The Isolated Blurt Thread XXXIV: Like Books & Black Lives, Albums Still Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Somebody's pretty damn good at "photoshopping." Worth preserving.

tumblr_ohz1kitoPp1tmbbaro1_400.gif

I am taking forever to dig out a cashew nut curry recipe for someone. We often serve it with pineapple tok ( yum) some bringsl Bhaji or okra.

My favourite curry is a an early summer/ late spring one of young turnips but I don't know how I feel about that with coconut oil.

Have either of you tried dual with coconut oil, I haven't because I am not eating it right now and I am the only one who loves it, but....now I really want!

I think you meant dahl.

It's funny you mention dahl. After the scrumptious results were devoured, my wife and I started riffing on other curry dishes we enjoy, that we could make with coconut oil, and dahl came up.

A good number of my dahl dishes start of with the nutty richness of a brown butter, then I incorporate spices accordingly, and just before serving some brightness is brought in with some fresh cilantro and a squeeze of lemon juice.

I am planing two dahl dishes (probably Masoor, and maybe Channa) which I will make very soon, where I will use coconut oil, and try fresh lime juice instead of lemon.

I think you meant dahl.

It's funny you mention dahl. After the scrumptious results were devoured, my wife and I started riffing on other curry dishes we enjoy, that we could make with coconut oil, and dahl came up.

A good number of my dahl dishes start of with the nutty richness of a brown butter, then I incorporate spices accordingly, and just before serving some brightness is brought in with some fresh cilantro and a squeeze of lemon juice.

I am planing two dahl dishes (probably Masoor, and maybe Channa) which I will make very soon, where I will use coconut oil, and try fresh lime juice instead of lemon.

I really do feel pity for those who taste soap when they eat cilantro. I couldn't imagine not having it in my life.

I know. :eek:

A local general contractor wants to buy it and fix it up. It's looking like I'll be signing the contract before next week.

WHOA! That must be a lot to absorb. It's all getting real and it'll be all good!

Are you going to the PNW or staying local?

That is the question of the hour. If it wasn't for my daughter, I'd head to the PNW, as soon as the house was sold. I am sincerely not happy here in Ohio. How do I leave my grown daughter?

This is definitely one of those time when I sincerely wish I was not so soft-hearted.

Oh god yes. Losing my brother was hard, I miss him a lot.
My grandmothers and fathers all died when I was little or before I was born. I really don't remember much of that.
My Dad's been gone since 05, Mom last March. I don't think you ever really get over that.

For people who have lost children......I cannot even imagine. I don't think I could survive that.

I didn't think I could survive this horrid mess with my dad but, I did. You never really know if you can handle something until it actually happens.

Thank you so much, Twinks. You're so sweet. :)

Everyone here has been so kind, while I posted about losing my folks. I apologize to anyone if I have been annoying. I honestly did not mean to be.

WTF? Anyone who really feels it to be annoying can just ignore your posts. Then again, anyone who would find someone's pain to be annoying should see a psychiatrist and definitely is not worth your time!

Please, you especially need and needed to post. I am sure it helped and still does. Post whatever and as often as you need. The people who care about you want to read what you write.

WHOA! That must be a lot to absorb. It's all getting real and it'll be all good!

I think I'm in shock. Earlier today, I thought it would be 2 months before someone would be interested.

You are always nice Pink. You are Lit's sweetheart. Good luck with the packing. If I was close by, I would help!

Oh good lord, I'm an Aries. They cannot be Lit's sweetheart.

I could sincerely use help. I'm not taking a ton but it's damn cold in that house.

I could go for Nachos with everything on them. Whose buying?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back