Feel free to pour heart out. 😢

You put on your shiny mylar Halloween suit and you know it. You even spent time admiring yourself in front of the mirror before you went to town in it.

You put on your shiny mylar Halloween suit and you know it. You even spent time admiring yourself in front of the mirror before you went to town in it.
Mylar? :LOL:

No, I prefer leather, rubber, vinyl, and lycra. ;)

Ron DeSantis’s Oversight Board Sues Disney

“The lawsuit details numerous defects that, in the board’s view, render the agreements illegal, including procedural violations in the way they were cemented and provisions that improperly contract away the district’s legislative power.”
😀

https://www.wsj.com/articles/ron-desantiss-oversight-board-moves-to-sue-disney-7c81bbee
The more you applaud Florida's government retaliation against Disney, the less claim you have of being any sort of conservative.

Disney World's "Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser" hotel to close

abcnews.go.com.ico
ABC|47 minutes ago
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- No more premium stay in a galaxy far, far away: Disney World's "Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser" hotel is making its last voyage at the end of September. ...

I'm not saying it's related, but ...

Your advocacy of the 50+ year old Crony Capitalist Kingdom is duly noted.
I am not supporting Disney nor any policy for or against the company beyond the last year, in my statement. . Sorry.

Change in policy towards the company recently is directly related to retaliatory actions. There is no economical changes which support those changes.

DeSantis' popularity rating has fallen since November and almost half of Americans see him in an unfavorable light, according to a survey by polling organization Navigator.

Over the same period, Disney's favorability rating has remained high, with people siding with the corporation in its beef with DeSantis and nearly two in three Americans having a favorable view of the media giant.

The majority of people, across all ethnic groups, sided with Disney and believe it is in the right in the Florida governor's "crusade" against it.

Even worse news for DeSantis is that his favorability rating among Republicans has declined 19 points since November. One in five Republicans sided with Disney, believing the company is in the right.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/ne...p&cvid=6bdb27e941344837e95facd8bcbff108&ei=31

Back