Star City- The Heroes of Tomorrow OOC

Really? The patronymic has been fairly consistent in my experience-- though I suppose in most instances the married females (like Lara and Allura) are referred to only by their first names. It was only as recently as "Smallville" that the "-El" hyphenate was included for a married female, I just assumed it had been canon throughout.

Do you happen to know chapter and verse for the "Lara Lor-Van" references? What comics or volumes that was in?

Not really, I remember that Byrne during his run refered to her thay way. And I remember some of the new 52 doing the same. And I think I even remember them refering to Alura the same way when they brought her back during that whole New Krypton arc.

Kara's *SMILE*....I think...miiiight be a super power, all unto its own. Because it's, well. There's really something SPECIAL about it. I--

Here. Please observe:

(felt I had to pop in and show some love and support for the girl of steel! HIIII to all, by the way!)

;)

We're all entitled to our own opinions. I disagree intensely, and had hoped that my writing would be engaging enough to overcome your dislike, but you really are perfectly welcome to feel as you wish.

I prefer the idealists, myself. People who strive to overcome their baser instincts and preserve life and hold out hope rather than simply eliminate any threat that pops up-- because that's a harder road, and I think more noble. But again-- if you gravitate to the visceral appeal of those who get it done faster and harder, that's a valid perspective.

Generally speaking, Power Girl is an alternate-history version of Supergirl, so you might not like her much on that score. She did have a backstory one time that placed her as a mystical product of Atlantis and the archmage Arion, but that turned out to be a cover.

In Kryptonian culture, a patronymic (and more than a little patriarchal) naming system denotes that an unmarried female would use her father's full name as her surname. "Kara Zor-El," for instance, after her father Zor-El. Then when the female marries, she takes the hyphenated House name of her husband-- when Allura married Zor-El, for instance, she became Allura-El, and Lara became Lara-El when she married his brother Jor-El.

Speaking of idealists, outside of the comic world I read a lot of books where the main characters always take the high road to overcome adversity. Of course a few of them doesn't like Mack Bolan (basically the novel version of Frank Castle)

What makes an anti-hero for me is not one who just goes out killing people and who prefers to be alone. The fact that they are broken people inside, created out of a back story which sould have broken any normal person. They rarely carry their hearts on their sleeves and will be shunned in society for who and what they are and do.

Sure there will be a few exceptions to this as there always will be, but hey even I need some senseless slaughter every now an then to make me smile :D

I mean look at what guys like Joker, Lex Luthor, Darkseid etc does. They kill people to intill fear and terror and and and. They get taken down and put away. One year later they break out and do it again. And so the cycle continues and people actually act zurprised that a sidekick finally dies due to the lack of timely intervention. If you had a guy like Frank Castle filling Joker with holes, or a guy like Wolverine ripping out Red Skull's guts, wouldnt that force creators to actually do their job and create new villians and stories?

There is a place for both the idealists and the dark Knights in this world. Both the comic book one, and the real one. I admire the idealists and I don't look down on them for any perceived weakness. But I also know that sometimes what the world needs most isn't a hero. It's a different kind of bad man. One who does what must be done and is willing to pay the prices...the terrible personal cost.

My Jaime Reyes is such a man. Willing to do what must be done, even if it means he has to play the villain. Batman has always been, as well.

There will always be those who walk in the light, with the crowds chanting their names. But there will also always be those who walk in shadow, between the darkness and the light.

I wanted to thank you, Nevyn, for tagging that song in your post.

I've long adored Loreena, and that song's in my top three by her.

Haunting and lovely.

Kara's *SMILE*....I think...miiiight be a super power, all unto its own. Because it's, well. There's really something SPECIAL about it. I--

Here. Please observe:

(felt I had to pop in and show some love and support for the girl of steel! HIIII to all, by the way!)

;)

Hi, Lachy!

I've missed you. And I miss Bart! I still feel awful for having to abandon him.

And oh, that smile.

I don't see what Jaime's getting at with the whole angel thing. No, not even at all.

:: swoons more than a little ::

I wanted to thank you, Nevyn, for tagging that song in your post.

I've long adored Loreena, and that song's in my top three by her.

Haunting and lovely.

Hahaha! It is so awesome that she actually hears THAT song. I never considered it that way, I was just trying to find a piece of music that would most represent what Jaime was trying to tell her. That dream world she lived in is pretty damned cool, btw.

And not entirely impossible to create, with enough help and effort. There is Hope.

Hi, Lachy!

I've missed you. And I miss Bart! I still feel awful for having to abandon him.

And oh, that smile.

I don't see what Jaime's getting at with the whole angel thing. No, not even at all.

:: swoons more than a little ::
Missed you too! :))) And don't fret about Bart. It was a necessity, because of 'real life', y'know?? The fun thing about these fictitious stories, is.......anything is possible, and 'we' are only restricted....by the power, of *OUR* imaginations....and "Lunaramblings'" forthcoming patience/willingness!

....I suspect the time traveling speedster will meet your character, and the manyment of the others....in a future, the none too far away! (heh, not to be cryptic...but I need to get my feet settled down, once more and all--!)

For now, I shall HAPPILY cheer from the sidelines. ;)

Hahaha! It is so awesome that she actually hears THAT song. I never considered it that way, I was just trying to find a piece of music that would most represent what Jaime was trying to tell her. That dream world she lived in is pretty damned cool, btw.

And not entirely impossible to create, with enough help and effort. There is Hope.

I saw it as kind of a metaphor-- like, he generated this sound of hope and longing and repentance and "please remember me," and filtered through her subconscious and her memories and her dreamworld, she heard it as a song that represented that sound.

And it was such a beautiful song.

I've done the same thing before with Imogen Heap-- this kind of transcendent, resonant music that's so much bigger than itself. I love that kind of idea.

There's been a number of stories where Clark has been in a dreamworld of a surviving Krypton, "The Man Who Has Everything," "All-Star Superman," et cetera, and I wanted to play off of that trope-- and combine it with the New Krypton storyline that LuckyVic mentioned earlier so that Kara wouldn't have to give up her human family, as well as elements of Grant Morrison's run on "JLA."

Glad it came out all right, thank you!

Missed you too! :))) And don't fret about Bart. It was a necessity, because of 'real life', y'know?? The fun thing about these fictitious stories, is.......anything is possible, and 'we' are only restricted....by the power, of *OUR* imaginations....and "Lunaramblings'" forthcoming patience/willingness!

....I suspect the time traveling speedster will meet your character, and the manyment of the others....in a future, the none too far away! (heh, not to be cryptic...but I need to get my feet settled down, once more and all--!)

For now, I shall HAPPILY cheer from the sidelines. ;)

I'm glad to hear this news, however textbook enigmatic!

I have been wondering about that a lot, but I didn't want to pressure you because I knew you had so much going on.

When your dust settles somewhat, I would like to talk to you about an idea that Lunar and I had a long time ago about a certain Boy of Steel.

This is true!

Although, while we're on the topic, I wonder if anyone picked up on Kara's cousin from Boston...

An argument could be made for Laurel.

But who do we know who's from Boston, can fly like a Kryptonian, and who could be related to humans named *Danvers?*

Just a heads up.

I will be gone from Lit from the 3rd.

If all goes well I will be back on the 10th.

If your story arcs does require Venom, feel free to godmod him.

I will try to get a post up where he fixes the first tower and encounters Black Spider.

I'm glad to hear this news, however textbook enigmatic!

I have been wondering about that a lot, but I didn't want to pressure you because I knew you had so much going on.

When your dust settles somewhat, I would like to talk to you about an idea that Lunar and I had a long time ago about a certain Boy of Steel.
*GASP**squeeeeal-?*

...that...conversation to be had, would be completely...BEYOND -- heh -- Super!

And amazing.
And spectacular.
And fantastic.
Uncanny, even...

But holy crap!!!!! I gotta invest in a VACUUM Miss "ChasNicollette"!!!!(as to expedite, huh??) ;)

The back-and-forth between you and Miss "TearsoftheWorld" is priceless by the way! Missed that too :)

Back