What's for dinner?

Takeout of some sort tonight
Tomorrow I will make baked pasta (mini penne) with lots of veggies (spinach, peppers, and onions). That's what she said...she wanted.

Hey, it's Mothers Day weekend, and I'm hosting, as usual. :rolleyes:

It seems like you should at least be able to get some help.

The wife is working tonight, so it's grilled chicken breast, steamed asparagus with cheddar cheese sauce and roasted potatoes for one.

Dear burger cooker and onion thief,

When you asked for an onion to spice up the burgers, I was hoping my burger would have at least 1 slice of onion. It was good with slaw and fries.

Sincerely,
ThatsTheGuy

PS. Tomorrow I will ask for a burger to go with my other onion. And cheese.

I had chicken shawarma, maybe fours ago. I assume I'll be hungry soon, I'll have a leftover pork chop with some steamed rice, and a side of salad. As I write this I'm starting to feel the stirrings of hunger brewing in my belly.

giphy.gif

Tonight will be homemade pizza, salad and a nice looking raspberry swirl cheesecake I found in the freezer at the grocery. Hey, it's Mothers Day weekend, and I'm hosting, as usual. :rolleyes:

I lied. My energy didn't make it that far, sent my husband to town to buy a pizza.

It seems like you should at least be able to get some help.

I'm hosting but everyone brings something, even if it's just potato chips.

:rolleyes:

Hubby's tongue is hanging out for some real food (he thinks this obssesion with brioche and croissants explains why the French are so unstable...) and my brother sent me a big can of Filé, it arrived today, so to celebrate, we're having Filé Gumbo with Andouille sausage, chicken, duck legs, crab, and razor clams for dinner tonight, with crackling bread and steamed white rice, and, allegedly, a Pineapple Bundt Cake for dessert. Foolish male creature has taken it upon himself to make the cake, I wanted Rum Baba's, we shall see...

Green salad, one hot dog, 1/4 cup of potato salad, and THREE whole doritoes!

What happens when you end up with yummy leftovers but you're trying to make up for a misspent weekend. :rolleyes:

Tonight I had pizza with green peppers, onions and beef.

Last edited:
I reprised the jerked black beans, Andouille sausages, and kale salad treat.

Upcoming dinner will be at a Sacramento BBQ joint.

The next will be hospital food.

No jalapeños.

Sad.

Paprika-rubbed pork tenderloin with stuffed mushrooms, all on the BBQ.

Best wishes for the hospital, Hypoxia. I hope all will be far better than the food.

I reprised the jerked black beans, Andouille sausages, and kale salad treat.

Upcoming dinner will be at a Sacramento BBQ joint.

The next will be hospital food.

No jalapeños.

Sad.

I wish you all the best while you're at the hospital.

The BBQ joint was overly noisy so we had great salads and burgers at Rocket Rod's. An apple for dessert now, my last swallow before tomorrow's procedure. They'll squirrel around inside me, observe me overnight, feed me a couple of bland meals, and kick me to the street Friday during the midday crush. Then I'll search for a nearby taco truck.

The BBQ joint was overly noisy so we had great salads and burgers at Rocket Rod's. An apple for dessert now, my last swallow before tomorrow's procedure. They'll squirrel around inside me, observe me overnight, feed me a couple of bland meals, and kick me to the street Friday during the midday crush. Then I'll search for a nearby taco truck.

When my sister-in-law had a procedure, she had it at a huge hospital. In the summer. When we picked her up, the first thing she did was have us go across the street into a parking lot where 5 food trucks were set up.

She had tacos and "Polish" style hot dogs.

That might be one way to get things running again after the anasthesia. Good luck. :rose:

Back