The AH Coffee Shop and Reading Room 02: A Comma (is a Restful Pause)

Status
Not open for further replies.
His excuse is the ladies that seem to haunt him :)

Wheaties is not the breakfast of champions but Sweeties are. :D

I once thought a Muse's job was to whisper the story in my ear. Now I know her job is to give me good characters that have a story to write. The rest will be history.

How he or she auditions characters might make someone a great plot bunny. :devil:

Last edited:
Wheaties is not the breakfast of champions but Sweeties is. :D

I once thought a Muse's job was to whisper the story in my ear. Now I know her job is to give me good characters that have a story to write. The rest will be history.

How he or she auditions characters might make someone a great plot bunny. :devil:

What a good'un

Aiiiiiiii. Been so busy writing my April Fools story I haven't even had time to say good morning and hang around. Been getting up every morning early and writing 3-4k words plus editing and rewrites in the afternoons and evenings. Up to 60k now and the team is just arriving at the outbreak site. I have written the ending tho. Just the climatic battle and the last big sex scene to go. Almost ... almost ... so I've been missing my Literotica AH fix the last few days but I want to get this done and in and it's going to be down to the wire .... again. Nothing like writing to a deadline to squeeze the words out, that's for sure.

56a0859ab16b2135eec47556e9b179cf--coffee-date-coffee-break.jpg

Aiiiiiiii. Been so busy writing my April Fools story I haven't even had time to say good morning and hang around. Been getting up every morning early and writing 3-4k words plus editing and rewrites in the afternoons and evenings. Up to 60k now and the team is just arriving at the outbreak site.]

60k+? I'm never going to read it.

60k+? I'm never going to read it.

If you don't read long stories then you are probably missing a lot of good reads. JMHO.

Fresh coffee for the late crew and a fresh kettle to go along with it.

Got a little rain, not much. No snow. But more expected rain/snow over the weekend. They got an inch of snow up north.

Got a little rain, not much. No snow. But more expected rain/snow over the weekend. They got an inch of snow up north.

We got wind, but not as much dust as I expected. The little bit of rain last week probably helped. The humidity stayed in double digits, too. That made me happy.

Not even the zombie hordes part where you're fighting them of?

It's more of a novella. I think about 75k words in the end. I have a lot planned for tomorrow.

Zombie hordes? I thought the coffee house was in a nice area. How did that happen?

75K is totally in the novel range. You spin the words off so fast that maybe you should go pro.

Zombie hordes? I thought the coffee house was in a nice area. How did that happen?

75K is totally in the novel range. You spin the words off so fast that maybe you should go pro.

Alas, Tex's coffee shop is not in the tourist Texas. It's in the deep dark heart of old Texas, the Texas that predates the USA or the conquistadors...... it's been totally fun to write.

I got the zombie hordes idea from a news article about a Baltimore shopping mall that the developers built over an old cemetery and they left 5000 bodies there. Imagine them all coming back as zombies in one hit, rising up thru the floor of the mall and the parking lot, hungry....

Go pro? Well, got another 75k word novella that I'm polishingand it's off to the publishers end of this month, then a sequel and an SF one so the next couple of months is going to be maniacal for sure.

Last edited:
Light snow all day, with just enough rain to clear the roads so we could get out and get back home. We expect well over a foot of snow tonight and tomorrow. I stocked up on wine, chowder, and cornbread mix. We're ready.

My Mand'uke strings arrived from England at the post office today but the taropatch from New York didn't make it as scheduled. Or did it? [/me checks the front porch] Nope, no delivery. My fingers weep with frustration.

It's too late for coffee now. Mint cocoa, that's the ticket.

The TV set I've driven through each of the last few days is still working, and now just a few blocks away some movie (using R&R on its location signs) is taking up whole streets. I went by there on my way home last night. I suspect they lost a day of filming to the winds. There wouldn't be much point to putting a camera boom up in that.

Then, to my surprise, I saw an advertisement for my daughter's father-in-law's dental practice plastered across the side of a city bus.

It seems like there should be a short name for "daughter's father-in-law" (or "son-in-law's father") but I can't think of one.

Morning all,

Some fool took out the phone box and phone/power pole at the end of the county road around daylight this morning. No power, no phone, no internet. A minor Apocalypse to some a chance to sleep in for others.

Fresh coffee for the nooner crowd or any morning stragglers like me.

With all our curtains open, we're inside a snow globe. Winter fucking wonderland, for sure. Looks like half a foot since midnight and much more due today. Oops, I didn't restock milk yesterday, so we'll have to dose our coffee with canned whipped cream. And no more creamy chowder. Oh, the sacrifice...

I suspect what will happen if/when we lose power.

1) We'll kick ourselves for postponing the backup generator till this fall.
2) We'll light candles all over the house.
3) We'll kick ourselves for not stocking our traditional powers-off cioppino.
4) I'll finally get around to restringing some instruments.
5) We'll huddle around candles to read actual books.
6) Might have to crawl in bed and screw a lot to stay warm.
7) Any coffee will be cowboy-style on the gas range.
8) Wait, there's a jar of instante out in the little RV!
9) We could retire to the RV and run its genny till propane is gone.
10) Everything will be fine.

Meanwhile, I'd best brew up another quadruple espresso while I still can. Y'all are invited to strap on your snowshoes and stop by for some. Bring donuts.

Well, up here in the PNW the vegetation seems to think spring is on the way. All kind of buds popping up all over. I feel like I should be sitting down to tie flies rather than write.

Last edited:
Well, up here in the PNW the vegetation seems to think spring is on the way. All kind of buds popping up all over. I feel like I should be sitting down to tie flies rather than write.

According the almanac in the local newspaper, we reached the point where daylight hours are longer than night hours--by one minute as of today, despite the equinox being several days away. I'm cutting hyacinths for the table.

I found two new film location signs on the way home tonight, and drove past another set where it looks like they'll be doing some night filming. The two new ones were "S 2nd" (South Second St? -- I haven't heard of it), and "TNS" (The Night Shift). That makes five productions shooting at locations in and around the down town area.

Well, power went off around noon and just came back on. Made the trip to Lowes for a new nail gun, Gorilla Glue, Brads, a new air hose, a few circuit breakers, and other assorted goodies.

Back home, I installed a new light over the saw table, installed the new breakers and wired up some of the stuff i had put off until now.

Brought home some fried chicken for supper.

Now for the fresh coffee for the evening crew. A fresh kettle for those of that persuasion.

.... Brought home some fried chicken for supper.

Now for the fresh coffee for the evening crew. A fresh kettle for those of that persuasion.

Someone else is picking up chinese takeout on the way home. Me, guess what I'm up to all weekend coz that March 20th deadline ... gulp, it's looming and that werewolf skin rug sex scene is just crying out for more detail and shit is happening ... The B1 with the tactical nuke just got returned to base .... I'm having a ball with this one ...

zombie_slayer_writer_mug-r6188e31193174b25b14d9512ffb58eb4_kfpv5_324.jpg
936523eeb51e0165dc4c8fab892b7ed3.jpg

“Goldstein here,” Bronstein’s boss was speaking into some high tech radio set. “You can tell the Pentagon to put the B1 on hold. Won’t need the special. … okay, we’ll keep you updated. Sitrep every fifteen minutes but right now the nest is reported destroyed, outbreak’s contained, we’re clearing any leakers out of the town … yeah, we’re terminating any infected … shipping casualties to the facility for monitoring … yeah, we’ll put down any that turn, standard procedure …. Zombie outbreak as well but that’s contained … yeah, we figure ‘round three to five hundred civilian casualties … acceptable, yeah …. Okay, fifteen minutes …. Goldstein out.”
“What was the payload?” Bronstein asked.
“Low tactical yield. Five kilotons. Minimal radiation,” Goldstein said without looking around. “Casualties would be acceptable.”
“Including us.” Bronstein sounded dry.
“Including us. You know the protocols.” Goldstein sounded like he didn’t give a crap.
“Jesus,” I said, kinda stunned. Were they talking about what I thought they were talking about? “You were gonna drop a nuke on Texas.”
“Small one,” Goldstein said. “If that outbreak had spread out of this town, I’d ‘ve called for a bigger one.”

I think the Coffee Shop would survive, Tex, but we'd a been crispy critters... :eek:

Last edited:
Fried chicken I like, Crispy Tex, not so much.

Years ago, we were going to barbecue. The gitlfriend of the time tried to light the fire but it was either going to slow for her or some such. I arrived in the back yard, opened the pit lid and tossed a match. I wasn't aware that she had drenched the coals with starter fluid.

"Booof" Lost the hair on the backs of my hands and forearms. Lost most of my chest hair. Lost my mustache and eyebrows. I was a light pink for several days.

That is as close to crispy as I want to get.

There was another time in Vietnam but that was enemy fire, not supposedly friendly fire and I do mean fire.

Evening, all.

I found two new film location signs on the way home tonight, and drove past another set where it looks like they'll be doing some night filming. The two new ones were "S 2nd" (South Second St? -- I haven't heard of it), and "TNS" (The Night Shift). That makes five productions shooting at locations in and around the down town area.
When I was in Savannah a few weeks ago, we came across two different film crews in and around River Street. Gave the walk-about a different flavor.

With all our curtains open, we're inside a snow globe. Winter fucking wonderland, for sure. Looks like half a foot since midnight and much more due today.
:eek:

Hahaha! :D

"Booof" Lost the hair on the backs of my hands and forearms. Lost most of my chest hair. Lost my mustache and eyebrows. I was a light pink for several days.

That is as close to crispy as I want to get.

There was another time in Vietnam but that was enemy fire, not supposedly friendly fire and I do mean fire.
Double :eek: And reminded me of...

A friend of mine has an uncle who was stationed somewhere during the Vietnam War (I don't think he ever told me where). Anyway, he was in a missile bay when an alarm went off, the alarm that signaled a launch. He said he knew in that instant that he was a goner because there was no time (or way since the bay would be sealed up) to get out. He said he just closed his eyes, said a prayer, and waited. But nothing happened. False alarm. Said it still gives him nightmares.

The spoils of war, negative-wise. :(

Winter friggin' wonderland, as they say in my country. More snow. Power bounced ON and OFF a couple times, then settled on OFF. Batteries for the laptops, DSL, and WiFi won't last forever so I'm shutting down. We're lighting candles and missing the cioppino already. Cya.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back