The Official Author's Hangout 2015 Summer Lovin' Contest Support Thread

PennLady

Literotica Guru
It's a tad early and I know that the Nude Day contest hasn't quite finished, but I know some people have ideas already for the Summer Lovin' contest, so I figured why not start now. :) (Also we're going on a vacation starting next Friday, so this seemed like a good time to start.)

Here are the basic facts:

Summer Lovin'
themes: warm weather, summer activities, bikinis, etc.
starts: August 21
closes: September 6
winners announced: September 13

So have some fun, indulge in those beach fantasies and write your story. :)

I already have something for this, just needs a little tweaking and another round of editing....or two...or three:eek:

well fortunately for me, my entry has a summer school theme so I can qualify for both contests.

It's a tad early and I know that the Nude Day contest hasn't quite finished, but I know some people have ideas already for the Summer Lovin' contest, so I figured why not start now. :) (Also we're going on a vacation starting next Friday, so this seemed like a good time to start.)

Here are the basic facts:

Summer Lovin'
themes: warm weather, summer activities, bikinis, etc.
starts: August 21
closes: September 6
winners announced: September 13

So have some fun, indulge in those beach fantasies and write your story. :)

aw shit...

:D

Mine is still at 18,582 words. First Time Romance.

Just hope I can post this on time.

whoops so much for that:eek:
I just want this thing up there.

I heard contest entries get more views than the regular ones. My story theme was suitable for Summer Lovin', so I decided to write for this contest. I don't really expect to win. Maybe a place at Ogg's last (TM) contest at best.

I'll prolly suck at that too. :rolleyes:

Have a couple already started that hit this theme, so I'm sure at least one of them will get finished.

I might have something for this. Just a few paragraphs with ideas at this point, I'm hoping to have this one finished in time.

My Nude Day story never really took off, but I have three partially finished stories (and an idea for a fourth) that could fit in Summer Lovin'. With any luck I'll finish at least one in time!

I've just checked my heap of incomplete stories.

Unlike almost all other themed contests, I don't have a folder for Summer Lovin'.

I DO have a few dozen part written stories that might become Summer Lovin' but none that are obvious candidates.

Back to the plot generator...

I, as Og, haven't got an entry in progress yet.

I have made a folder for Summer Lovin' and there are half a dozen part written stories that might be appropriate.

jeanne_d_artois is writing one of her stand-alone Laundry Tales. It's reached about 8,000 words but it's a two for one special offer - the heroine relives episodes from the past of two different ancestors, one from the early 1920s, and the other from the mid 1950s. She's not sure that works too well. It might end up as two separate stories.

Jeanne's Laundry Tales are numbered but are NOT chapters. Each one is complete in itself, with only the common premise that the heroine is told stories by a ghost and as the story starts the heroine lives the story as the main character.

The one I have was written awhile back, but the one I'm currently writing also has a summer theme so I could enter two.

The only issue is they would both be in the same category and not sure I want to do that.

they're still squabbling on the support thread. ;)

When is it different anyway?

No. It is closed to new entries, but the results have yet to come.

There is still time to read and vote. The results should be announced on Saturday 18th.

I don't read or vote on contest stories unless someone tells me to look at theirs. Without the story description, the contest page looks horrible. I wish they'd include the description at least. I like that advertisement part of a new story.

Without that, I'm kinda lost.

Back