The "Fuck you cancer!" thread

*applauds*
As should we all, regardless of our situations :)

You are soooo right.

Had my first flu after being cancer free and boy was it rough with the damage to my lungs from the chemotherapy. FYC

Cancer is breathtakingly sucky.

Hi all

My Dad has finished his radiotherapy and now we have a hellish 3 months to see if it's done anything, if not then it's chemotherapy.. It's heartbreaking to see how it's changed him he does not know where he lives or his names of my sisters or animals it's truly heartbreaking 😢😢

Anyway hope everyone is still kicking cancer butt..

Much love to everyone going through it or been through it it's a fucker..

X

Pulling for your Dad!

FYC!

I hate how it deprives you of your ability to do things even when you are 90 years old and subsequently little by little your humanity.

It has a way of taking a little piece of everything, doesn't it? It starts of with the physical, but slowly it works its way into your heart, your mind, your soul...and, of course, it also hurts those who love you most. Stay strong and fight hard. Don't let it win. Open your eyes every day and know you are stronger for having beat it one more day.

Had my first flu after being cancer free and boy was it rough with the damage to my lungs from the chemotherapy. FYC

I hope you are feeling better. Be well.

*Subscribes*

Fuck cancer. Took away the one good person in my life. I got to watch her go by inches.....

So sorry to hear this...hard to improve lungs after that kind of damage but I am sending you strength and all the positive vibes I can...

FYC

Hi all

My Dad has finished his radiotherapy and now we have a hellish 3 months to see if it's done anything, if not then it's chemotherapy.. It's heartbreaking to see how it's changed him he does not know where he lives or his names of my sisters or animals it's truly heartbreaking 😢😢

Anyway hope everyone is still kicking cancer butt..

Much love to everyone going through it or been through it it's a fucker..

X

Hoping that after all he has been through this treatment is successful...fingers and toes crossed...

I Win

After all the testing I now know that the chemo damaged my liver, just about killed the pancreas, and damaged my heart...but it seems to have killed my cancer...

Saying that this is my BIG fuck you cancer...I WIN...YOU LOSE. My cancer is in remission and I am handling the new diabetes diagnosis pretty well so far...I am a bit worse for wear but my sex drive (the important stuff LOL) is back and I am going to work part time for now...

So cancer can just go suck an egg...lol

FYC

Last edited:
After all the testing I now know that the chemo damaged my liver, just about killed the pancreas, and damaged my heart...but it seems to have killed my cancer...

Saying that this is my BIG fuck you cancer...I WIN...YOU LOSE. My cancer is in remission and I am handling the new diabetes diagnosis pretty well so far...I am a bit worse for wear but my sex drive (the important stuff LOL) is back and I am going work part time for now...

FYC

Hell. Yeah.

I love this for you, and your attitude is amazing after all that friendly fire on your body. As long as cellfucker loses, YOU win.

FYC!

Well. Gene Wilder passed away. Which is significant to me in my cancer walk, which I won't get into. The same day I learned that a member of my original rare cancer group passed, after treatment for breast cancer. I don't want to rant, which I tend to do sometimes. I wish I had the ability to say what I feel, to express my appreciation to both Gilda Radnor and Gene Wilder, and to express the loss of a second member of my small group's passing. But I don't have the ability. I know more about what love is and what it isn't these days, as I get older. And I think that's a good thing. Wishing everyone the best! xo

Saying that this is my BIG fuck you cancer...I WIN...YOU LOSE. My cancer is in remission and I am handling the new diabetes diagnosis pretty well so far...I am a bit worse for wear but my sex drive (the important stuff LOL) is back and I am going work part time for now...

FYC

Great attitude! And Hooray for your sex drive!!! *Big Hug* :rose::rose::rose: FUCK YOU CANCER

Last edited:
Well. Gene Wilder passed away. Which is significant to me in my cancer walk, which I won't get into. The same day I learned that a member of my original rare cancer group passed, after treatment for breast cancer. I don't want to rant, which I tend to do sometimes. I wish I had the ability to say what I feel, to express my appreciation to both Gilda Radnor and Gene Wilder, and to express the loss of a second member of my small group's passing. But I don't have the ability. I know more about what love is and what it isn't these days, as I get older. And I think that's a good thing. Wishing everyone the best! xo

Maybe ranting is exactly what you need to do! *SS* Ranting helps me sort out my feelings sometimes...makes me understand them better. My sympathies on your losses LadyVer. All the losses really do take a toll on us. :rose: FUCK YOU CANCER!

Maybe ranting is exactly what you need to do! *SS* Ranting helps me sort out my feelings sometimes...makes me understand them better. My sympathies on your losses LadyVer. All the losses really do take a toll on us. :rose: FUCK YOU CANCER!

Thanks, scot. :rose:

What a war you have been through. I can feel your exhaustion. Hang in there and take care of yourself, LV.

I'm sorry about your friend.

And sad about Gene Wilder, too.

:rose:

I think brain cancer is the absolute worst. She stopped being the smart as hell woman we knew. She stopped being her and it killed us to see it.

I'm so sorry. Such a cruel fucking disease. Watching someone you love fade is just brutal. I hope you can take just a little solace in the fact that, as the cancer progressed, her knowing how much you cared made it easier for her. Even - perhaps especially - when she couldn't express it.

Thank you DeepGreenEyes!

My husband has ALS. It will be 3 years in November. He's been in a wheelchair for over about 2 years. It's been a gradual decline of his mobility. No use of hands/arms at all. He could - in ninja-like fashion - kick open a door or use his toes to tap a button, and he could stand for about 3 minutes in order to transfer to the bathroom or for me to change his pants.

He's been able to eat normally. He talks. Breathes ok. He's actually been- considering the situation - fairly independent in his own way - he uses bluetooth on his chair to control the tv, he could move his chair with his head and one knee, he sleeps in his chair so I don't have to transfer him.

Then something changed. :( In the course of a few days, he lost total use of his legs, he lost his core strength so now he's all slumped over in his chair. He can't move his wheelchair on his own. His breathing became rapid and shallow. He can still eat and swallow but it's become such an ordeal to feed him, he's being tube fed everything. To change his clothes or use the bathroom, I now have to use a hoyer lift - which in better days looks very sex sling'ish.

What a weird, heartache of a week. It's kind of how ALS has worked for us.... something will change rapidly. We freak out then adjust to it and move along. This, however, feels really big.

It's not cancer. But it's shitty, it's terminal. And it deserves a giant fucking FUCK YOU.

My husband has ALS. It will be 3 years in November. He's been in a wheelchair for over about 2 years. It's been a gradual decline of his mobility. No use of hands/arms at all. He could - in ninja-like fashion - kick open a door or use his toes to tap a button, and he could stand for about 3 minutes in order to transfer to the bathroom or for me to change his pants.

He's been able to eat normally. He talks. Breathes ok. He's actually been- considering the situation - fairly independent in his own way - he uses bluetooth on his chair to control the tv, he could move his chair with his head and one knee, he sleeps in his chair so I don't have to transfer him.

Then something changed. :( In the course of a few days, he lost total use of his legs, he lost his core strength so now he's all slumped over in his chair. He can't move his wheelchair on his own. His breathing became rapid and shallow. He can still eat and swallow but it's become such an ordeal to feed him, he's being tube fed everything. To change his clothes or use the bathroom, I now have to use a hoyer lift - which in better days looks very sex sling'ish.

What a weird, heartache of a week. It's kind of how ALS has worked for us.... something will change rapidly. We freak out then adjust to it and move along. This, however, feels really big.

It's not cancer. But it's shitty, it's terminal. And it deserves a giant fucking FUCK YOU.

That's a heartbreaking read. {{{{{hug}}}}} :rose:

It sure the hell is shitty!!! Sorry for what you and your hubby are having to deal with! FUCK YOU ALS!!!!!:rose:

Yes it does. It certainly does.

:rose::heart:

That's a heartbreaking read. {{{{{hug}}}}} :rose:

It's a weird place to be. Thanks for the hug. :rose:

It sure the hell is shitty!!! Sorry for what you and your hubby are having to deal with! FUCK YOU ALS!!!!!:rose:

Thank you. Thanks for the FUCK YOU! :rose:

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/jul/26/ice-bucket-challenge-als-charity-gene-discovery

I have no social media usage apart from fora ( currently only lit) ...but ,...imagine a wear glitter or glitter bucket challenge for als/mnd.

Last August was ice bucket challenge part two so I did an ice bucket challenge every day in the month of August. By day 10, I was getting overwhelmed with pouring water over my head every day! We did get the local fire and police dept to take the challenge! A bunch of friends joined in again. I ended up doing a "dice" bucket challenge (using fuzzy dice) - a "mice" bucket challenge (using the toy mice for cats) - but I didn't use glitter!! That would've been AWESOME.

The ice bucket challenge magic won't be recaptured. But it was an amazing moment that raised much needed $$ for an underfunded disease. I knew nothing about ALS until the husband got it. Now I realize ALS isn't an incurable disease, just an underfunded one.

Thanks for letting me park my FUCK YOU's here. :rose:

Wow...praying for all the strength you can muster and all he can muster too for as long as possible... So very sorry he is suffering with this horrible disease and so sorry you are struggling so very much. It is sad to just watch him deteriorate I am sure...Take care of you so you can take good care of him...

Fuck you ALS

Oh cookie.

ALS. Fuck you.

You are doing so, so well. Such profound bravery by you both. Hang in there and take good care of yourself.

Godammit, fuck it to hell, cookie.

I stay out of this thread. My mom is a 4x cancer survivor, and I worked oncology for years. One of my good friends just died of pancreatic cancer last Christmas... and on and on and on...

I feel as if I'm always waiting for the other shoe to drop with people I love, or people I'm responsible for.

((((cookie))))
You know how much I love you and your hubs.

Fuck the pain and suffering.

Back