What's for dinner?

Grilled chicken that had been marinated in Italian dressing and roasted squash, zucchini, and onion

Tonight I had a salmon and crab burrito with avocados, carrots & other things.

What's that guy doing here?

b400f269c46c70931a9a25c65ac8d901.jpg

Happens every time I sit down to write.

Friends for dinner tonight, so we're having barbecue platters, with St Louis-style pork ribs, rubbed and smoked brisket, spiced & cured barbecue pulled-pork, spiced tempura pickles, deep-fried sweet potato pimento balls, and stuffed crispy-fried Poblano peppers, and smoked Cinnamon pineapple with lemon and chilli sorbet for dessert. Lots of alcohol will also find its way to the table...

This looks great.

Friends for dinner tonight, so we're having barbecue platters, with St Louis-style pork ribs, rubbed and smoked brisket, spiced & cured barbecue pulled-pork, spiced tempura pickles, deep-fried sweet potato pimento balls, and stuffed crispy-fried Poblano peppers, and smoked Cinnamon pineapple with lemon and chilli sorbet for dessert. Lots of alcohol will also find its way to the table...

Son broke a metatarsal last night, in a cast today. He wanted something "homemade," not fast food. He wanted cheeseburgers and "pasta salad."

Within an hour my wife and I went to the market to pick up burger, rolls, and snack food (for him), we came back and I had measured out the 5 burgers (between 4.6 and 5.2 ounces), cut the peppers for the salad (wife doesn't like raw onion texture, use onion powder), cooked the pasta (whatever I had in boxes in the pantry), cooked the burgers, made the salad, and cut onions for son's and my burgers.

Thank fucking God I worked as a pantry cook and short order cook as a teenager or we'd still be waiting for dinner!

Birthday dinner out for the munchkin tonight - I had steak with shrimp, steamed broccoli and smashed garlic potatoes.

Back